M1015 Won't POST in Asus MB

I have 2x M1115 cards which work just like M1015 (used same flashing instructions/files).

When I install in new server it won't POST.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero

I5-6500

4x4GB RAM

500GB SSD (SSung EVO)

2x 6TB Toshiba

1x 4TB WD Red

RX460 passthrough to win10VM

Unraid 6.3.5

Plex Docker, community apps are the only 2 other things running

Computer has been rock-solid, other than this issue & some VM oddities.

-MB LED Q-Code stops at 16 - 'Pre-memory system agent is started'

-If I clear CMOS, it stops at 55 - 'memory not installed' after stopping for ~45sec at B1 - Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP End

-If I re-enable VT-x & VT-d (must haves) after clear CMOS, it goes back to stopping at 16

-Both cards boot/function normally in the Asrock 970extrem4 MB that the 1 came out of.

-I JUST flashed the 2nd card into IT mode (I've had it for 3 years & not used it)   It didn't post before or after flashing P20 firmware.

-The used card had P15 firmware and I suspected it had the boot ROM, so I flashed it to P20 w/o boot rom.  after doing so, I suspect that I didn't have the boot ROM anyway.

-I've flashed the newest MB firmware (3504 / 6/29/2017)

-I've tried the card in all slots X16/x8/x4 - won't be re-trying the x16 after installing the RX460, but I don't think that's the issue.

-I've changed all the PCIe options I can find to use Gen2 speeds (rather than Gen3)

For now,  I have plenty of SATA ports on the MB - I want to pass the M1115 through to win10 & have DVD/BluRay drives for ripping.

Any ideas?  I haven't found any BIOS options that look like they'd deal with the pre-memory issues.

Edited by snidera

YGBSM.  I tried everything I could think of to get the damn thing to work before posting here so I wouldn't feel dumb when someone pointed out the answer.

And you suggest, correctly, that I need to use electrical tape.

I guess duct tape (or electrical tape) and zip ties make the world go 'round.  At least I work for an automotive wire harness company - toughest choice was what color tape to grab out of the ~10k rolls in my junk room.  I chose gray fire-resistant - it sticks to damn near anything.

Many thanks.  after 2 months of fighting me, this thing is finally falling into line.