[SOLVED] unRAID 6.5 Windows Cannot Access \\TOWER

Hello,

I have recently moved house and have got Virgin Media I connected all the Ethernet cables up and expected it to work however it does not I get the following message:

5a0230ea883a4_errormessage.PNG.52bac7ef54c797574be0b4bc6b809d99.PNG

What is strange is that over wireless using my iPhone I am able to connect to the server fine and access the shares.

Here is the syslog too:

syslog.txt

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks,

Conmyster

Edited by Conmyster
  • 1 month later...

I have the same problem and do not want to reinstall windows.

Started a few days ago.

I can access other PCs and SMB shares from the "problematic PC" and I can access Tower from other PCs fine.

Anything I can do to fix it?

Edited by theone
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 8:28 AM, zmanfarlee said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent a number of hours with the same issue.  I tried everything SMB v1 etc... I can confirm to do this first before wiping off your computer or doing anything else. I reloaded the operating system for nothing.  Thank you for this!  Thank you Microsoft for making our lives more difficult again. I was seriously considering downgrading the operating system. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just moved back to the states from Japan.  Upon setting everything back up I was unable to access my unRAID server through Win10 Network discovery.  I used the solution above and it also worked for me. 

Win10, v1903.

UnRAID 6.7.2

Hope that this can help others.

Edited by spofoe
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] unRAID 6.5 Windows Cannot Access \\TOWER

I thought I would just do (I hope, a helpful) update on here wrt this issue. I recently bought myself a nice new HP laptop with windows home on it and it couldn't see my Tower server. My resolution went like this:

1. Did the SMB 1.0 thing. No luck

2. Double checked all my network settings on Tower (DNS config etc.). No luck

3. Screwed with Dword settings in registry. No luck

4.  Installed Group policy  (https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home) - method 2 worked for me.  Then changed GP settings. No luck.

5. Got really, really frtustrated. 

6. Rebuilt laptop with Windows 10 Pro.

Immediately worked. 

Time: 4.5 hours. Can I bill Bill?

I am more of a fan of Windows than I used to be but this sort of thing does my head in. I don't need a solution anymore but if anyone figures it out I suppose you could post it here. I think this is something that UNRAID should get solved because I suspect they will be losing customers at test stage. Unraid is great but you do have to be reasonably nerdy to use it still. 

I should have mentioned that I wouldn't have gone ahead with UNRAID if it wasn't for SpaceInvaderOne - his videos are brilliant. 

Edited by underdone
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...