No Mouse Control in VM

bcr621

I have the VM set up and Windows 10 is running. I was able to update all of the drivers. However, through the whole process I only had keyboard control through the VNC. When my mouse pointer reaches the "screen", it disappears.

I thought it might be an issue with Chrome, so I tried accessing the VNC through Edge, that didn't work at all. The window opens and just says "No VNC".

For the record, I'm accessing the VNC from my laptop. I've tried both the integrated keyboard/touchpad and a set of logitech devices, same result.  Keyboard works fine, mouse doesn't work at all. 

7 hours ago, steve1977 said:

Do you have a touchscreen? If so, there is a bug in Unraid/VNC that prevents mouse support to work with VNC. Developers are aware and we may see a fix.

You can use RDC instead, which works flawless.

I do have a touch screen, thanks for the heads up. While the mouse doesn't work, the touchscreen does, so I'm good. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just experienced this issue as well but from another angle.  My desktop does not have any touch screen monitors however when I remoted in from my work laptop that did I experienced the disappearing mouse.  I was able to get it back after rebooting the desktop.  What is weird is that I manage my VMs all the time when RDP in to my desktop from the work machine (without touching the screen)

Ubuntu VM as well so RDP wasn't an option. Unraid 6.4.1

Hopefully a fix will come soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...