Grafana + InfluxDB + UnTelegraf

mkyb14

I've been searching high and low for a simple guide that shows how to setup monitoring your Unraid Server, and I can't seem to find something that lists how to do this from scratch. 

Looking to setup a simple Grafana dashboard so I can monitor the Unraid box, and components.  I've installed the following docker images from the CA apps 

• Grafana
  • InfluxDB
  • unTelegraf

Grafana webUI loads

InfluxDB tries to open up localhost:8083 and gets a failed to open page

unTelegraf has no webUI??

I'm solid with VM's, but with docker I'm newer to the setup (hence using pre-made dockers).  I can't seem to find a guide in the forums or through googling that show how one would do this with out installing dockers from scratch on their own (which I've not dived into yet for an understanding).  Anyone have a site or direction I should be looking at that might help make sense of the steps required to get something up and running ?

I just liked the dashboard on this site, and was trying to figure out how to mirror it using the pre-made docker images, and somehow figure out how to create the DB users etc and connect it all.  Usually I can find a really good tutorial here, and was wondering if I've just missed it.

https://denlab.io/setup-a-wicked-grafana-dashboard-to-monitor-practically-anything/

I get a random error when following the first step in making a dashboard for CPU. 

Not sure what that means.  Log files for Grafana, influxdb and telegraf all seem to be pumping data.  I've attached some screenshots.  I do see an error with influxdb in the telegraf logs, but googling it has found nothing that I can make heads or tails of. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.21.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.25.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.23.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.22.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.41.18 AM.png

Edited by mkyb14
  • 3 months later...

@panzerschreck, don't mean to bump an old-ish topic, but this is GREAT!!!

Thank you for your guide on Reddit, it was very helpful and I am on my way to creating my own dashboards! Even though I couldn't import your dashboard, the pictures of your settings are easy to follow and a great learning tool.

:-) Thank you again!

Edited by CrimsonTyphoon
Added correct user
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SavellM said:

@mkyb14

FYI InfluxDB doesnt work correctly on 6.5.1.

Its installed and started, but I cannot access it by the browser, and Grafana cant add it as a DB as it cannot reach it either.

Unless im missing something but I cant get it to work out of the box.

I just installed 6.5.1 last night and then installed all three. Pretty quick assumption that it doesn't work on 6.5.1. Any errors in the influx logs? Whats your network settings look like for your dockers?

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

My setup has been maxing out CPU and memory after a few days running for both InfluxDB and Telegraf. I realise that I had not removed HOST_MOUNT_PREFIX from telegraf so I have fixed that however now my usage/free on my /mnt/user folder is not working. I am not sure if this is/is not the cause of CPU/RAM maxing. It only happens after about 48 hours of uptime for the dockers

box-diagnostics-20200415-0837.zip

• 7 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:48 AM, panzerschreck said:

Hey!

I also had problems figuring out how to setup Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf and made a tutorial after I figured it out.

Feel free to check it out on reddit!

I tried to follow your tutorial and I am stuck trying to install telegraph. I am currently running unraid 6.8.2 . I have tried everything changing the network type , editing the host file.change the console shell command and also changing the paths to a folder inside appdata. no matter what I do it still gives me the same error on the picture below.

1980957140_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_03_32PM.thumb.png.c74ae2490317e3c31e7c7edec4ab0565.png873235879_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_01_55PM.thumb.png.5719a2071653abb956fbff214dbefc6b.png

17 minutes ago, pfckiko said:

on a side note i found this docker testdasi/grafana-unraid-stack:stable-amd64 has any used it before?

Yes, I am using it as are many others.  It makes setup of the three containers a piece of cake and also includes Promtail and Loki pre-installed/configured.

I personally found this MUCH easier than trying to configure all of them separately.  This should not be intended as a knock on any other containers or solutions.  It is just my personal experience.

EDIT: I am also using the Ultimate UnRAID Dashboard as the dashboard with Grafana-UnRAID-Stack (GUS)

Edited by Hoopster
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, pfckiko said:

I tried to follow your tutorial and I am stuck trying to install telegraph. I am currently running unraid 6.8.2 . I have tried everything changing the network type , editing the host file.change the console shell command and also changing the paths to a folder inside appdata. no matter what I do it still gives me the same error on the picture below.

1980957140_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_03_32PM.thumb.png.c74ae2490317e3c31e7c7edec4ab0565.png873235879_ScreenShot2020-12-10at3_01_55PM.thumb.png.5719a2071653abb956fbff214dbefc6b.png

Were you ever able to solve this?  I am stuck at the exact same point 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, baileybrat said:

Were you ever able to solve this?  I am stuck at the exact same point 

The top of the config page:

This version of telegraf requires you to manually place a config file at /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf The container will not start without it.