New Installation | Harddrives 'vanishing'

Hello!

I am brand new to UnRaid, I am trying to get my initial server set up. I am using an old MoBo I do not use, and I have some HDD's that used to be in one of my machines that I am going to format and put in the UnRaid machine.

My problem is that my drives keep vanishing.  

First, I set up all my drives, they were all visible and working fine.  The Parity drive had to be re-imaged so I let that run overnight.  In the morning I came back to my server and saw that the Parity drive was disabled.  I looked into the logs and learned that UnRaid was having problems reading from the Parity drive for some reason.

I did some more research and found out that I should 'pre-clear' my drives.  I inserted all my drives once again, and now they dont usually show up as attached to the MoBo.  If I power cycle the machine then they occasionally show up.

This is where it gets weird too, so after the above issues, I wanted to see if it could perhaps be a SMART issue.  I went to test the harddrives via SMART in unraid, and upon testing them in SMART, the progress bar reaches about 20%, then the drive drops off no where to be found.  This happens to all my drives.

Questions:
- Why does sometimes my drives not get detected by the UnRaid machine? And othertimes it does?

- Why when I am performing a SMART check before I run a pre-clear does the HDD disappear?

Can anyone give me advice on what to do?  I dont think its a problem with the drives as they were working fine in my other machines with no SMART errors.

Thanks!

Please see attached diagnostic report

Summarized Problems:

- When I turn my UnRaid Computer on, 50% of the time none of the drives are detected or loaded whatsoever, 50% of the time they are loaded, but then later during operation 'disconnect'

- Note: These drives and the hardware for the UnRaid Computer were working 100% fine just last week as my windows machine.  I have now turned it into an UnRaid machine and am encountering many problems

maintower-diagnostics-20171021-1514.zip

How many drives are you supposed to have?  How are they connected? (looks like one is USB, which isn't particularly recommended).  If connected via Sata, are you using the ports run via the Southbridge chip or the Marvel controller?  What are the specs of your power supply?  

1 hour ago, Squid said:

How many drives are you supposed to have?  How are they connected? (looks like one is USB, which isn't particularly recommended).  If connected via Sata, are you using the ports run via the Southbridge chip or the Marvel controller?  What are the specs of your power supply?  

I currently have 3 drives (I plan to add more once I get this up and working)

1 Tb HDD (Storage) SATA connection

4 Tb HDD (Parity) SATA connection
240 GB SSD (for cache) SATA connection

Previously this computer was used for a windows machine.  All of the hardware is the same as it was in the windows configuration (HDD, MoBo, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU) 

They are connected to the blue Marvel Controller ports on my ASUS motherboard

I have 24 Gb of RAM

Intel I7 bloomfield 950 CPU

My power supply is a 500w Thermalake TR2

Let me know how I can help more! I appreciate your help and input! 

I am puzzled because this hardware worked fine as a Windows Machine, but now as UnRaid is having problems. 
-----------------

I called a local CPU parts repair and plan to take the drives in to be checked out. Do you think that's worthwhile? (I also have a corrupted 4TB HDD I need to have retrieved)

My power supply is the 

Edited by champion01
1 minute ago, champion01 said:

They are connected to the blue Marvel Controller ports on my ASUS motherboard

Connect them to the ports coming off of the Southbridge chips instead.  Marvel controllers can suffer from this disease you're seeing due to Marvel not particularly caring about the Linux world.