[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

The only fundamental reason that I can think of is if the appdata for the original sonarr existed on both the cache drive and array, but the source was specified as /mnt/cache/...

I've done restores many times with my containers, and have never had an issue.

Hi Guy's 

Can someone have a look at the screen dump iv added!? CA Backup Share Size 3.43 TB and the other share's Do they need to be that size? can they be made smaller. Do they need to be that size? Have had UnRaid for some time but my mate set it up for me a few years back! iv Since Upgraded to a Dell R720 XD with 2 x CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz, 64GB DDR3 1.3v 1333Mhz, and 2 x 8TB parity with 6 x 4TB data. I got it for next to Nothing :) 

Anyways iv set everything else up and am just unsure if the Share's / CA Backup should be that size and or if it can be changed.

PS i do weekly CA Backup i then Zip them and upload them to G-Drive after 4 weeks i delete the previous 4 backups 

TIA 

L33

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 17.23.08.png

31 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

CA Backup Share Size 3.43 TB and the other share's Do they need to be that size? can they be made smaller.

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

That's the free space.  Not the total taken by the backup.

Share free space is just adding up all the free space on all the drives the share is allowed to use. If you want to actually see how much space a share is using (and on which disks), click Compute... for the share (or Compute All button). It will take a little while to give results.

On 5/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, Squid said:

The only fundamental reason that I can think of is if the appdata for the original sonarr existed on both the cache drive and array, but the source was specified as /mnt/cache/...

I've done restores many times with my containers, and have never had an issue.

Right on the money Squid! Sucks that I had to reconfigure, but the appdata folder was actually pointing to the cache drive, while the backup docker was pointed to the mnt/usr. Even though the appdata folder is set to use "cache only." I must have missed this in my original configs. Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I hope this was a typo since that path is wrong no matter what else. /mnt/user is the user shares.

you guys are good. yes I meant /mnt/user, couldn't remember if it was abbreviated or not in unraid. Thanks again guys, love this place and I would not have been able set unraid up and troubleshoot without you guys here. Really appreciate it :)

when backing up the flash drive content, the file config/super.dat is renamed to config/super.dat_CA_BACKUP.

When you rebuild a flash drive from scratch and copy the config folder over to the flash drive it is easy to forget to rename super.dat_CA_BACKUP back to super.dat. If you forget that the server will not assign the drives and report the config as "stale".

This is highly confusing and should at least be documented in the UI.

It would be better if the file gets automatically renamed back by the pulgin after copying it to the backup location!

46 minutes ago, jus7incase said:

It would be better if the file gets automatically renamed back by the pulgin after copying it to the backup location!

There are circumstances (in particular the parity swap procedure) where if that happened, but the backup happened before the procedure then after restoring you are guaranteed to lose data.  So, it's not going to happen.  Personally, whenever I've done this I just print out the DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt and simply reassign the drives accordingly

Just curious,

I run my backup on daily basis at 4am.

When i set Update Applications On Restart? to Yes.
should i change anything in the settings for CA Auto Update Applications ?
otherwise it would get updated twice ?

You could do it from the command line I don't remember the exact command, but google should know. :) You could also extract it using winrar or something, but then you might screw up some permissions and/or symlinks so to be on the safe side I would do it from the command line.

Hello, 

I'm getting the System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed error on my Sonarr and Radarr dockers, and one of the things I read on how to fix it, is to run a backup that you have before the error started happening.

I backup my system weekly on every Monday night.

I need a backup from the 5/27/19 time.  The only one showing is the last one done on 6/10/19.  Is there a way to access an older backup? or does it save over itself?

If it does, does anyone have any other ideas on fixing my Sonarr/Radar short of redoing it all? 

Thanks!

Maybe someone can help me out here.

I see there is an option to Update Applications On Restart. Does this mean that I can set "Update Check Frequency: Disabled" in 

Auto Update Applications and let CA Backup/Restore manage all the updates?

I also want the backup to run on every weekdays and not weekends. How do I make a Custom Cron Entry to achieve this?

Is there a way to restore a backup of only one docker?  It seems my Deluge restore got corrupted at some point.  Deluge would not recognize my password, it was reset to default password, as well as some plugins were not working.   So i wanted to only restore that one hoping to get it back to how it was.  I know on a previous restore it was intact. 

I'm also trying to restore my Deluge docker (binhex-delugevpn) , fortunately I have deluge in a different location to the rest of my docker apps so I have a restore file that contains just Deluge. Could someone tell me the steps? What does "Recreate your docker.img file if necessary (ideally, this should be performed regardless)" mean?

3 hours ago, loz678 said:

What does "Recreate your docker.img file if necessary (ideally, this should be performed regardless)" mean?

Settings - Docker. Delete and recreate docker image. Use the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page and it will download and reinstall your containers using the same settings they were using before.

• Squid locked this topic