[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but you can move your plex meta data to another spot.  I created a separate share folder and named it Plex  then I set it to cache only.  then I pointed the /config ==> /mnt/user/Plex/  works perfectly.

Edited by Altek86
5 hours ago, Altek86 said:

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but you can move your plex meta data to another spot.  I created a separate share folder and named it Plex  then I set it to cache only.  then I pointed the /config ==> /mnt/user/Plex/  works perfectly.

But then it's not backed up.

4 hours ago, DZMM said:

I've moved some of my dockers to my UD as my cache drive was getting a bit busy - is it possible to specify two appdata sources to be backed up? e.g. /mnt/cache/appdata/ and /mnt/disks/sm961

Thanks in advance

No.  Possibility for the future though.

• Like 1

I need a little help with the plugin settings. What folders/share to put where?

This is my current folder struct:

/mnt/cache/system/appdata/
/mnt/cache/system/appdata/letsencrypt/
/mnt/cache/system/appdata/mariadb/
/mnt/cache/system/appdata/nextcloud/
/mnt/cache/system/domains/
/mnt/cache/system/ISOs/
/mnt/cache/system/docker.img
/mnt/cache/system/libvirt.img

These are the possible folder-/share-entryfields:

Appdata Share (Source):  /mnt/cache/system/appdata/
Destination Share:       /mnt/user/Data/unRAID/Tower/appdata_backup/
USB Backup Destination:  /mnt/user/Data/unRAID/Tower/boot_backup/
libvirt.img Destination: /mnt/user/Data/unRAID/Tower/domains_backup/

I found my folder struct in some of the unRAID video tutorials. But I don't know how the CA Backup/Restore plugin will find the desired folders/files. There's an entryfield for libvirt.img but none for the docker.img. There's an entryfield for the appdata (docker) folder but none for the domains (VM) folder.

Are these entryfields missing? Or, how to backup my folder struct with CA Backup/Restore?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hawihoney
51 minutes ago, David Bott said:

Hi...Was wondering if it is known that even though you say not to compress, it still puts it into a tar file?

Tar != compression

tar just means it's all concatenated together into 1 big file with all the metadata required to put them back as they were.

compression is another step.

Thanks. Like I said, it used to not do this thus the confusion for it makes no sense to me if you have an issue with one thing to have to restore it all. It seems to be all or nothing now vs how it was. (Before I moved to current version of UnRAID and this needed a new version of this.)  Wonder why it is now down like this vs being an option which I thought it had. (thus my post.)

14 minutes ago, David Bott said:

It seems to be all or nothing now vs how it was.

It's definitely not all or nothing for most people. Windows and linux both can view the contents and selectively extract individual files from the tar file without extracting everything using free programs. I am unfamiliar with all the options available for Mac, the only Mac stuff I found with a quick search were not free, but not expensive either.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:58 AM, David Bott said:

Thanks again. I will need to see what will happen if and when the time comes. It is good to have the backup, I was just surprised to see it like it was as it was not expected at all.

Appdata Backup v1 is still available with the old behaviour.

I didnt said i want to backup my flash drive to a flash drive.

I want to backup dockers, plugins and flash to array.

Thanks for the tip, i changed it

to

/mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Flashdrive/

/mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Appdata/

/mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/LibVirt/

Now its working, thanks.

Edited by nuhll
  • 2 weeks later...

I've searched for this issue here on the forums as well as hittin' the ole Google pipe, and found nothing relevant, so here goes:

When trying to back up my appdata to an NFS share (from my Synology DS1515+) I get the below errors.

I have made sure to turn off Docker, as these are obviously docker container errors... might it be a permissions issue?

2018/05/21 01:12:54 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/Guacamole/guacamole/guacamole" -> "/config/guacamole" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:15:30 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/letsencrypt/etc/letsencrypt/live/superpsych0.duckdns.org/cert.pem" -> "../../archive/superpsych0.duckdns.org/cert1.pem" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:15:30 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/letsencrypt/etc/letsencrypt/live/superpsych0.duckdns.org/chain.pem" -> "../../archive/superpsych0.duckdns.org/chain1.pem" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:15:30 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/letsencrypt/etc/letsencrypt/live/superpsych0.duckdns.org/fullchain.pem" -> "../../archive/superpsych0.duckdns.org/fullchain1.pem" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:15:30 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/letsencrypt/etc/letsencrypt/live/superpsych0.duckdns.org/privkey.pem" -> "../../archive/superpsych0.duckdns.org/privkey1.pem" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:15:30 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/letsencrypt/keys/letsencrypt" -> "../etc/letsencrypt/live/superpsych0.duckdns.org" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:18:04 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/openvpn-as/lib/libcrypto.so" -> "libcrypto.so.1.0.0" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:18:04 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/openvpn-as/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2" -> "liblber-2.4.so.2.10.7" failed: Operation not supported (95)
2018/05/21 01:18:04 [30601] rsync: symlink "/mnt/disks/GANYMEDE_UnRAIDBackup/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/openvpn-as/lib/liblber.so" -> "liblber-2.4.so.2.10.7" failed: Operation not supported (95)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just upggraded from previous version and it works perfect. Thx for the job!

I still need to add a script to run it and copy my vm´s images from:  /mnt/user/domains ..

... to my backup destination: /mnt/user/backup/vm

Can anyone help me with this? Thx in advance.

Rgds.

Edit: is the content of the .rar file editable? I mean if I only want to revert a vm xml and not the rest .. is it posible?

Edited by luca2
ad another question
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just have a couple of questions regarding using this app to backup my Plex folder.

1, There is an insane amount of data in the Plex appdata folder (thumbnails, posters etc) do people use compression and verify due to this?

2, I would like to backup every 2 days due to watched status, every day is probably too much due to question 1 but when I select custom range all the pull down selectors dont work? (Day time etc)

Many Thanks in Advance!

2 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I just have a couple of questions regarding using this app to backup my Plex folder.

1, There is an insane amount of data in the Plex appdata folder (thumbnails, posters etc) do people use compression and verify due to this?

2, I would like to backup every 2 days due to watched status, every day is probably too much due to question 1 but when I select custom range all the pull down selectors dont work? (Day time etc)

Many Thanks in Advance!

Why not set up trakt to keep up with the watched status? 

• Squid locked this topic