anyone get bitwarden working?

Has anyone had any success with Bitwarden password manager on unraid?

Bitwarden

Seems easy to do but without docker compose I'm a little lost on how to install

Edit: ok, just pulled down docker compose (guess I'll have to do that every reboot) and installed. Everything seems to work ok but the docker tab is cluttered with 7 additional docker items from the install. I'm sure there is a cleaner way

Edit2: nevermind, can't seem to create an account, uninstalling for now

Edited by fgdjhakdftere
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone had any success with Bitwarden password manager on unraid?
Bitwarden

Seems easy to do but without docker compose I'm a little lost on how to install

Edit: ok, just pulled down docker compose (guess I'll have to do that every reboot) and installed. Everything seems to work ok but the docker tab is cluttered with 7 additional docker items from the install. I'm sure there is a cleaner way

Edit2: nevermind, can't seem to create an account, uninstalling for now
Were you able to install/configure this correctly?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2018 at 7:31 AM, ffhelllskjdje said:

no, I ended up just spinning up an ubuntu VM and installing on there. 

You notice Docker-Compose is now in NerdPack plugin.....so it will persist on UnRAID through reboots and such. Wonder if that makes it work now?

Update: Ended up just installing it as a Docker on a Linux Mint VM.

Edited by Stupifier
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:09 PM, Stupifier said:

You notice Docker-Compose is now in NerdPack plugin.....so it will persist on UnRAID through reboots and such. Wonder if that makes it work now?

Update: Ended up just installing it as a Docker on a Linux Mint VM.

Yeah I tried using docker compose and it installed but it's out of my league and I couldn't get it to work. hopefully someone with more knowledge can do a HowTo on getting it installed.

3 hours ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

Yeah I tried using docker compose and it installed but it's out of my league and I couldn't get it to work. hopefully someone with more knowledge can do a HowTo on getting it installed.

Ya, BitWarden is a really great Password Manager, I hope it gets some love from a more knowledgeable user then myself. I gave up and just threw it in a Docker instance on my Linux VM. Kind of a last resort solution....hate doing that.

• 1 month later...

Someone figured it all out! Check here....extremely simple install of BitWarden Docker. Was able to get Bitwarden up and Running in a few minutes on UnRAID

https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/8usixz/let_me_introduce_you_to_bitwarden_rs_selfhosted/

https://hub.docker.com/r/mprasil/bitwarden/

1. Use the Community Applications plugin
  2. Go to Apps Tab and make sure DockerHub searching is enabled in the settings
  3. search for bitwarden and click to install on the container for "mprasil/bitwarden"
  4. Setup configuration like this screenshot.......

UnRAID Docker Configuration Example

Edited by Stupifier
  • 1 year later...
On 1/6/2020 at 4:37 AM, neon_phoenix said:

Sorry to necrobump guys, but I am running mprasil's implementation of bitwarden on my unraid box and for the life of me, I cant find where to put the license file as i want to use a Families organization for multiple users. Apparently it needs to go into the 'bwdata' folder but i cant find it! Any help?

Wondering the same thing.

Also can someone help me set up SSL using these instructions? https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs/wiki/Enabling-HTTPS

I would like to use my own CERTS for Bitwarden but am a little confused how to do so using the Bitwarden Docker in Unraid, there is no option for "environment" under the advanced tab when I try to edit the existing Docker configuration for Bitwarden.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:25 AM, goombaunraid said:

Wondering the same thing.

Also can someone help me set up SSL using these instructions? https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs/wiki/Enabling-HTTPS

I would like to use my own CERTS for Bitwarden but am a little confused how to do so using the Bitwarden Docker in Unraid, there is no option for "environment" under the advanced tab when I try to edit the existing Docker configuration for Bitwarden.

Thanks!

It also took me a long time until I managed to include my own certificate.
That's how it worked for me. Had to enter the command directly in the unraid terminal because the GUI didn't accept the {}.
Problem is that the docker can't be updated via the GUI anymore.
The command has to be adapted to the own environment.
Maybe someone can report this to Github Project Tracker.

command:

docker run -d --name='bitwardenrs' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'SIGNUPS_ALLOWED'='true' -e 'INVITATIONS_ALLOWED'='true' -e 'SERVER_ADMIN_EMAIL'='YOUREMAIL' -e 'WEBSOCKET_ENABLED'='true' -e 'ATTACHMENTS_FOLDER'='/attachments' -e 'ICON_CACHE_FOLDER'='/icon_cache' -e 'ADMIN_TOKEN'='YOURTOKEN' -p '8080:80/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Bitwarden/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Bitwarden/ssl/':'/ssl':'rw' -e 'ROCKET_TLS'='{certs="/ssl/keys/bitwarden.crt",key="/ssl/keys/bitwarden.key"}' 'bitwardenrs/server:alpine'

image.thumb.png.a55e750a6b4c7a2eae2eb492bc236f0c.png

On 1/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, neon_phoenix said:

Sorry to necrobump guys, but I am running mprasil's implementation of bitwarden on my unraid box and for the life of me, I cant find where to put the license file as i want to use a Families organization for multiple users. Apparently it needs to go into the 'bwdata' folder but i cant find it! Any help?

No license file is needed. I'm running an organization in my build. Also, it's worth switching over to the bitwardenrs implementation (it's in community applications) as mprasil's has been deprecated. You can use exactly the same data locations in the new docker, turn the old one off, start the new one up and everything will work.