[Support] Rocket.Chat

6 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

Here is a guide showing how to setup Rocket chat running through a reverse proxy.

Also you can update the container but when you setup the mongoDB you must specify the hostname in the container when you create it.

That way when the container is ever recreated it keeps the same name and so doesnt cause the database to break.

If you already have rocket chat installed and  have disabled updates then see a fix that will allow you to update  as normal at the end of my video.

Thanks SpaceInvader One.  I'm following your guide, but when I try to start up RocketChat docker I get a "Execution Error:Server Error".  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

6 minutes ago, Iceman1199 said:

Thanks SpaceInvader One.  I'm following your guide, but when I try to start up RocketChat docker I get a "Execution Error:Server Error".  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

So you get an error like this when you click on start for the container?

1419237096_ScreenShot2020-06-13at17_43_12.png.5ae1c17edd80190a8afa05ca7fe3387b.png

Most likely you have another container running with the same port in use. Is anything else using port 3000?

Grafana also uses port 3000 by default.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

So you get an error like this when you click on start for the container?

1419237096_ScreenShot2020-06-13at17_43_12.png.5ae1c17edd80190a8afa05ca7fe3387b.png

Most likely you have another container running with the same port in use. Is anything else using port 3000?

Grafana also uses port 3000 by default.

Wow!!! I feel like an idiot.  That is exactly the reason why.  Any thoughts on how to get around that?  Grafana is using port 3000.  I worry just changing the port on the Rocketchat docker won't work.  

Edited by Iceman1199
5 minutes ago, Iceman1199 said:

Wow!!! I feel like an idiot.  That is exactly the reason why.  Any thoughts on how to get around that?  Grafana is using port 3000.  I worry just changing the port on the Rocketchat docker won't work.  

Scratch that last thought.  I just changed the port on Grafana instead and I got RocketChat up.  Thanks for the fix bro!!!!

1 minute ago, Iceman1199 said:

Wow!!! I feel ike an idiot.  That is exactly the reason why.  Any thoughts on how to get around that?  Grafana is using port 3000.  I worry just changing the port on the Rocketchat docker won't work.  

Ah its an easy mistake to make , I have done the same before myself many times before :)

You can change the grafana port or the rocket chat port.

If you change the rocket chat port you will have to make a change in reverse proxy config file too as the confile file expects the port that Rocket chat is using

to be 3000.

So its this bit here you would need to change.

server {
     listen 443 ssl;

server_name rocketchat.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
     client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
         resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
         set $upstream_app Rocket.Chat;
         set $upstream_port 3000;           <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<you would have to change the port here to match whats specified in the template>>>>>>>
         set $upstream_proto http;
         proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
         proxy_http_version 1.1;
         proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
         proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
         proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
         proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto http;
         proxy_set_header X-Nginx-Proxy true;
         proxy_redirect off;
     }
 }

server {
     listen 80;

server_name rocket.*;

return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
 }

• Thanks 1

I'm going through your guide @SpaceInvaderOne , I got the mongodb working, I think... but when I try and start the Rocketchat it just doesn't start.. in the log:

MongoParseError: Unescaped at-sign in authority section
at parseConnectionString (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/uri_parser.js:589:21)
at connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/operations/connect.js:272:3)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:221:5
at maybePromise (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:714:3)
at MongoClient.connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:217:10)
at Function.MongoClient.connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:427:22)
at new MongoConnection (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:206:11)
at new MongoInternals.RemoteCollectionDriver (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:4:16)
at Object.<anonymous> (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:38:10)
at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages/underscore.js:784:19)
at new Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:97:40)
at new AccountsCommon (packages/accounts-base/accounts_common.js:23:18)
at new AccountsServer (packages/accounts-base/accounts_server.js:23:5)
at packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:7:12
at module (packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:19:1)
at fileEvaluate (packages/modules-runtime.js:336:7) {
name: 'MongoParseError',
[Symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}

disregard, I'm dumb... had a special character in the password that it didn't like...

Edited by presence06
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hi maybe you guys can point me in right direction.. i setup the mongo and rocketchat and got it to work..  but i cant get it to work over WAN  

i use PFsense as my router i looked under dns forwarder but it doesnt like you do  rocketchat.myhouse.mine.nu  and forward it to 192.168.0.2:3000

how do i get it work over the wan  when you have pfsense

I followed the Spaceinvaderone video guide on how to get everything up and running and I am getting the following error in the log when trying to start the rocketchat docker. The mongodb seems to start ok from what I can tell. Any ideas? 

}
/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:280
throw(ex);
^

MongoParseError: Unescaped at-sign in authority section
at parseConnectionString (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/uri_parser.js:589:21)
at connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/operations/connect.js:272:3)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:221:5
at maybePromise (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:714:3)
at MongoClient.connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:217:10)
at Function.MongoClient.connect (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:427:22)
at new MongoConnection (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:206:11)
at new MongoInternals.RemoteCollectionDriver (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:4:16)
at Object.<anonymous> (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:38:10)
at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages/underscore.js:784:19)
at new Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:97:40)
at new AccountsCommon (packages/accounts-base/accounts_common.js:23:18)
at new AccountsServer (packages/accounts-base/accounts_server.js:23:5)
at packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:7:12
at module (packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:19:1)
at fileEvaluate (packages/modules-runtime.js:336:7) {
name: 'MongoParseError',
}

On 6/19/2020 at 5:07 AM, SavageAUS said:

For the last few days this container keeps saying it has an update. Is it just me?

It appears that 3.4.1 has released. 5 days ago, as of this writing.

However, the version we are running is 3.3.3, and is only a month old.

We shall wait...

@SpaceInvaderOne  Question about what password is being used from your instructions.  Since there are two rocketchat users (admin database & rocketchat database).  What user are you referring to in the MONGO_URL & MONOGO_OPLOG_URL?  I ask since the passwords can be different between the two rocketchat users created. 

use admin
db.createUser({user: "root",pwd: "password",roles: [{ role: "root", db: "admin"}]})
db.createUser({user: "rocketchat",pwd: "password",roles: [{role: "readWrite", db: "local" }]})
use rocketchat
db.createUser({user: "rocketchat",pwd: "password",roles: [{ role: "dbOwner",db: "rocketchat" }]})

MONGO_URL                 mongodb://rocketchat:password@yourIP:27017/rocketchat
ROOT_URL                   https://rocketchat.yourdomain.com

MONGO_OPLOG_URL     mongodb://rocketchat:password@yourIP:27017/local?authSource=admin

couple issues with the program.. how do you get rocket chat to start up  after mongodb  on a boot up.. since Rocketchat doesnt ever wanna load up

unless manual

2nd.  issue  why is  rocket chat  working for a while  running idle then shuts itself off whats going on...

3rd..  why  in Firefox  doesnt rocketchat work  i trying to use it over the internet  and in firefox  it trys to load.. and then firefox docker  gives the error  gah the tabs have crashed.. each time it trys to connect to rocketchat  

couple issues with the program.. how do you get rocket chat to start up  after mongodb  on a boot up.. since Rocketchat doesnt ever wanna load up
unless manual

2nd.  issue  why is  rocket chat  working for a while  running idle then shuts itself off whats going on...

3rd..  why  in Firefox  doesnt rocketchat work  i trying to use it over the internet  and in firefox  it trys to load.. and then firefox docker  gives the error  gah the tabs have crashed.. each time it trys to connect to rocketchat  

1 I do it manual

2 check the container logs, any crash information? Any warnings?

3 I would suggest a problem with your Firefox container maybe try it from a real PC with the newest Firefox version.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

@D'n'S137

ah ok..

3..  I cant really test it i only remote accessing my sisters Unraid to run  the FireFox Docker  it will work for websites    just doesnt like the rocket chat  it startes to load the ---  dots   but then shows up it crashed..

2.. the log files is

also changed my dns to example.com  like it will run for a while and then i noticed its shut down.. as i having issues passing it through Pfsense  etc

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)
at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)
at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)
at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)
at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {
name: 'MongoNetworkError',
}
LocalStore: store created at
Setting default file store to GridFS
{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1593868255927},"level":"info"}

Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!
Using GridFS for custom sounds storage
Using GridFS for custom emoji storage
Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`
Updating process.env.MAIL_URL
➔ System ➔ startup
➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+
➔ | SERVER RUNNING |
➔ | |
➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 3.3.3 |

➔ | NodeJS Version: 12.16.1 - x64 |

➔ | MongoDB Version: 4.2.8 |

➔ | MongoDB Engine: unknown |
➔ | Platform: linux |
➔ | Process Port: 3000 |
➔ | Site URL: https://rocketchat.example.com |
➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |
➔ | Commit Hash: f9553e4d8f |
➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |
➔ | |
/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313
throw(ex);
^

MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPE

at afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:154:25)
at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:145:3)
at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:780:11)
at Socket._write (net.js:792:8)
at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:441:12)
at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:425:5)
at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:316:11)
at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)
at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:8)
at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5
at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)
at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1123:10) {
}]
at Pool.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)
at Pool.emit (events.js:311:20)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11
at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7
at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)
at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)
at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)
at Socket.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)
}
{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594125007398},"level":"info"}

➔ System ➔ startup
➔ | SERVER RUNNING |
➔ | |

➔ | |
=== UnHandledPromiseRejection ===
MongoError: interrupted at shutdown
at Connection.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:450:61)
at Connection.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
at processMessage (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:384:10)
at Socket.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:553:15)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:294:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:275:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)
at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23)
=> awaited here:
at Function.Promise.await (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:56:12)
at app/models/server/raw/NotificationQueue.ts:47:15
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40
=> awaited here:
at Function.Promise.await (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:56:12)
at app/notification-queue/server/NotificationQueue.ts:41:21
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40 {
operationTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594126069 },
ok: 0,
errmsg: 'interrupted at shutdown',
code: 11600,
codeName: 'InterruptedAtShutdown',
'$clusterTime': {
clusterTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594126069 },
signature: { hash: [Binary], keyId: [Long] }
},
name: 'MongoError',
}
---------------------------------
Errors like this can cause oplog processing errors.
Setting EXIT_UNHANDLEDPROMISEREJECTION will cause the process to exit allowing your service to automatically restart the process
Future node.js versions will automatically exit the process
=================================
Exception in setInterval callback: MongoError: interrupted at shutdown
at Connection.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:450:61)
at Connection.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
at processMessage (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:384:10)
at Socket.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:553:15)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:294:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:275:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)
at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23) {
operationTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594148401 },
ok: 0,
errmsg: 'interrupted at shutdown',
code: 11600,
codeName: 'InterruptedAtShutdown',
'$clusterTime': {
clusterTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594148401 },
signature: { hash: [Binary], keyId: [Long] }
},
name: 'MongoError',
}
throw(ex);
^

MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPE

at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)
at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:8)
at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5
at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)
at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)
}]
at Pool.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11
at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)
at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7
at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)
at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)
at Socket.<anonymous> (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)
}
{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594162911636},"level":"info"}

➔ System ➔ startup
➔ | SERVER RUNNING |
➔ | |

➔ | |
throw(ex);
^

}]
}
{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594264917618},"level":"info"}

➔ System ➔ startup
➔ | SERVER RUNNING |
➔ | |

➔ | |
throw(ex);
^

}]
}

Hello unRAID people.

I've got the docker installed, tested it works like a charm.
But I'm having an issue I can't figure out how to solve.
I've installed the Rocket Chat app on my Android phone, but I can't connect to the workspace for it before I've enabled the Websocket.
I'm not quite sure what it is, I've read about it needs NGINX, I have the NGINX Proxy Manager, but I can't seem to find what I need.
Can anyone help?

@D'n'S137
ah ok..
3..  I cant really test it i only remote accessing my sisters Unraid to run  the FireFox Docker  it will work for websites    just doesnt like the rocket chat  it startes to load the ---  dots   but then shows up it crashed..

2.. the log files is
also changed my dns to example.com  like it will run for a while and then i noticed its shut down.. as i having issues passing it through Pfsense  etc
ErrorWarningSystemArrayLoginat Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}LocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atSetting default file store to GridFS{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1593868255927},"level":"info"}Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!Using GridFS for custom sounds storageUsing GridFS for custom emoji storageBrowserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`Updating process.env.MAIL_URL➔ System ➔ startup➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | SERVER RUNNING |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | |➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 3.3.3 |➔ | NodeJS Version: 12.16.1 - x64 |➔ | MongoDB Version: 4.2.8 |➔ | MongoDB Engine: unknown |➔ | Platform: linux |➔ | Process Port: 3000 |➔ | Site URL: https://rocketchat.example.com |➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |➔ | Commit Hash: f9553e4d8f |➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |➔ | |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313throw(ex);^MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPEat afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:154:25)at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:145:3)at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:780:11)at Socket._write (net.js:792:at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:441:12)at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:425:5)at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:316:11)at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1123:10) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}]at Pool. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)at Pool.emit (events.js:311:20)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}LocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atSetting default file store to GridFS{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594125007398},"level":"info"}Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!Using GridFS for custom sounds storageUsing GridFS for custom emoji storageBrowserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`Updating process.env.MAIL_URL➔ System ➔ startup➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | SERVER RUNNING |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | |➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 3.3.3 |➔ | NodeJS Version: 12.16.1 - x64 |➔ | MongoDB Version: 4.2.8 |➔ | MongoDB Engine: unknown |➔ | Platform: linux |➔ | Process Port: 3000 |➔ | Site URL: https://rocketchat.example.com |➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |➔ | Commit Hash: f9553e4d8f |➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |➔ | |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+=== UnHandledPromiseRejection ===MongoError: interrupted at shutdownat Connection. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:450:61)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Connection.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)at processMessage (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:384:10)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:553:15)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:294:12)at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:275:11)at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23)=> awaited here:at Function.Promise.await (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:56:12)at app/models/server/raw/NotificationQueue.ts:47:15at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40=> awaited here:at Function.Promise.await (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:56:12)at app/notification-queue/server/NotificationQueue.ts:41:21at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/promise/node_modules/meteor-promise/fiber_pool.js:43:40 {operationTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594126069 },ok: 0,errmsg: 'interrupted at shutdown',code: 11600,codeName: 'InterruptedAtShutdown','$clusterTime': {clusterTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594126069 },signature: { hash: [binary], keyId: [Long] }},name: 'MongoError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}---------------------------------Errors like this can cause oplog processing errors.Setting EXIT_UNHANDLEDPROMISEREJECTION will cause the process to exit allowing your service to automatically restart the processFuture node.js versions will automatically exit the process=================================Exception in setInterval callback: MongoError: interrupted at shutdownat Connection. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:450:61)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Connection.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)at processMessage (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:384:10)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:553:15)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:482:12)at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:294:12)at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:275:11)at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23) {operationTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594148401 },ok: 0,errmsg: 'interrupted at shutdown',code: 11600,codeName: 'InterruptedAtShutdown','$clusterTime': {clusterTime: Timestamp { _bsontype: 'Timestamp', low_: 1, high_: 1594148401 },signature: { hash: [binary], keyId: [Long] }},name: 'MongoError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313throw(ex);^MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPEat afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:154:25)at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:145:3)at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:780:11)at Socket._write (net.js:792:at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:441:12)at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:425:5)at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:316:11)at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1123:10) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}]at Pool. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)at Pool.emit (events.js:311:20)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}LocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atSetting default file store to GridFS{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594162911636},"level":"info"}Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!Using GridFS for custom sounds storageUsing GridFS for custom emoji storageBrowserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`Updating process.env.MAIL_URL➔ System ➔ startup➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | SERVER RUNNING |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | |➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 3.3.3 |➔ | NodeJS Version: 12.16.1 - x64 |➔ | MongoDB Version: 4.2.8 |➔ | MongoDB Engine: unknown |➔ | Platform: linux |➔ | Process Port: 3000 |➔ | Site URL: https://rocketchat.example.com |➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |➔ | Commit Hash: f9553e4d8f |➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |➔ | |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313throw(ex);^MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPEat afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:154:25)at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:145:3)at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:780:11)at Socket._write (net.js:792:at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:441:12)at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:425:5)at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:316:11)at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1123:10) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}]at Pool. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)at Pool.emit (events.js:311:20)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}LocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atLocalStore: store created atSetting default file store to GridFS{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 191","time":{"$date":1594264917618},"level":"info"}Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!Using GridFS for custom sounds storageUsing GridFS for custom emoji storageBrowserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`Updating process.env.MAIL_URL➔ System ➔ startup➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | SERVER RUNNING |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+➔ | |➔ | Rocket.Chat Version: 3.3.3 |➔ | NodeJS Version: 12.16.1 - x64 |➔ | MongoDB Version: 4.2.8 |➔ | MongoDB Engine: unknown |➔ | Platform: linux |➔ | Process Port: 3000 |➔ | Site URL: https://rocketchat.example.com |➔ | ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled |➔ | Commit Hash: f9553e4d8f |➔ | Commit Branch: HEAD |➔ | |➔ +--------------------------------------------------------------+/app/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:313throw(ex);^MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [192.168.0.3:27017] on first connect [Error: write EPIPEat afterWriteDispatched (internal/stream_base_commons.js:154:25)at writeGeneric (internal/stream_base_commons.js:145:3)at Socket._writeGeneric (net.js:780:11)at Socket._write (net.js:792:at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:441:12)at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:425:5)at Socket.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:316:11)at Connection.write (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:271:21)at runCommand (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:384:at performInitialHandshake (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:122:3)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:35:5at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:264:5)at Socket.connectHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:309:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:417:28)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1123:10) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}]at Pool. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)at Pool.emit (events.js:311:20)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:561:14at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:994:11at callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:97:5)at /app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:124:7at _callback (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:349:5)at Connection.errorHandler (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:365:5)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Connection.emit (events.js:311:20)at Socket. (/app/bundle/programs/server/npm/node_modules/meteor/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connection.js:340:10)at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)at errorOrDestroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:108:12)at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:456:5)at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:483:5) {name: 'MongoNetworkError',[symbol(mongoErrorContextSymbol)]: {}}

Sorry for the late answer you can check your log just after starting the docker from the Unraid Docker Tab at the right by pressing the symbol that looks like a written pice of paper these logs are live when your docker is running.

By looking into the logs it seems like RocketChat cannot find your mongoDB, you have to have a installed mongoDB docker/server running if you want to run a RocketChat docker/server, if you already have one installed check the Network connection both docker/servers have to be on the same Subnet.

Hello unRAID people.
I've got the docker installed, tested it works like a charm.
But I'm having an issue I can't figure out how to solve.
I've installed the Rocket Chat app on my Android phone, but I can't connect to the workspace for it before I've enabled the Websocket.
I'm not quite sure what it is, I've read about it needs NGINX, I have the NGINX Proxy Manager, but I can't seem to find what I need.
Can anyone help?
Just look into YouTube Spaceinvader One did a great video of the hole Story

ah ok... yes already had monogodb..  already had rocketchat running made users in it..  it works   but like i mentioned  it shuts down on its own  randomly  so could be running 2 hours then shuts down  

i uninstalled it and was going to reinstall it all  see if it fixs it  just havent gotten to it yet

• Like 1
9 hours ago, D'n'S137 said:

Just look into YouTube Spaceinvader One did a great video of the hole Story

I found a solution around the same time you wrote it.
I'm not using let's encrypt like he does. I'm using NGINX Proxy Manager which has let's encrypt built into it.
And while I was doing another thing, I noticed it had a text saying "enable websocket". And I just had to enable it right there.
Thank you anyway though :)

I found a solution around the same time you wrote it.

I'm not using let's encrypt like he does. I'm using NGINX Proxy Manager which has let's encrypt built into it.

And while I was doing another thing, I noticed it had a text saying "enable websocket". And I just had to enable it right there.

Thank you anyway though

Thank you for posting your answer. smile.png&key=d7bc0bbbfa2056a2a63af437c1f4a1188d2d7eb0deb5aa11e8f34aa88765e668

It's always a good step, to look into the logs most services know what they need

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone using the android app able to open linked channels from messages? ie someone has put #channel in their message but when i click it I only get the channel description and i dont get brought to the channel itself. I cant see anyway to use this to access the linked channel. Is this something im doing wrong? Just wanted to check here before i go to the github and report it.

Just FYI i have tried both public and private channels with the same results. Everything else works perfectly and i will be moving from discord to this once i have this sorted.

Very nice video from Spaceinvaderone as always

I restarted my rocketchat container and now i get the following errors in mongodb and rocketchat doesnt load.

{"t":{"$date":"2020-08-16T16:37:14.589+01:00"},"s":"I", "c":"ACCESS", "id":20436, "ctx":"conn19","msg":"Checking authorization failed","attr":{"error":{"code":13,"codeName":"Unauthorized","errmsg":"not authorized on rocketchat to execute command { serverStatus: 1, lsid: { id: UUID(\"df64c333-b79f-4986-a56f-0cc3968da9e4\") }, $clusterTime: { clusterTime: Timestamp(1597592229, 1), signature: { hash: BinData(0, 62B136C07F343273AEB323B4EE66340A7973F544), keyId: 6858676383569149956 } }, $db: \"rocketchat\" }"}}}

I havent changed anything.