[Support] binhex - Jackett

I can't seem to add indexers to Jackett, when I search for one and hit the gear to configure it I get "Request to Jackett server failed".  It does generate a large error in the logs of which the first line is "System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError".

I am using Binhex-DelugeVpn container and configure Jackett to use it as well.  Thanks!

I can't seem to add indexers to Jackett, when I search for one and hit the gear to configure it I get "Request to Jackett server failed".  It does generate a large error in the logs of which the first line is "System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ProtocolError".

I am using Binhex-DelugeVpn container and configure Jackett to use it as well.  Thanks!
Post config

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I do notice you have different downloads folder.

Also if you remove that info does it work?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I removed the proxy from the settings and it still fails.  I know I have DelugeVPN set up correctly because my torrents are correctly downloading from my new IP.  I noticed that video doesn't mention Jackett at all, did I miss it?

1 hour ago, DavidAUK said:

I use a proxy with Jackett and have had problems adding trackers that are blocked by my ISP. Can you add any trackers?

My ISP doesn't block it as I can navigate there in my browser.

Some more strangeness.  I was able to add the tracker from a fresh install of the docker, but the second I added the proxy info back in it starting failing.  Adding to the confusion, when I removed the proxy info it STILL didn't work.  The proxy does work though, my Deluge is reporting the correct VPN IP...

Hello I have been having an issue updating the docker container for jackett and delugevpn both are having the same problem I click on the update text it appears to download and extract all but one of the downloads redoes the container and say completed when I click on done unraid reports the update has not been applied. i have attached a screenshot of the update process i have also tried the update all button in the unraid docker tab but get the same result i have restarted the server multiple times again this has had no effect. all other containers seem to update fine but these two. 

Can you advise away to fix this?

update Error.png

I use a proxy with Jackett and have had problems adding trackers that are blocked by my ISP. Can you add any trackers?
Some index sites will block IP addresses from known proxy and VPN providers so not all indexed sites can be accessed even with ISP restrictions bypassed.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, binhex said:

Some index sites will block IP addresses from known proxy and VPN providers so not all indexed sites can be accessed even with ISP restrictions bypassed.

I am able to access those sites using a browser and the same proxy, so I don't think that's it.

My hunch that it's an issue related to Jackett + proxy + CloudFlare.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, jvorn said:

My ISP doesn't block it as I can navigate there in my browser.

Some more strangeness.  I was able to add the tracker from a fresh install of the docker, but the second I added the proxy info back in it starting failing.  Adding to the confusion, when I removed the proxy info it STILL didn't work.  The proxy does work though, my Deluge is reporting the correct VPN IP...

It could be something related to CloudFlare, which I understand iptorrents recently added. I don't know too much about how CloudFlare works but it sometimes initiates a DDOS prevention page before sending you to the actual page. It looks like this. I believe Jackett is set up to handle them but perhaps there's an issue with CloudFlare in combination with a proxy?

Since CloudFlare DDOS page happens intermittently perhaps that's what's creating intermittent results. But I'm just guessing.

• 1 month later...

Getting this error after the last update. Have tried removing and readding the container

2019-03-21 18:12:14.674344 [info] System information Linux c57ea3329427 4.18.20-unRAID #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 11:38:16 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-03-21 18:12:14.697325 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-03-21 18:12:14.722696 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-03-21 18:12:14.797432 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-03-21 18:12:14.822565 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-03-21 18:12:14.845976 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-03-21 18:12:14,974 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/jackett.conf" during parsing
2019-03-21 18:12:14,974 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-03-21 18:12:14,976 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2019-03-21 18:12:15,977 INFO spawned: 'jackett' with pid 43
2019-03-21 18:12:15,978 INFO reaped unknown pid 9
2019-03-21 18:12:15,989 DEBG 'jackett' stderr output:
Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/jackett/JackettConsole.exe': No such file or directory.

2019-03-21 18:12:15,995 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22496759541632 for <Subprocess at 22496759936496 with name jackett in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-03-21 18:12:15,995 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22496759539760 for <Subprocess at 22496759936496 with name jackett in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-03-21 18:12:15,995 INFO exited: jackett (exit status 2; not expected)
2019-03-21 18:12:15,995 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-03-21 18:12:16,996 INFO spawned: 'jackett' with pid 47
2019-03-21 18:12:17,007 DEBG 'jackett' stderr output:
Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/jackett/JackettConsole.exe': No such file or directory.

Edited by Leondre

Is this now working? I use PIA SOCKS5 and Jackett connects once and then fails immediately after - 'Request to Jacket server failed'

Log - 03-26 08:26:02 Error System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.EstablishProxyTunnel(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at CloudFlareUtilities.ClearanceHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts) at Jackett.Common.Utils.Clients.HttpWebClientNetCore.Run(WebRequest webRequest) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Utils/Clients/HttpWebClientNetCore.cs:line 214 at Jackett.Common.Utils.Clients.WebClient.GetString(WebRequest request) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Utils/Clients/WebClient.cs:line 114 at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseWebIndexer.RequestStringWithCookies(String url, String cookieOverride, String referer, Dictionary`2 headers) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 445 at Jackett.Common.Indexers.IPTorrents.GetConfigurationForSetup() in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/IPTorrents.cs:line 147 at Jackett.Server.Controllers.IndexerApiController.Config() in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Server/Controllers/IndexerApiController.cs:line 79 at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfIActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeNextResourceFilter() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeFilterPipelineAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.StaticFiles.StaticFileMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) at Jackett.Server.Middleware.CustomExceptionHandler.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Server/Middleware/CustomExceptionHandler.cs:line 29

Edited by showstopper
6 hours ago, showstopper said:

Is this now working? I use PIA SOCKS5 and Jackett connects once and then fails immediately after - 'Request to Jacket server failed'

Log - 03-26 08:26:02 Error System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.EstablishProxyTunnel(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result() at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at CloudFlareUtilities.ClearanceHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts) at Jackett.Common.Utils.Clients.HttpWebClientNetCore.Run(WebRequest webRequest) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Utils/Clients/HttpWebClientNetCore.cs:line 214 at Jackett.Common.Utils.Clients.WebClient.GetString(WebRequest request) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Utils/Clients/WebClient.cs:line 114 at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseWebIndexer.RequestStringWithCookies(String url, String cookieOverride, String referer, Dictionary`2 headers) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 445 at Jackett.Common.Indexers.IPTorrents.GetConfigurationForSetup() in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/IPTorrents.cs:line 147 at Jackett.Server.Controllers.IndexerApiController.Config() in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Server/Controllers/IndexerApiController.cs:line 79 at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfIActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeNextResourceFilter() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeFilterPipelineAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.StaticFiles.StaticFileMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context) at Jackett.Server.Middleware.CustomExceptionHandler.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext) in /home/appveyor/projects/jackett/src/Jackett.Server/Middleware/CustomExceptionHandler.cs:line 29

yes it is working fine (i use it), ive never use PIA socks5 so cant comment on that but it may well be your issue.

edit - actually it looks like proxy support is currently broken in jackett, see here:-

https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/4862

Edited by binhex
5 hours ago, binhex said:

yes it is working fine (i use it), ive never use PIA socks5 so cant comment on that but it may well be your issue.

edit - actually it looks like proxy support is currently broken in jackett, see here:-

https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/issues/4862

Thanks for this. Is there a way that i can install an older docker version to get it working again do you know?