Ability to install GPU Drivers for Hardware Acceleration.

35 minutes ago, aterfax said:

I thought they got put into bzmodules? Saw nvidia modules under the video directory in modules during the kernel build process.

Bzroot doesn't change size when patched for nvidia drivers?

Modules go in the bzmodules, but there are other parts of the driver also, that goes in bzroot. 

5 minutes ago, aterfax said:

Well, my bzroots are the same size nvidia patched and default unraid so I'm not convinced?

92,576 kb?

Might not be part of the driver install, but some other part needed to get it to work then. I didn't play around with it. 

Just have some patients and you will see it when we release it. 

15 minutes ago, saarg said:

Might not be part of the driver install, but some other part needed to get it to work then. I didn't play around with it. 

Just have some patients and you will see it when we release it. 

Ha, no worries I appreciate the work.

Since I sorted mine by with host drivers and loading drivers in the dockers I'm kinda curious about how you guys are sorting it out. Nvidia-docker stuff? Or messing with the docker run options to always install drivers to every container?

4 hours ago, aterfax said:

Ha, no worries I appreciate the work.

Since I sorted mine by with host drivers and loading drivers in the dockers I'm kinda curious about how you guys are sorting it out. Nvidia-docker stuff? Or messing with the docker run options to always install drivers to every container?

You will need to add parameters to the docker run command. We are not installing anything in the containers. 

On 1/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, Altheran said:

@CHBMB

I See there is a commit not long ago, no issues open and no comment on being any issues still, is it Working ? :D

https://github.com/CHBMB/Unraid-NVIDIA-Plugin

Just to make sure, what url should we put in the Plugin field ?

On 1/27/2019 at 5:11 PM, CHBMB said:

Oh yeah, we released it and forgot to tell anyone, and if you hadn't reminded me then I would have completely forgot. 

Can put in whatever URL you want into the plugin field.  It won't get you anywhere......

On 1/28/2019 at 2:11 AM, CHBMB said:

We haven't released anything, so stop installing things that aren't finished.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

@CHBMB

I am super confused right now, Isn't the link I referenced an Unraid pluggin ?

Aren't Unraid pluggin an "input plugin location and apply" sort of install? If now, how do we install?

And your following comments following mine are telling that you released it and forgot to tell then just after, you say it is not. Sooooo, Wich is it ? 😂

Thanks again for all the effort put into this 🙏🙏🙏

[mention=6219]CHBMB[/mention]

Aren't Unraid pluggin an "input plugin location and apply" sort of install? If now, how do we install?

And your following comments following mine are telling that you released it and forgot to tell then just after, you say it is not. Sooooo, Wich is it ?

Thanks again for all the effort put into this
Please stop pinging me, like everything else we release, when we release it, there will be a support post. You installed a plugin from a GitHub repo, doesn't mean it's finished.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Altheran said:

@CHBMB

And your following comments following mine are telling that you released it and forgot to tell then just after, you say it is not. Sooooo, Wich is it ? 😂

Thanks again for all the effort put into this 🙏🙏🙏

Your sarcasm detector is clearly malfunctioning.

NOTHING is released.  This is still a work in progress.  If you read a few of the comments above yours, you will see that things are still in the process of being sorted out.  It may be a plugin, it may be a docker.  Who knows right now?  There is nothing to test.

Believe me, with all the interest there is in this solution, you will know when it is released and nobody will "forget" to inform the community.

image.png.1569d5f53f0bb4af7b4fd489da7c774b.png

On 2/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, CHBMB said:

Please stop pinging me, like everything else we release, when we release it, there will be a support post. You installed a plugin from a GitHub repo, doesn't mean it's finished.

Welp, didn't get the sarcasm .. Why do people on the internets think sacasm is easily understood when no emotions are conveyed over text -_-' ( <- unless emojis ...)

Didn't install anything, just asked how to. But if not ready, I will wait :)

thanks this answers my question quite a bit and also looks like others are getting the same results with this card with some people claiming 10-15 streams not even getting the GPU to 50% usage! although i was hoping to grab a cheaper card as i certainly dont need 10-15 steams let alone possibly the card handling more. 6 streams is perfect so ideally would like to find a lesser card capable of doing just what i need.