[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - MotionEye

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, hermsnross said:

Why can't I start motioneye on my unraid device, it is fully installed but I can't start or run the application to configure my cameras.

2020-04-19_LI.jpg

I have the same issue.

CRITICAL:root:failed to read settings from "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

Folder "config" is empty -> motioneye.conf not created.

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.01.01.png

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.03.33.png

Edited by elcapitano
  • 2 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, aartr said:

The Chrome issue for motionEye got fixed in the 0.41rc1 release. I have an up-to date docker that can be used as a drop-in replacement here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aartr/docker-motioneye, just change the Repository field to aartr/docker-motioneye

Hi @aartr,

I switched to your repository for this container but I was wondering if your solution allows to use motion port 7999 to see/start/stop the status of motion detection for every camera. I tried to manually expose port 7999:7999 and ther control in url http://192.168.2.100:7999/1/detection/status but I receive a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

Thank you for any hint!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi @aartr,

I switched to your repository for this container but I was wondering if your solution allows to use motion port 7999 to see/start/stop the status of motion detection for every camera. I tried to manually expose port 7999:7999 and ther control in url http://192.168.2.100:7999/1/detection/status but I receive a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

Thank you for any hint!

My guess would be setting this option https://motion-project.github.io/motion_config.html#webcontrol_localhost to off will fix that.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Installed MotionEye and was able to set up the camera and view RTSP stream.  However, while it seems to be recording, I cannot play the video in the browser or after downloading it.  It states that it is "unsupported media" even after changing various codecs.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Le 26/04/2020 à 15h35, elcapitano a déclaré:

J'ai le même problème.

CRITIQUE: root: impossible de lire les paramètres de "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

Le dossier "config" est vide -> motioneye.conf non créé.

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.01.01.png

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.03.33.png

Bonjour, avez-vous pu résoudre ce problème, il m'arrive la même chose. @elcapitano et @hermsnross.

Ou d'autres utilisateurs peuvent-ils m'aider ??

Merci beaucoup d'avance !

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I've got this mostly working now, it records streams and I can see them live. Even working through a reverse proxy. Thank you @aartr for  your docker image.

However, I can't seem to work out how to get it to take a picture when it detects movement. I've got an `endcommand` setup to run a python script and post lastsnap.jpg to a Discord channel. It works and posts every time there's movement, however it always sends the same photo as it's only taking photos if I press the "Manual Snapshot" button and not when it detects motion. Even if I disable manual snapshot in the settings, it's not taking photos.

Working schedule is disabled as I want it to do it all the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've lost the disk that was saving all of my recordings and now I can't start the docker as I presume it's expecting to see some folders in the new location that now don't exist. What's the best way to fix this? If I take a copy of the appdata config and then do a full reset on the docker and then copy the config files back?

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, triwyn said:

Yes, change the port or network the container is using.

Hi,

please can you give some more details what you did do?

I changed the network-typ to "Host" but still have this error:

CRITICAL:root:failed to read settings from "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

6 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Maybe just try creating a blank motion.conf in that path?

Not a bad idea unfortunatly it seems that the docker wants some content:

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 5:03 PM, jeuser said:

Not a bad idea unfortunatly it seems that the docker wants some content:

What I did to solve the problem

- Terminal, cd to the config folder

nano motioneye.conf

input random text and save, to make nano create the file.

Remove random text and save, to leave an empty file

Start docker. Below is my log output for the docker, first before I did the above, then after:

---Before---

-----After--------
INFO: hello! this is motionEye server 0.42
INFO: main config file /etc/motioneye/motion.conf does not exist, using default values
INFO: cleanup started
INFO: wsswitch started
INFO: tasks started
INFO: mjpg client garbage collector started
INFO: server started

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 1/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, hoejholm said:

nano motioneye.conf

Your post really helped me - thank you. For anyone have same issue in the future though the quoted steps can be shortened to:

- touch motioneye.conf

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 5:03 PM, jeuser said:
On 1/28/2022 at 9:57 PM, hoejholm said:

nano motioneye.conf

Start docker. Below is my log output for the docker, first before I did the above, then after:

---Before---

-----After--------
INFO: main config file /etc/motioneye/motion.conf does not exist, using default values
INFO: cleanup started
INFO: wsswitch started
INFO: tasks started
INFO: mjpg client garbage collector started
INFO: server started

Hi i have the same error but creating the empty config doesn't resolve the problem for me, still getting the error and port change doesn't help either. I don't know what to do anymore.

When i copy my backup config to appdata it runs, but i need to setup new because when i start motioneye for some reason after a few minutes my unraid web-gui isn't reachable just from my PC anymore.  Did anyone had this before ?

The motioneye log says : ERROR: the maximum number of tasks (100) has been reached 

when i end motioneye docker it crashes my webgui connection letting me only connect to the unraid gui via smartphone. When i then reset the nics,it will run for 5-10 mins crashing webgui to my pc again. Anyone have a solution for this ?

Edited by xxsoulxx
  • 2 weeks later...