What options for using the unRaid as a media server? Ie, connecting to TV?

guiri

Shiit, if that's the only problem, get someone here to send one to you. I'd offer to send you one but then, you'd have to trust me to get it but with paypal, this is easy as hell.

I've done this the other way too. Asked others to help me out in other countries and other locations. So far I haven't gotten screwed but then, there's always a chance.

At the same time, I helped out a guy I didn't know once. He was in india and wanted some plug ins for his Archos (the one that I linked to above) and they wouldn't sell to him

because he didn't have a US credit card or something. Well, he sent me the money through paypal, I got his stuff and e mailed it to him.

That's the good part of the internet. The bad of course is that you can get ripped off and people tend to be very $hitty when they think they're anonymous.

Some of the forums I hang out in are particularly bad about people being rude and so on.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be others here that maybe you've spoken to that wouldn't mind helping.

Shipping will probably cost you around $30 though and then there's the whole issue about insurance vs. customs that if someone wants to, I can explain into detail.

As a foreigner, I've always dealt with shipping to and from different countries.

George

Does anyone use the WDTV Live working with a wifi adapter of some sort and if so which model wifi adapter and your experiences with it?

ie, I have an unRAID server upstairs connected to my network, but no Cat5 running anywhere near my living room which is where the TV is.

Shiit, if that's the only problem, get someone here to send one to you. I'd offer to send you one but then, you'd have to trust me to get it but with paypal, this is easy as hell.

I've done this the other way too. Asked others to help me out in other countries and other locations. So far I haven't gotten screwed but then, there's always a chance.

At the same time, I helped out a guy I didn't know once. He was in india and wanted some plug ins for his Archos (the one that I linked to above) and they wouldn't sell to him

because he didn't have a US credit card or something. Well, he sent me the money through paypal, I got his stuff and e mailed it to him.

That's the good part of the internet. The bad of course is that you can get ripped off and people tend to be very $hitty when they think they're anonymous.

Some of the forums I hang out in are particularly bad about people being rude and so on.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be others here that maybe you've spoken to that wouldn't mind helping.

Shipping will probably cost you around $30 though and then there's the whole issue about insurance vs. customs that if someone wants to, I can explain into detail.

As a foreigner, I've always dealt with shipping to and from different countries.

George

Guin,

yes I understand and know what you mean.

While I actually was considering your offer, it sparked me with the knowledge

that a far-away relative is currently over in the US, working there on a

green-card....I am getting senile  :o ...

abeta, why not just get a long network cable? Hell, drill a hole in the floor in run it through the floor. Wont' take much of a hole and you won't have to rely on signals.

By the way, I just got the live and it's slick as dog snot. I ran the software and the damn thing found my puter right up. SWEET as hell. No more moving drives back and fourth.

A buddy of mine is getting the WD TV and I'm keepin' this  :)

Well, then I KINDA did my job then Ford   :)

yes, I owe you this, guiri...another problem solved by the helpdesk from hell, I'd say.  ;D

On the other hand...well, I have to admit that there might be some good

reasons why my brain archived that information somewhere in the dungeons.

I am not going into detail, but...well, one knows that one has some "mixed emotions"

when your mother-in-law, while taking a ride on your Harley, gets involved in a nasty

train accident  ::)

Hell, I probably don't even want to know this story but like I said, there are good things and bad things on the web. The trick is to try to find as many good and as few bad as possible  :)

Good luck and if you need help, ask me or someone else  :)

George

Question about the WD Live unit guys.

It sees my files fine but last night when I tried to PLAY a movie, I couldn't get it to start playing. All I could get was a green dot in front of the movie but it would NOT start playing...it sees all the files fine but won't play anything...?

I had to put the movie on an external HD and play it that way...

Thanks

George

Hell, I probably don't even want to know this story but like I said, there are good things and bad things on the web. The trick is to try to find as many good and as few bad as possible   :)

Good luck and if you need help, ask me or someone else   :)

George

Thanks George!

...they now ship internationally and the price has been reduced a good deal as

well (from around CAD120 to roughly a 100)...I am going to order NOW  ;D

Archived