[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

4 hours ago, bonienl said:

Do not set pi-hole as your DNS server for Unraid. It isn't needed and may cause 'catch-22' situations.

sorry, my unraid server does not have pi.hole as it's dns, but the rest of the network does when it's backing up for 30-60 minutes

11 hours ago, Squid said:

Advanced settings

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

thank you :)

Feature question - I'm looking to run a script while CA Backup & Restore has my VMs stopped - I'd like to run a Plex database maintenance script that must run when Plex is stopped, so ideally my nightly CA Backup would be the best option.

I know based on the comment by @Squid (see below) that the custom scripts in CA Backup/Restore run prior to the containers stopping, and after the containers start - nothing that can run while the containers are stopped. Is that the case? Any way I can do what I'm looking for? 

I suppose I could do a custom stop script (prior to containers stopping) that has "docker stop plex" at the start of the script, then backup/restore will start the Plex container after the backup is complete? Will that work?

4 hours ago, ryanborstelmann said:

I suppose I could do a custom stop script (prior to containers stopping) that has "docker stop plex" at the start of the script, then backup/restore will start the Plex container after the backup is complete? Will that work?

Should work no problems.  I get the list of running containers before executing the custom stop script.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, Diggewuff said:

The plugin seems to ignore the defined docker startup sequence and waiting times of unRaid 6.6's new docker administration utility. Instead it starts the containers in alphabetical order and therefore starts some of my containers before the databases witch they depend on. 

Today's update when running on 6.6+ will use the order and delay times from the docker page when restarting containers.  Any app that is not set to autostart but is running at the time of backup will be restarted after all of the autostart containers are restarted

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, scubieman said:

Can you restore only 1 docker with this app?

What do you mean? Are you just trying to restore only the appdata for a specific docker? Or are you just trying to get a Previous docker app reinstalled with the same settings it had before. Reinstalling a Previous App is on the Apps page (Community Applications).

1 minute ago, trurl said:

What do you mean? Are you just trying to restore only the appdata for a specific docker? Or are you just trying to get a Previous docker app reinstalled with the same settings it had before. Reinstalling a Previous App is on the Apps page (Community Applications).

I am trying to restore only the appdata for a specific docker. I see its a all or nothing

SERVICE="enable"
IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"
IMAGE_SIZE="1"
DEBUG="no"
DOMAINDIR="/mnt/user/domains/"
MEDIADIR="/mnt/user/vm/win7/"
VIRTIOISO="/mnt/user/vm/virtio-win-0.1.102.iso"
BRNAME="br0"
VMSTORAGEMODE="auto"
DISKDIR="/mnt/"

I tried backing up 2x and each time had a different size backup by 2gb.  4gb vs 1.75gb.    This was on a 32gb drive. 

I switched over to a 128gb thinking maybe it was running out of space and just saying backup completed.  This does not seem to be the case judging by the space used for the backup.  However, I see now that after I switched to the 128gb usb drive all 3 backup folders are populating.  I am going to call that a win and leave it at that.  Thank you for the help.  

Edited by warham

Starting last week I noticed that when CA Appdata Backup/Restore takes down my docker containers for backup, they're not being automatically restarted. The Backup/Restore status claims that it's trying to start the containers but I don't see that in the container logs.

Are there log files that I should be looking at to help diagnose this?

Pretty sure if you go into the settings of this you can turn it on. I think off by default. Also you could do a manual run to test.

Starting last week I noticed that when CA Appdata Backup/Restore takes down my docker containers for backup, they're not being automatically restarted. The Backup/Restore status claims that it's trying to start the containers but I don't see that in the container logs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, aragorn18 said:

The syslog is sufficient.  Also, what is your unRaid version, and are the containers actually running but the Docker Tab says that they aren't?

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

The syslog is sufficient.  Also, what is your unRaid version, and are the containers actually running but the Docker Tab says that they aren't?

Unraid 6.6.5. I have confirmed that the docker containers are definitely not running. They do start up when I manually start them though.

Here are all of the CA Backup/Restore messages from my syslog from last night:

Line 2960: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: #######################################
    Line 2961: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Community Applications appData Backup
    Line 2962: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Applications will be unavailable during
    Line 2963: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: this process.  They will automatically
    Line 2964: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: be restarted upon completion.
    Line 2965: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: #######################################
    Line 2966: Dec  2 05:00:01 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping binhex-nzbhydra2
    Line 2975: Dec  2 05:00:05 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 binhex-nzbhydra2
    Line 2976: Dec  2 05:00:05 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping binhex-plexpass
    Line 2977: Dec  2 05:00:06 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 binhex-plexpass
    Line 2978: Dec  2 05:00:06 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping binhex-radarr
    Line 2987: Dec  2 05:00:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 binhex-radarr
    Line 2988: Dec  2 05:00:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping binhex-sabnzbd
    Line 2997: Dec  2 05:00:11 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 binhex-sabnzbd
    Line 2998: Dec  2 05:00:11 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping binhex-sonarr
    Line 3007: Dec  2 05:00:14 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 binhex-sonarr
    Line 3008: Dec  2 05:00:14 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping Netdata
    Line 3009: Dec  2 05:00:17 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 Netdata
    Line 3010: Dec  2 05:00:17 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping ombi
    Line 3019: Dec  2 05:00:24 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 ombi
    Line 3020: Dec  2 05:00:24 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping organizr
    Line 3029: Dec  2 05:00:31 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 organizr
    Line 3030: Dec  2 05:00:31 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Stopping tautulli
    Line 3039: Dec  2 05:00:38 Tower CA Backup/Restore: docker stop -t 120 tautulli
    Line 3040: Dec  2 05:00:38 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Backing Up appData from /mnt/user/appdata/ to /mnt/user/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/[email protected]
    Line 3041: Dec  2 05:00:48 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Using command: cd '/mnt/user/appdata/' && /usr/bin/tar -cvaf '/mnt/user/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/[email protected]/CA_backup.tar.gz' --exclude 'docker.img'  * >> /var/lib/docker/unraid/ca.backup2.datastore/appdata_backup.log 2>&1 & echo $! > /tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/backupInProgress
    Line 3142: Dec  2 05:51:35 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Backup Complete
    Line 3143: Dec  2 05:51:35 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Verifying backup
    Line 3144: Dec  2 05:51:35 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Using command: cd '/mnt/user/appdata/' && /usr/bin/tar --diff -C '/mnt/user/appdata/' -af '/mnt/user/CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/[email protected]/CA_backup.tar.gz' > /var/lib/docker/unraid/ca.backup2.datastore/appdata_backup.log & echo $! > /tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/verifyInProgress
    Line 3150: Dec  2 06:07:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: #######################
    Line 3151: Dec  2 06:07:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: appData Backup complete
    Line 3152: Dec  2 06:07:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: #######################
    Line 3153: Dec  2 06:07:09 Tower CA Backup/Restore: Backup / Restore Completed

Edited by aragorn18
  • Squid locked this topic