[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

On 10/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, John SMO001 said:

Hi I have running on two servers, I backup to folders on local servers, then use other software on a windows machine to auto make another copy of the backup to the other server. After running the backup, access to the folder that contains the flash drive backup gets locked and I cannot open it with windows or Krusader from a remote machine but can with the local machine. This happens on both server flash backup folders, the libvert backup folders are still accessible. I work around this by running new permissions after every backup. I have been using CA Appdata Backup/Restore for some time with no problems. I am running Unraid Version 6.8.0-rc4 on both machines, this seems to have started around the same time as the upgrade but not 100% sure.

Just updated to version 2019.10.27 all working OK now thank you

20 minutes ago, Squid said:

But when did the update get installed.   The screen shot suggests that when that backup was made it was still on the older version.

Run one manually and see if it's any different (or wait until tomorrow)

It appears that was the gold. I never ran after upgrade. But that i did it works perfect. Thank you.

A feature request:

Could it be possible to enable an option to backup one docker at a time?  This would be to minimize the amount of downtime for smaller dockers, when a larger docker exists in the set?

To further expand on this, would it also be a nice feature to be able to schedule individual dockers to be backed up on individual (or grouped) scheduled?  So that less dynamic data dockers could be backed up once weekly, while other more dynamic could be daily?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Feature request: Can there be a don't remind me again box when opening this plugin? I've been debugging something and I have to restore my appdata a whole bunch of times since it's faster than writing copies, and I'm very familiar that "When a Backup is running (either manually or a scheduled backup), your docker applications will be stopped and then restarted at the conclusion of the backup" ;) .

Appreciate thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, bgeorge104 said:

Where's the new thread? How do I correct my mess?

If you click on your own user icon on the post you just made it should take you to your post history and you can find it that way. Lots of other ways to find your own posts, such as clicking on Activity Streams and making the appropriate selection.

And here I give a link to the new thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86463-bgeorge104-redo-cache-drive

Better hurry and take it before I split these off too.

• Squid locked this topic