[SUPPORT] malvarez00 - MotionEye

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, hermsnross said:

Why can't I start motioneye on my unraid device, it is fully installed but I can't start or run the application to configure my cameras.

2020-04-19_LI.jpg

I have the same issue.

CRITICAL:root:failed to read settings from "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

Folder "config" is empty -> motioneye.conf not created.

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.01.01.png

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.03.33.png

Edited by elcapitano
  • 2 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, aartr said:

The Chrome issue for motionEye got fixed in the 0.41rc1 release. I have an up-to date docker that can be used as a drop-in replacement here: https://hub.docker.com/r/aartr/docker-motioneye, just change the Repository field to aartr/docker-motioneye

Hi @aartr,

I switched to your repository for this container but I was wondering if your solution allows to use motion port 7999 to see/start/stop the status of motion detection for every camera. I tried to manually expose port 7999:7999 and ther control in url http://192.168.2.100:7999/1/detection/status but I receive a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

Thank you for any hint!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi @aartr,

I switched to your repository for this container but I was wondering if your solution allows to use motion port 7999 to see/start/stop the status of motion detection for every camera. I tried to manually expose port 7999:7999 and ther control in url http://192.168.2.100:7999/1/detection/status but I receive a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

Thank you for any hint!

My guess would be setting this option https://motion-project.github.io/motion_config.html#webcontrol_localhost to off will fix that.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Installed MotionEye and was able to set up the camera and view RTSP stream.  However, while it seems to be recording, I cannot play the video in the browser or after downloading it.  It states that it is "unsupported media" even after changing various codecs.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Le 26/04/2020 à 15h35, elcapitano a déclaré:

J'ai le même problème.

CRITIQUE: root: impossible de lire les paramètres de "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

Le dossier "config" est vide -> motioneye.conf non créé.

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.01.01.png

Skærmbillede 2020-04-26 16.03.33.png

Bonjour, avez-vous pu résoudre ce problème, il m'arrive la même chose. @elcapitano et @hermsnross.

Ou d'autres utilisateurs peuvent-ils m'aider ??

Merci beaucoup d'avance !

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I've got this mostly working now, it records streams and I can see them live. Even working through a reverse proxy. Thank you @aartr for  your docker image.

However, I can't seem to work out how to get it to take a picture when it detects movement. I've got an `endcommand` setup to run a python script and post lastsnap.jpg to a Discord channel. It works and posts every time there's movement, however it always sends the same photo as it's only taking photos if I press the "Manual Snapshot" button and not when it detects motion. Even if I disable manual snapshot in the settings, it's not taking photos.

Working schedule is disabled as I want it to do it all the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've lost the disk that was saving all of my recordings and now I can't start the docker as I presume it's expecting to see some folders in the new location that now don't exist. What's the best way to fix this? If I take a copy of the appdata config and then do a full reset on the docker and then copy the config files back?

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, triwyn said:

Yes, change the port or network the container is using.

Hi,

please can you give some more details what you did do?

I changed the network-typ to "Host" but still have this error:

CRITICAL:root:failed to read settings from "/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf": [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf'

6 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Maybe just try creating a blank motion.conf in that path?

Not a bad idea unfortunatly it seems that the docker wants some content: