cloning hdd results in different disk usage?

amp3d

Hey Guys,

Super weird question for you!

I'm in the process of moving my movie collection over to a different hard drive. I used Krusader to drag and drop from one xfs formatted hdd to another xfs hdd. (western digital to seagate if that matters).

The copy process went fine, all movies are there. HOWEVER, disk usage has gone way up!

I have attached a screenshot of my 2 drives side by side, same number of files, same folder numbers, litereally it's supposed to be a 1:1 clone of my media.

However, one is using 588gb or so and the other is using 1.2tb!

How is this possible, and how did I end up losing so much space? lol 

I'm new to unraid so likely it's something I did wrong, but I'm super curious!

From Drive:                                                                                                                                   To Drive:

unraid wtf.GIF

Edited by amp3d
1 hour ago, amp3d said:

I have attached a screenshot of my 2 drives side by side, same number of files, same folder numbers, litereally it's supposed to be a 1:1 clone of my media.

Not the same numbers of folders or files, check the circled numbers... Check the contents of the sub folders, maybe you accidentally copied everything twice or something?

4 minutes ago, gubbgnutten said:

Not the same numbers of folders or files, check the circled numbers... Check the contents of the sub folders, maybe you accidentally copied everything twice or something?

Yeah I noticed that, but I went through all the files and folders and could not find any duplicates, unless they are hidden or not visible?

I think I'll format the drive and give it a go again, see what happens.

So strange!

When I do select all though, as you can see at the bottom, it says the files are the same!

50 minutes ago, gubbgnutten said:

That is only a summary of the current view, though, without taking contents of the folders into consideration.

Ah very true, but I assumed the bytes listed would be whatever is inside the directories? 
Oh well, everything is copying over as we speak. Hope to get better results 2nd time through, LOL