malvarez00

[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - MotionEye

58 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have got motioneye running as a docker on an unraid server which I recently setup.  The problem Iam having is that after restarting the server and then trying to login to motioneye I get an invalid credentials error.  I know that they username/password are correct.  Do I need to edit a config file or something so that it doesnt cause this error?

Hi Guys I have motioneye setup and have my cameras working on my unraid server.  Iam having a problem where when I shut down the server and try to login to motioneye it says I have invalid credentials.  I noticed on the log that it isnt saving to /etc/motion/ for the config file.  Any help thanks.

I am unable to set time zone in UI even after enabling it in the motioneye.conf file

"# path to the localtime file
# (enable this to configure the system time zone from the UI)
local_time_file /etc/localtime"

Please guide me how to set time or change timezone for this docker

Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, pg93 said:

I am unable to set time zone in UI even after enabling it in the motioneye.conf file

"# path to the localtime file
# (enable this to configure the system time zone from the UI)
local_time_file /etc/localtime"

Please guide me how to set time or change timezone for this docker

@pg93 - did you try syncing the clock using:

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

You can either add it as a custom variable or add it to your template as a read-only path

I can't guarantee it works with this container though, I'm using the official one from ccrisan/motioneye

Edited by sreknob
added info

Posted (edited)

I have been looking at this docker as a working solution for myself as I am looking at installing some IP POE Security Camera.

I have looked around and I can't see any suggests for what type of Camera are best for this docker.

so can anyone suggest any good Outside IP POE Camera with will work

Edit:  would the following be a good ideal.

• UBIQUITI Networks UVC-G3 1080p UniFi Indoor/Outdoor IP Video Camera with Infrared
  • NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE Switch (GS305P)
Edited by chris_netsmart

On 4/7/2019 at 6:46 AM, chris_netsmart said:

I have been looking at this docker as a working solution for myself as I am looking at installing some IP POE Security Camera.

I have looked around and I can't see any suggests for what type of Camera are best for this docker.

so can anyone suggest any good Outside IP POE Camera with will work

You can use pretty much anything with this, that's part of the beauty of it! Best to get something that can stream HTTP or RTSP, best with x264 video probably. I have a couple of EZVIZ Husky 1080p PoE Bullet Cameras I picked up on clearance for cheap and they work well as outdoor cameras.

I also have some motorola wifi baby monitors, a couple of D-link DCS-2530Ls and my OctoPi camera as well.

So no matter what share details I put in, motioneye just rejects it and wont save to the array. 

Im sure its something very obvious, so if someone would please share what their path looks like so I can compare. 

Thanks 

On 5/26/2018 at 11:53 PM, stefer said:

I can't seem to passthrough my camera.

lsusb gives me this

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:075d Microsoft Corp. LifeCam Cinema

I passthrough a device pointing to : /dev/bus/usb/002/003

And the container doesn't recognize the camera.  (no cameras found)

And in /dev there's no device with ttyusb# either...

Having the same problem with "Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08c9 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Ultra Vision"

Did you ever get it to work? My /dev/ does not seem to have any usb for this camera as well, can find it under /dev/bus/usb/ tho, but that's not working to passthrough to the docker.