[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

The plugin stopped to backup: It's running, but no backup data is created.

The backup is scheduled for Sunday morning, and the last backup folder is of August 19th

I had (and still having) severe problems with my array, but I don't understand how these two problems are linked.

Attached a syslog of a backup that I initiated manually today while the array was up and running OK.

CABackup.20180831.txt

Edited by Gico

Apparently there was some kind of a problems with the destination folder of the backup. I couldn't update/write to that user share myself.

i'm not sure if it was an FS problem (xfs_repair was clean), or a permission problem (why would it be out of the blue?).

The destination share had a copy of Plex data (22GB, 570K folders, 470K files),

so I suspect it caused this error and some others.

newperms either halted or I didn't have enough patience to wait for it to end.

so I recreated the share, moved away the Plex folder, and everything is ok now.

• 2 weeks later...

How can I migrate my settings from v1 to v2?

When I look at v1, all I get is the Miscellaneous section, and all I can do is three different kinds of delete. That can't be right. I don't see any settings beyond that, so not only can't I see a way to migrate, I also can't take a screenshot of my existing settings so I can recreate them.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

How important is it that containers be stopped in order to perform a backup? I have misc issues with containers either not coming back up after being shut down or files getting corrupted (Tautulli) upon shutdown/startup. So if possible, I'd like to not stop containers if I don't have to. 

Will certain files get skipped if they're in use or something? 

• 2 weeks later...

The share selection dropdown menus are unreadable when display setting is set to Black theme.

I had to switch to a different theme in order to configure my backup.

Edit before posting: The same issue is present with Unassigned Devices Plugin's "Add ISO File Share" popup. Probably a general theme related bug?

Edited by UNOPARATOR
wrong plugin name

The plugin seems to ignore the defined docker startup sequence and waiting times of unRaid 6.6's new docker administration utility. Instead it starts the containers in alphabetical order and therefore starts some of my containers before the databases witch they depend on. 

Edited by Diggewuff
2 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

The plugin seems to ignore the defined docker startup sequence and waiting times of unRaid 6.6's new docker administration utility. Instead it starts the containers in alphabetical order and therefore starts some of my containers before the databases witch they depend on. 

k  I'll add to a todo list

Hi could I get some help with restoring a backup on another machine.

I restored the appdata back up which was around 26gb rebooted server, but when I go to docker all the templates are empty. The appdata was not originally on cache drive but now are so do I need manually change something for docker to know where to look for the appdata?

/mnt/user/appdata/ (CACHE ONLY)

1815134174_Screenshot2018-10-2713_40_17.thumb.png.71e3e07e2f88cfc185069b6a7489a179.png

Edited by bally12345
8 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Hi could I get some help with restoring a backup on another machine.

I restored the appdata back up which was around 26gb rebooted server, but when I go to docker all the templates are empty. The appdata was not originally on cache drive but now are so do I need manually change something for docker to know where to look for the appdata?

/mnt/user/appdata/ (CACHE ONLY)

The templates are on the flash drive. How did you lose them?

If you want to keep your configuration when you create a new flash, you should copy the whole /config folder from the old flash. It has your disk assignments, share settings, docker templates, plugins, ...

And be sure to backup your flash when you make any changes to your configuration, especially when you do anything to change disk assignments. You can always download a zipped copy of flash from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you want to keep your configuration when you create a new flash, you should copy the whole /config folder from the old flash. It has your disk assignments, share settings, docker templates, plugins, ...

And be sure to backup your flash when you make any changes to your configuration, especially when you do anything to change disk assignments. You can always download a zipped copy of flash from Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup.

The Issue I had, I had 1 machine with my disk shares and all the data, 2nd machine purely to run docker so there would be 2 configs and 2 sets of plugin folders etc

Everything is working just need to copy of the templates. Would I need to copy the plugins and docker.cfg?

Edited by bally12345
3 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Noticed that this plugin's text/font is set differently than anywhere else in the unraiod webui:

lol  k.  Low priority for me ( it took me ~2 hours prior to the release of 6.6 to find where CA caused the same thing on the footer - wasn't the most enjoyable experience of my life ;) )

• Squid locked this topic