[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2

Squid

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

How's it supposed to know what to stop?  If there's no locked file at the start of the backup, no guarantee that there's not going to be a locked file a millisecond later.

Think there has been some mis interpritation here. What I was asking is for a setting to do the following

1. Start backup
  2. Get first appdata folder and find docker container with volumes for it
  3. Stop found container
  4. Do backup of that folder
  5. Start container
  6. Goto step 2 until reached last folder

Hope that makes sense

I recently lost my cache drive due to failure and have no way of replacing it right now. I restored my app data without replacing my cache drive and some dockers are not being restored properly (Plex, Sonarr, Radarr). Is there a way to remedy this or do I need to install a cache drive to properly restore my docker containers?

You shouldn't have a problem.  The key though is if you were previously referencing /mnt/cache/appdata/... then you'd need to adjust the templates to instead reference /mnt/diskX/appdata and confine the share to a single disk (use unBalance to rectify)

• Like 1
On 6/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

Cloud based backup provided by LimeTech, instead of local backup like this plugin provides.

where is it?

Pretty sure I'd be more comfortable backing my USB Drive locally than sending my data elsewhere.

Is there any way to check how much space each docker is taking up in the completed backup?

After excluding Plex from the backup my backups went from 50 GB down to 5 GB, but now they have ballooned to over 30 GB, and I can't figure out why. I haven't installed any new dockers, so I can't see the reason for the increase. 

7 minutes ago, limonchoms said:

Jun 18 19:30:21 MyNAS CA Backup/Restore: It doesn't appear that the array is running. Exiting CA Backup

All disks is running,but I cant backup, plz help

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your systems diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) to your NEXT post.

1 hour ago, limonchoms said:

The diagnostics seem to indicate the array is running fine, so no obvious reason you should get that error message :( 

Only thing I can think off to suggest is to reboot but no good reason think that will fix things other than the fact it is often good practice just to confirm the error is persistent.

maybe someone else will have an idea :) 

12 hours ago, itimpi said:

The diagnostics seem to indicate the array is running fine, so no obvious reason you should get that error message :( 

Only thing I can think off to suggest is to reboot but no good reason think that will fix things other than the fact it is often good practice just to confirm the error is persistent.

maybe someone else will have an idea :) 

It has been rebooted many times, but it still prompts an error😢

I just downloaded the CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2 plugin so I could do a backup of my appdata before updating all of my dockers that needed updated. After I ran the backup it said completed and I had a pop up saying that all my needed updates were installed. 

This is where I am having issues. I go over to my Docker tab and all of my Dockers have a ? on their icons. The links on their names to take them to "edit" does nothing. and the only options when clicking on their icon is Console, Start, Restart, Pause, Stop, Log, or Remove.

I have tried doing a restore from the file that was created but nothing changed. I ssen a couple comments out restarting the server, I did and no change, to go to the apps tab and and get the binaries from the the containers. I am not entirly sure what this entails but I have nothing in my previously installed dockers and if I try and install a Docker that I already had it installs like a new Docker but with valuses that I just set. No the values of my dockers from before the backup. I tried to then restore after adding a Docker back that I had and the values in the settings are the same from the new install. 

As a test to see if the dockers still function, because they are still saying that they are running, I requested media from Overseerr. The request got sent to Radarr, then to SabnzbdVPN. SabnzbdVPN recieves the request and processes it. Then Radarr unpacks it and moves it to my Plex folder. Then it finishes with a notification to my phone saying that the job completed. Radarr and Sonarr both return errors of indexers unavailable do to failures/Missing root folder/Unable to comunicate with Deluge.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, TL;DR My dockers don't seem to be working after backup. Progams seem to work fine but I can't access their edit function.

This may just be a set that I am missing, if so any help would be great. Thanks

On 6/19/2021 at 3:17 AM, wortzinator said:

This is where I am having issues. I go over to my Docker tab and all of my Dockers have a ? on their icons. The links on their names to take them to "edit" does nothing. and the only options when clicking on their icon is Console, Start, Restart, Pause, Stop, Log, or Remove.

If I'm reading this right, the dashboard has the Edit, but the docker tab doesn't.  You need to update your OS to the stable version

Some of the other problems seem to indicate OTOH that the flash drive is dropping dead or has a poor connection.  Reboot and try a different port

On 6/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, xrqp said:

If I use this app, CA Appdata Backup, then is there any reason to backup Sonarr (using the backup feature inside Sonarr) ?  I run Sonarr with a Unraid container.

Not really, unless you want to be able to restore a backup zip from the Sonarr GUI.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:11 PM, dingd0ng said:

Is there any way to check how much space each docker is taking up in the completed backup?

After excluding Plex from the backup my backups went from 50 GB down to 5 GB, but now they have ballooned to over 30 GB, and I can't figure out why. I haven't installed any new dockers, so I can't see the reason for the increase. 

Open a shell and run this:

du -ah --max-depth=1 /mnt/user/appdata | sort -hr

It will tally up the consumed space from the provided directory, in a human readable format and then sort it. It might take some time to run... my appdata is huge and it took 3 minutes

The plugin stops all dockers, then begins the backup. I'm assuming this is done so there's a complete snapshot at that point in time?

My problem is the backup is now taking 4 hrs to complete. I was wondering if it would be possible to stop a container, back it up, then start it, move on to the next. If that's a good idea or not I don't know? 

Or maybe stop docker, make incremental backup (fast), start docker, then recreate the tar from the incremental and delete the incremental?

There's not really a good time to stop docker for 4 hrs. It takes down my smart home. If one of the kids get up in the night during the backup, the lights don't work. 

I can't think of a solution?

Edited by jj_uk
  • Like 1
  • Squid locked this topic