[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - MotionEye

I have got motioneye running as a docker on an unraid server which I recently setup.  The problem Iam having is that after restarting the server and then trying to login to motioneye I get an invalid credentials error.  I know that they username/password are correct.  Do I need to edit a config file or something so that it doesnt cause this error?

Hi Guys I have motioneye setup and have my cameras working on my unraid server.  Iam having a problem where when I shut down the server and try to login to motioneye it says I have invalid credentials.  I noticed on the log that it isnt saving to /etc/motion/ for the config file.  Any help thanks.

• 1 month later...

I am unable to set time zone in UI even after enabling it in the motioneye.conf file

"# path to the localtime file
# (enable this to configure the system time zone from the UI)
local_time_file /etc/localtime"

Please guide me how to set time or change timezone for this docker

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, pg93 said:

I am unable to set time zone in UI even after enabling it in the motioneye.conf file

"# path to the localtime file
# (enable this to configure the system time zone from the UI)
local_time_file /etc/localtime"

Please guide me how to set time or change timezone for this docker

@pg93 - did you try syncing the clock using:

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

You can either add it as a custom variable or add it to your template as a read-only path

I can't guarantee it works with this container though, I'm using the official one from ccrisan/motioneye

Edited by sreknob
added info

I have been looking at this docker as a working solution for myself as I am looking at installing some IP POE Security Camera.

I have looked around and I can't see any suggests for what type of Camera are best for this docker.

so can anyone suggest any good Outside IP POE Camera with will work

Edit:  would the following be a good ideal.

• UBIQUITI Networks UVC-G3 1080p UniFi Indoor/Outdoor IP Video Camera with Infrared
  • NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE Switch (GS305P)
Edited by chris_netsmart
On 4/7/2019 at 6:46 AM, chris_netsmart said:

I have been looking at this docker as a working solution for myself as I am looking at installing some IP POE Security Camera.

I have looked around and I can't see any suggests for what type of Camera are best for this docker.

so can anyone suggest any good Outside IP POE Camera with will work

You can use pretty much anything with this, that's part of the beauty of it! Best to get something that can stream HTTP or RTSP, best with x264 video probably. I have a couple of EZVIZ Husky 1080p PoE Bullet Cameras I picked up on clearance for cheap and they work well as outdoor cameras.

I also have some motorola wifi baby monitors, a couple of D-link DCS-2530Ls and my OctoPi camera as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/26/2018 at 11:53 PM, stefer said:

I can't seem to passthrough my camera.

lsusb gives me this

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:075d Microsoft Corp. LifeCam Cinema

I passthrough a device pointing to : /dev/bus/usb/002/003

And the container doesn't recognize the camera.  (no cameras found)

And in /dev there's no device with ttyusb# either...

Having the same problem with "Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08c9 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Ultra Vision"

Did you ever get it to work? My /dev/ does not seem to have any usb for this camera as well, can find it under /dev/bus/usb/ tho, but that's not working to passthrough to the docker.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, Nischi said:

Having the same problem with "Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08c9 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Ultra Vision"

Did you ever get it to work? My /dev/ does not seem to have any usb for this camera as well, can find it under /dev/bus/usb/ tho, but that's not working to passthrough to the docker.

Nope, gave up and only used my Raspberry Pi instead.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Have been running motioneye with 3 rtsp wyze cameras for several months without issue.  After updating motioneye this week the video feeds no longer display.   Any help would be app.  

UPdate.

bug in MotionEye triggered by the Chrome update and is fixed in a dev release. Can be worked around for now by disabling chrome://flags/#enable-lazy-image-loading

Edited by warham
  • Like 1

I have been having a bit of an issues with  MonitionEye that it is not showing the Stream from my IP Cam

I have been able to set up my Unifi cam with no issues, and set it to standalone.  fixing it's IP address

then I when to monition Eye and install the Docker, using all the default, then I tried to add the Unifi Cam, but here is where I am getting the problem.

as I have gone through the steps to step up the connection

Capture.PNG.1436c20719b55caf63c33f0620c47047.PNG

I have tried both EvonStream and each time I am getting this

Capture.PNG.6f62ced3742bb1c4eb699b1a051c2184.PNG

the pain in the ass is that I had this working, and then I packed it all away as I have builders around and I didn't want anything to get damage.

here are my Cam settings

Capture.PNG.a28fe393579c23a13eff99d0befdec43.PNG

Capture.PNG.9914c3ab5725fff6ef53f3064277cd59.PNG

Capture.PNG.e345a43bbc1c51145ac3b42cdfe7002e.PNG

before anyone say, I know that my Enable RTSP Authentication is turn off,  this is for testing only and I will turn it back on, once I get a feed from the cam.

can anyone help me work out why I am not getting a stream image within MonitionEye

3 hours ago, chris_netsmart said:

I have been having a bit of an issues with  MonitionEye that it is not showing the Stream from my IP Cam

I have been able to set up my Unifi cam with no issues, and set it to standalone.  fixing it's IP address

then I when to monition Eye and install the Docker, using all the default, then I tried to add the Unifi Cam, but here is where I am getting the problem.

as I have gone through the steps to step up the connection

I have tried both EvonStream and each time I am getting this

can anyone help me work out why I am not getting a stream image within MonitionEye

Are you using chrome to view? if so see my post before yours.  

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, aartr said:

The Chrome issue for motionEye got fixed in the 0.41rc1 release. I have an up-to date docker that can be used as a drop-in replacement here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aartr/docker-motioneye, just change the Repository field to aartr/docker-motioneye

Thanks for the update.  I would just like to confirm that all i have to do is open a terminal and cut and paste in the command, reminding to change the repoaitory.

Update:  Ok I take a chance and I run the following command within a terminal docker pull aartr/docker-monitioneye

which gave me this

Capture.PNG.c7f46f5ced73e6579c1366a96a005b98.PNG

but I am still getting the spinning icon, when I go within monition eye and not a Cam Feed

Edited by chris_netsmart
On 8/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, chris_netsmart said:

Thanks for the update.  I would just like to confirm that all i have to do is open a terminal and cut and paste in the command, reminding to change the repoaitory.

Update:  Ok I take a chance and I run the following command within a terminal docker pull aartr/docker-monitioneye

which gave me this

Capture.PNG.c7f46f5ced73e6579c1366a96a005b98.PNG

but I am still getting the spinning icon, when I go within monition eye and not a Cam Feed

No, you'll have to go into the Unraid web interface, open the docker tab, click the motionEye icon and select "edit" from the dropdown. In this form find the "Repository" field and change "malvarez00/docker-motioneye" to "aartr/docker-motioneye" and press apply. This should go totally seamless but I'd recommend backing up your "motionEye" folder inside of your appdata just to be safe.

Edited by aartr
Corrected the repo name
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, aartr said:

No, you'll have to go into the Unraid web interface, open the docker tab, click the motionEye icon and select "edit" from the dropdown. In this form find the "Repository" field and change "malvarez00/docker-motioneye" to "aartr/docker-monitioneye" and press apply. This should go totally seamless but I'd recommend backing up your "motionEye" folder inside of your appdata just to be safe.

I just tried that am I got the following error

Capture.thumb.JPG.0a07d85a4a77a136f32923ffd262234c.JPG

PS. I have moved my config files off from the cache as I found this was eating through my SSD. so at the moment I am testing moment as slow working out the best solution to move them back, to prevent the SSD being eating through.

7 hours ago, chris_netsmart said:

I just tried that am I got the following error

Capture.thumb.JPG.0a07d85a4a77a136f32923ffd262234c.JPG

PS. I have moved my config files off from the cache as I found this was eating through my SSD. so at the moment I am testing moment as slow working out the best solution to move them back, to prevent the SSD being eating through.

Hi Chris,

Sorry not sure what happened but I misspelled the repository name. It should be "aartr/docker-motioneye" instead of "aartr/docker-monitioneye". I'll update my post above to include the correct repo name as well.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

quick question. I have my montioneye running now for about 4 weeks and so far it is working as I would like it to do,  but there is on thing that I haven't worked out and I don't know if it is design thing.

that when it captors something it is only saving it in 9 sec chucks, or less which is a pain, 

I have copy a screen shot of my settings in the hope that someone can see my mistake.

image.png.f5f3b4043cf198967e2b8f2abb33d343.png

any ideals on why ?

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

i have a issue that my cam isnt working anymore. When i use the Motioneye Docker and use a "Simple MJPEG Camera" i can see the Picture. But when i use "Network Camera" it dont stops loading the picture.  (the Network Cammera Mode is needed to have motion dedection) 

image.png.b96ab985216ad4a5141388489c6992c4.png

i use this link for the Cammera: http://192.168.189.34/videostream.cgi?user=SafetyCam200&pwd=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It worked one year flawless but now i dont see the picture in the cam anymore.

What i tryed to do until now:

Delete the Docker

Removed the Appdata Config Folder

Installed the Dock

image.png.76fdb6cd3d2fb7405be92756e081fc4f.png

Here  comparison between the modes.

Same Problem.

Has somebody an idea?

• 5 weeks later...

hello, I am trying to add a wyze cam to motioneye and cannot get a cam setup. (I'm running motioneye as a docker in unraid.)when im setting the cam up i choose; network camera; the url given via wyze app "rtsp://192.168.1.177/live and when i try to type the username and password i run into this issue. (for testing purposes i am using admin/admin when creating the rtsp feed in the wyze app.) so when i type the url, the camera shows up with the option of rtsp/tcp or udp, but once i type the password or anything at all in the password box the camera disappears??  when entering the username and the camera is still present but as soon as i type anything for password it just disappears. I tried leaving password blank but get  greyed out box for the feed. I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue onlline and a fix.

• 3 months later...

This latest update (yesterday I believe) has broken the container for me. Looking at the logs, there is no activity happening on starting the Docker. When I navigate to the URL, it returns 404.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Here is a screenshot of my config:

image.thumb.png.b315c019c521eedc5f6506d3d7ed5c78.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

Edited by dave
Added screenshot