[Support] binhex - Jackett

Hey @binhex, Wondering if you can help me. I have had the delugeVPN working fine and still running fine with PIA(confirmed by setting up proxy on laptop and still getting VPN IP address). Jackett has been passed through delugeVPN container for quite a while and no issues until this past weekend where I am not sure what changed. My server for the most part is automated so I never really login other than to maybe sonarr/radarr to queue a download if something isnt automated.

The issue is Jackett seems to have stopped working, its not connecting to the GUI and on sonarr and radarr it cant search the indexer I had setup. If I remove the extra parameters(--net=container:binhex-delugevpn) pushing it through the delugeVPN container and set it back to bridge then it connects to the GUI fine so seems the container is working. 

I tried clearing the appdata files and starting fresh with Jackett but I am not sure what else to try. I am not sure why the GUI refuses to work now through the delugeVPN container. Any ideas?

Edited by chris7r
1 hour ago, chris7r said:

The issue is Jackett seems to have stopped working, its not connecting to the GUI and on sonarr and radarr it cant search the indexer I had setup. If I remove the extra parameters(--net=container:binhex-delugevpn) pushing it through the delugeVPN container and set it back to bridge then it connects to the GUI fine so seems the container is working. 

this is not a jackett issue, look at the 'recommended post' on the delugevpn support thread on how to fix this.

Hi Binhex, I have just noticed that my weekly show hadn't downloaded along with a couple of movies etc. I went and checked my radarr and sonarr to test the indexer, but the indexer within jackett seems to have stopped working in the last couple of days.

Unraid is up to date, as are all dockers, haven't changed anything on the network or within the settings of the dockers, unraid etc.

I changed the nordvpn openvpn file within the deluge openvpn folder as these seem to expire sometimes, thats what I thought was the problem with no downloads going initially.

I checked the logs of jackett and there is this message, looks like some file permission setting? Not sure if this is what is causing the issue but its in the logs anyway:

2021-03-13 18:17:56,258 DEBG 'jackett' stderr output:
realpath(/usr/lib/jackett/) failed: Operation not permitted

Then on sonarr I have:

2021-03-13 18:58:37,195 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Warn] SonarrErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed:

-- : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

On radarr I am getting the same:

2021-03-13 18:59:38,107 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Warn] RadarrErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed:

-- : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

My Jackett is setup as follows:

image.png.44ba61f3252ef79710a6845cb3352cc2.png

Any help in diagnosing would be appreciated :)

Thank you

This thread has been very helpful getting Jackett setup for me. I've moved Radarr and Jackett behind my delugevpn container an now seem to be having issues getting Jackett to connect to indexers. I'm assuming this is a simple setup issue i overlooked. Hopefully someone can save my hours of searching.

Radarr and Jackett can connect - used "localhost" in applicable fields

Added port 9117 to VPN_INPUT and created additional port in DelugeVPN per SpaceInvaderOne

This might be Q26 but i don't quite understand what is being stated here.

Edit 1: In case anyone stumbles across this with the same problem i was able to get some indexers on my list to connect by using local host as the Proxy URL. This only works after typing in "http://localhost". see second screen shot of fix. Some indexers are not connecting still so i supect there is a VPN block which is discussed elsewhere. I will update this post when i get them working. 

image.png.9f45bce6c031853267e122c0e9084b97.png

supervisord - Copy.log

Edit 2 Screenshot

image.png.863e3df37d69198343f73ccb5f68faf9.png

Edited by Jayg37
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pushed my luck a bit more as i got a little friendly with one of the dev's on Jackett and mentioned him in another one of my open enhancements, this one is to automatically disable index sites when they are offline - link to the enhancement:- https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/3292#issuecomment-841484694

So the reason i wanted the ability for inders to be disabled is that if you have one or more indexers goes offline then this can block all index sites from being contacted via the metadata downloaders (e.g. sonarr/radarr, etc), as the aggregated 'all' list contacts each index site in turn before returning the result to the metadata downloader. 

So how do you use this feature?, simple you add in additional filters to the api feed for the metadata downloader, an example:-

http://<your servers ip>:<your host port>/api/v2.0/indexers/tag:tv+type:public+lang:en+test:passed/results/torznab

so in the above example this will filter for indexers with tags tv AND type public AND language english AND test passed, the important bit being the end 'test', this is where it filters based on only indexers that have passed, failed index sites will not be tried until they pass the tests again.

want to see which index sites are marked as failed?, issue this from web browser:-

http://<your servers ip>:<your host port>/api/v2.0/indexers/test:failed/results?apikey=<your jackett api key>

I hope you like the enhancement as much as i do, already getting value from this as two of my indexers went temporarily offline 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to setup jackett to route through a VPN? I have PIA, and Deluge goes through it. But one of the sites jackett searches for me is Nyaa for anime. For the past 3 days I am getting an error 429 too many requests. Not sure what triggered this as I haven't downloaded anything except a couple of episodes in the time frame. I can still access the site through the browser when I turn on the VPN client. So I was hoping to just set up jackett to use the VPN so I can still get my anime. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jebusfreek666 said:

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to setup jackett to route through a VPN? I have PIA, and Deluge goes through it. But one of the sites jackett searches for me is Nyaa for anime. For the past 3 days I am getting an error 429 too many requests. Not sure what triggered this as I haven't downloaded anything except a couple of episodes in the time frame. I can still access the site through the browser when I turn on the VPN client. So I was hoping to just set up jackett to use the VPN so I can still get my anime. 

most probably this is due to somebody who had previously used your currently allocated vpn ip spamming Nyaa, causing them to block that specific ip, you could try restarting the vpn container, this should give you a new ip and may (assuming nobody has abused that ip) get you through the block.

10 hours ago, jebusfreek666 said:

No, it currently is not set up to use a VPN and I want to set it up to use PIA. I get the error when I try to access Nyaa without any VPN.

sorry i was skim readng and it was early :-), ok so no vpn in play, does your isp allocate you a static ip or is it dhcp?.

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

sorry i was skim readng and it was early :-), ok so no vpn in play, does your isp allocate you a static ip or is it dhcp?.

Fairly certain it is static. So I could probably just change the MAC of my router and it would go through. But I figured setting up the VPN would allow for a little more privacy. And since I already have it anyway with deluge, it would be no cost.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, binhex said:

nope its not normal but i havent had time to track down whats causing the increase in size, after some further investigation i found out its due to nuget caching, the next image will be smaller.

Has this been fixed? I got a warning notification that my docker.img is 21.5GB and one of the discrepancies I noticed is that the Jackett image is 980MB and the container 279MB, meaning a total of 1.26GB. Does that seem right?

23 hours ago, KnifeFed said:

Jackett image is 980MB and the container 279MB, meaning a total of 1.26GB. Does that seem right?

sounds about right to me, keep in mind that size is the total size including all intermediate images that make up jackett, so the actual size of jackett when you pull down is about 250MB not 1.2GB.

20 hours ago, binhex said:

sounds about right to me, keep in mind that size is the total size including all intermediate images that make up jackett, so the actual size of jackett when you pull down is about 250MB not 1.2GB.

Yeah, it's got a unique size of 369MB so I guess that's all good. Thanks for confirming.

10 hours ago, francrouge said:

hi all i'm trying to add an rss feed in qbitorrent its not working at all.

so far i tried 3 rss feed.

dont know what to do 

image.png.36a9508875943b90b891135f952a9b9b.png

any help ? please  thx

i have this working, here is what my rss feed looks like for qbittorrent rss:-

http://<host ip>:<host port>/api/v2.0/indexers/all/results/torznab/api?apikey=<my api key from jackett ui>&t=search&cat=&q=

1 hour ago, binhex said:

i have this working, here is what my rss feed looks like for qbittorrent rss:-

Hi yes i have the samething.

Can you tell me if there is another torrent docker working with rss or how can i test it ?

could it be qbitorrent that is not working good ?

http://<host ip>:<host port>/api/v2.0/indexers/all/results/torznab/api?apikey=<my api key from jackett ui>&t=search&cat=&q=

6 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Anyone had any issues with the latest Jackett update? I'm getting the attached error.

no issues here, i had latest update pending so just updated and didn't encounter any issue, so i would assume your problem is probably due to docker image corruption, best to ask on docker engine topic for resolving this:- https://forums.unraid.net/forum/58-docker-engine/

• Like 1
8 hours ago, francrouge said:

@binhex I did try to reinstall qbitorrent from scratch still having the same issue.

Edit: I checked the qbitorrent logs and i can only see this on the rease it failed to add rss feed:

Reason: The connection to the remote server timed out

Any idea ?

thx

if jackett is NOT running through qbittorrentvpn then you need to take a look at Q27. (hint application running on lan would be jackett):- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just tossing in my2¢. My ISP (verizon) recently blocked Nyaa for it's users. I can still grab stuff off of Nyaa myself, by I came here looking for something similar, to route jackett through PIA to avoid my isp messing about (I think this would probably clear up some other sites that I previously may have thought were 'dead').

On 3/9/2021 at 4:50 AM, chris7r said:

Hey @binhex, Wondering if you can help me. I have had the delugeVPN working fine and still running fine with PIA(confirmed by setting up proxy on laptop and still getting VPN IP address). Jackett has been passed through delugeVPN container for quite a while and no issues until this past weekend where I am not sure what changed. My server for the most part is automated so I never really login other than to maybe sonarr/radarr to queue a download if something isnt automated.

I tried clearing the appdata files and starting fresh with Jackett but I am not sure what else to try. I am not sure why the GUI refuses to work now through the delugeVPN container. Any ideas?

On 6/1/2021 at 4:32 AM, binhex said:

most probably this is due to somebody who had previously used your currently allocated vpn ip spamming Nyaa, causing them to block that specific ip, you could try restarting the vpn container, this should give you a new ip and may (assuming nobody has abused that ip) get you through the block.