[Support] Rocket.Chat

Does anyone know how to ssh into the docker container?  I have a problem with timestamps being five hours ahead of my time.  Unraid has the time set correctly and so does Rocket.Chat.  I may have found a solution on Rocket.Chat forums that requires SSHing into the docker container to set the region using this command: dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.

5 hours ago, Otacon said:

Does anyone know how to ssh into the docker container?  I have a problem with timestamps being five hours ahead of my time.  Unraid has the time set correctly and so does Rocket.Chat.  I may have found a solution on Rocket.Chat forums that requires SSHing into the docker container to set the region using this command: dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.

Can you do this through the console?

7 hours ago, Otacon said:

Use docker ps to get the name of the existing container

Use the command docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash to get a bash shell in the container

Generically, use docker exec -it <container name> <command> to execute whatever command you specify in the container.

Got it from this one:
https://phase2.github.io/devtools/common-tasks/ssh-into-a-container/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, Nanobug said:

I found a solution around the same time you wrote it.
I'm not using let's encrypt like he does. I'm using NGINX Proxy Manager which has let's encrypt built into it.
And while I was doing another thing, I noticed it had a text saying "enable websocket". And I just had to enable it right there.
Thank you anyway though :)

Thanks man. I had the same issue as you and didn't realize it was as easy as enabling the option in the proxy host configuration !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time getting mine up and going.  When I run the command to create the second user, I get a message saying "uncaught exception: Error: couldn't add user: command createUser requires authentication.  I've shut down the MongoDB Docker and brought it back up, rebuilt it following the instructions about 3 times, but I always come to this same error. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

I'm having a hard time getting mine up and going.  When I run the command to create the second user, I get a message saying "uncaught exception: Error: couldn't add user: command createUser requires authentication.  I've shut down the MongoDB Docker and brought it back up, rebuilt it following the instructions about 3 times, but I always come to this same error. 

Good morning.
I followed Space Invader One's guide for it.
I use Nginx Proxy Manager that has a dashboard insead of the one he uses.
The video is here:

I finally got rocketchat to work but any of the email functions don't work. For example when I put in an email address to invite a user it never does anything (no messages). When I sent out a test email using the mailer in settings it says "the emails are being sent" but the emails never arrive.

Is there another docker or setting I need to setup for these features to work?

1 hour ago, ONI said:

I finally got rocketchat to work but any of the email functions don't work. For example when I put in an email address to invite a user it never does anything (no messages). When I sent out a test email using the mailer in settings it says "the emails are being sent" but the emails never arrive.

Is there another docker or setting I need to setup for these features to work?

Have you set it up to an SMTP server of the domain you want to sent from?
It can be done with Google too.

8 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

Have you set it up to an SMTP server of the domain you want to sent from?
It can be done with Google too.

So I found the option to plug that in but it asks me to verify the settings change by sending me an email to confirm the change... Since emails don't work I am stuck in a vicious cycle...

21 hours ago, ONI said:

So I found the option to plug that in but it asks me to verify the settings change by sending me an email to confirm the change... Since emails don't work I am stuck in a vicious cycle...

I can't tell you why it does that.
I would've just started over and deleted it.
So unless someone has a solution for it, you can do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 5:46 PM, Unraid Newbie said:

i think the recent mongodb update broke mongo,

anyone experiencing the same? 

Exact same thing happened to me.  It looks like it broke something with the replication, but I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Any luck on your end?

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, MrKevbo said:

Exact same thing happened to me.  It looks like it broke something with the replication, but I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Any luck on your end?

I think I found a solution. Had a problem with the authorization while installing Rocket.Chat, too. After reading that working with a MongoDB replica set requires both account and keyfile, I started a terminal and mounted into the MongoDB appdata folder:

cd /mnt/user/appdata/mongodb

Then I created a keyfile and set read/write permissions with the following two commands:

openssl rand -base64 741 > mongodb.key

chmod 600 mongodb.key

Afterwards, I edited to mongodb.conf file in the MongoDB appdata folder and added the direction of the keyfile:

security:
  authorization: enabled
  keyFile: /data/db/mongodb.key

Now the enabled authorization works for me 💪😁

Edited by HojojojoWololo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But I still got some problems here. The biggest one: Rocket.Chat isn't able to connect to the Rocket Chat Cloud. I set up an account and had to register it manually - the link for the online registration with my Rocket Cloud account didn't work. When I want to connect to the cloud services and click on "the sign in button within my Rocket Chat server, I am redirected to a cloud.rocket.chat uri to login which returns this error:

ErrorInvalid redirect uri. If you are attempting to login to your workspace, please go back and click the "Sync" button (a3da349d-e022-4604-8f67-1e9a19feef8c).

I tried to click sync - rocket chat even tells me that the sync was successful. But the error message is generated again when trying to sign in.

I logged into cloud.rocket.chat and removed the server from my workspaces. I also registered that I had some kind of dummy second workspace called Your Workspace registered. I deleted this one, too. In a second step, I was able to register again - with the online token. I was directed to the correct URI and was able to login with my credentials. Another error message appeared:

The Rocket.Chat Workspace you are attempting to sign into is currently associated with a different Rocket.Chat Cloud account than the one you are signed in with. (09f1ef34-7813-40a8-926d-3498e1827f2a)

I also tried to delete the cloud sync info from my database using the MongoDB containers console

mongo

use rocketchat

db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": Cloud_Workspace_Id”});

db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": Cloud_Workspace_Client_Id”});

db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": uniqueID”});

But there still is the "associated with a different Rocket.Chat Cloud account" error.

Is there anyone who has a solution for this problem?

Edited by HojojojoWololo
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 10:50 AM, caseyparsons said:

Is this docker container still being maintained? I enjoy using it, but can't be running an unmaintained container without security patches.

This was bugging me as well.  I was able to update to the latest version (v. 3.9.4) without issue by:

1. Stop the container
  2. Edit/Update the container
  3. Change the repository value to rocketchat/rocket.chat
  4. Apply the changes

I'm not sure if it is necessary but I do have "Enable additional search results from dockerHub" in CA settings set to Yes.

• Like 2
On 1/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, jm9843 said:

This was bugging me as well.  I was able to update to the latest version (v. 3.9.4) without issue by:

1. Stop the container
  2. Edit/Update the container
  3. Change the repository value to rocketchat/rocket.chat
  4. Apply the changes

I'm not sure if it is necessary but I do have "Enable additional search results from dockerHub" in CA settings set to Yes.

This worked for me, and I'm glad it did. I had been stuck at 3.7.1 for a while now.

• 4 weeks later...

Does Federation not work?

I turned it on, and accidentally forgot the period at the end of the domain as the example illustrates. There is also a warning saying:

Do not change this after enabling the feature, we can't handle domain changes yet.

Is there any way to fix this if I made a mistake? Would I have to recreate the entire database and rocketchat server?