[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

49 minutes ago, Encarnacao said:

reboot unraid and then try again, i had same problem in other day and after reboot it worked

Urgh, i dont think i can stomach that at this time of the weekend. 😛 Did a tar unzip for now, will reboot later in the week if that's indeed the fix/workaround.

On some nights i do have a problem that after the backup it does not start all docker containers, it always does miss the nginxproxymanager but this happens only around 10-20% of all backups and not all the time.

Does the Plugin write a log file somewhere ? 

14 minutes ago, Lorien31 said:

...it always does miss the nginxproxymanager...

It is likely trying NPM, but it is failing to start as one of the other dockers it wants is not yet running.  I used to have a docker (Jitsi I think), and NPM would not start unless Jitsi was running.  I forget which configurations make the starting of NPM depend on something else, but I'd check there.

I'm guessing in your case the docker it wants running sometimes starts in time, sometimes doesn't.  When you go back and start NPM manually, it will always work, as all other dockers are running by that point.  Check the logs of NPM.  If that doesn't show you anything, turn off a docker in turn and restart NPM.

I haven't played around with docker start orders in Unraid, but it might be possible to start NPM last (I'm not sure whether this plugin observes Unraid's start orders, or whether there are other options that would fix this).

It might not be this, but I had the same behavior a while ago.

Another random question - is there rhyme or reason why backups from a specific tar file are not necessarily up-to-date?
For example, I added some content to BitWarden a 4 days ago.

Yesterday, i had to do a restore of appdata to fix an issue from 1 day ago , so I picked a backup from 2 days ago.

The data from 4 days ago was NOT in the restored BitWarden data.

Is there some sort of 'modified time' variable it uses to backup perhaps?

I happened to go looking for something in the AppData Backup and found much of my appdata missing. After some research and reading of some messages, it appears the plugin only backs up files for appdata on the cache?

Is the assumption if it isn't on the cache is is already protected because it is on the array?

Is there a way to force a true full backup of appdata if you don't force appdata to live in the cache?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

it appears the plugin only backs up files for appdata on the cache?

What source did you set on the plugin? If it's /mnt/cache/appdata/ then only what's on cache will be taken, to have everything (what you most likely want) it has to be /mnt/user/appdata/

Probably applies to both above posts.

Edited by Kilrah
8 minutes ago, thedinz said:

Sorry for the dumb question but how can i set it up so it saves more then one version of the backup? Right now it only makes 1 copy and if that copy also contains whatever issues im facing then it is useless.

I would guess entering a value in the "Delete backups if they are this many days old" field that's more than your frequency.  So, if you run weekly, then entering - say - 8 would keep two backups.  15 should keep 3.

Haven't tried it though, but I'm guessing that's what would happen.

3 hours ago, Cessquill said:

I would guess entering a value in the "Delete backups if they are this many days old" field that's more than your frequency.  So, if you run weekly, then entering - say - 8 would keep two backups.  15 should keep 3.

Haven't tried it though, but I'm guessing that's what would happen.

Make sense i shall implement it and see what happens.

17 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What source did you set on the plugin? If it's /mnt/cache/appdata/ then only what's on cache will be taken, to have everything (what you most likely want) it has to be /mnt/user/appdata/

Unfortunately not the case for me.  

I never use the /cache paths, always the /mnt/XYZ path, as I dont want to have to reconfigure things should I change the primary location.

1 hour ago, boomam said:

Is there a github page anywhere with this plugin on?

I'd like to have a look at the exact commands its using to see if i can diagnose whats going on.

If you already have it installed you can look at the php files itself.

23 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Hmmm...well, set to cache. Totally missed that. I'll set it to user and see what happens. 

THANKS!!!

I've recently started using VMs more in UnRAID, and I would like to keep one of the VMs up all the time for the most part. I have the autobackup running every night to backup my appdata. I removed the path to backup the libvirt file, but it looks like it still shuts down the VM anyway (even though it's not doing anything with any of that) for the two hours it takes to back up everything. Is there a way to keep it from shutting down the VMs?

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Appdata backup doesn't stop the VMs even if you have libvirt backup enabled, but the companion VM Backup would, check you didn't install/configure that...

I had honestly forgot I even set that up. I have that running as well, but had it skipping that particular vdisk. I guess I need to tweak the backup all VMs part to exclude the VM I want to stay up. I'll give that a go. Thanks.

When it does its backup it seems to set the owner to root with no read perms for group or world

So when cloudberry backup comes along to backup the file it can't and throws and error until i manually update the owner to nobody and perms on the backup file.  Is there any way to tell it what user/perms to set it?  Didn't seem to start happening until i went from 6.9 to 6.10

Thanks!

Edited by hikewv
On 7/21/2022 at 10:39 PM, BRiT said:

If you already have it installed you can look at the php files itself.

I must be looking in the wrong place, as cat'ing the files associated with the plugin in /boot shows zero commands.

Where do you see the raw commands being ran?

36 minutes ago, boomam said:

I must be looking in the wrong place, as cat'ing the files associated with the plugin in /boot shows zero commands.

Where do you see the raw commands being ran?

That's not the installed to directory.

Look under /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ hierarchy, that will have plugins installed.

Edited by BRiT
Exact directory of plugins installed into
  • Upvote 1
  • Squid locked this topic