Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 Not available anymore??

S0rcerer

Every link I've followed to find this card has lead me to an Out of Stock, or Backordered message.

Some places are even saying that it's not available from the manufacturer.

What's the deal?  Anyone know where these are still available?

Every link I've followed to find this card has lead me to an Out of Stock, or Backordered message.

Some places are even saying that it's not available from the manufacturer.

What's the deal?  Anyone know where these are still available?

I bet it sold like crazy when better linux kernel support was available.

After looking through some Google listings, the allocation is tight. A place has 35 on order for May 18 - 20th; One has 6 slated for May 24 - 29th; One has low inventory; One has 2 in stock; One has 1 in stock. It could be they have a newer model planned for SATA 6G, or more likely there was a run on demand after the recent Adaptec adapter card shortages.

Haha, you jinxed me!  I just ordered two of these cards from PCNation a few days ago, and just after reading this I received the email that they are out of stock!  In the email they say:

We currently anticipate completing your order over the next 1

to 2 weeks.

So maybe try there in 1-2 weeks?  I only chose them because they had the cheapest prices (after taxes and shipping).  I used Google Shopping to find them.

I canceled my order as I realized I won't need these cards for quite some time, so maybe you can take the stock that I had reserved.

It looks like a few places in Canada have them in stock with a price down to C$101.33 (Best Direct) - for price matching, DirectCanada (C$103.60) and NCIX.

Do not forget that you will need a special cable (or two)...

DinoDirect appears ho have a cheap knockout of the required cable (but with funny description and it is not sure if it is forward or reverse one) - anyone willing to try it out:

http://www.dinodirect.com/SATA-Cable-36P-4P-Black-currency-CAD.html?cur=USD

It looks like a few places in Canada have them in stock with a price down to C$101.33 (Best Direct) - for price matching, DirectCanada (C$103.60) and NCIX.

Do not forget that you will need a special cable (or two)...

DinoDirect appears ho have a cheap knockout of the required cable (but with funny description and it is not sure if it is forward or reverse one) - anyone willing to try it out:

http://www.dinodirect.com/SATA-Cable-36P-4P-Black-currency-CAD.html?cur=USD

*sigh*.. of course places in Canada now have it back in stock..  a few days after I ordered from the same guy as the above posters on ebay..  I could have had my new toy sooner  ;D (and for less $$$)

Archived