limetech

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc12a available

43 posts in this topic Last Reply

14 minutes ago, skoop said:

I have the same issue, Samsung 850 Pro.

So, just to clarify.... my 850 Pro is probably OK and not actually overheating all of the sudden... it never ran above 45ish prior to this update. Should I attempt to mitigate the error or wait until the update and just assume all is fine until then?

It's probably fine. The true temp is 100 minus whatever you see in the UI. So if the UI shows 65, the real temp is 35.

Just now, ljm42 said:

It's probably fine. The true temp is 100 minus whatever you see in the UI. So if the UI shows 65, the real temp is 35.

OK, all looks good then. 35 as per normal :)

I have the same issue with my Samsung EVO SSD. Its showing 75 degrees where used to show like 30.

10 minutes ago, JM2005 said:

I have the same issue with my Samsung EVO SSD. Its showing 75 degrees where used to show like 30.

Question is which is correct?  Hit with some heat and see if the temp goes up or down.  Prob will go down.  We're preparing -rc13 release to correct this.

• Like 1

This is why i suggested that they change it to a user selectable option. As there are too many scenarios now.

UnRaid Admins should be able to select a non-default SMART attribute per drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Samsung Cache Disk is showing 76 Celsius. I've put the server to sleep now....

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Add me to the list of  Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB owners who now has a 73C overheat warning.  Is there anything we can do in the meantime other than lift the heat thresholds to suppress the alerts?

My 2 SSD show high temp in Dashboard, but UD shows normal temp.

•  Samsung_SSD_840_EVO
  •  SAMSUNG_SSD_830

//Peter

Edited by peter_sm

I don't know if this is only related to rc12 but my dmesg gets filled with:

[  454.808118] ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20170531/exfield-427)
[  454.808125] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20170531/psparse-550)
[  454.808136] ACPI Exception: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Evaluating _PMM (20170531/power_meter-338)

Running on a HP Microserver Gen8

EDIT:

Just found reports in rc8 with this issue.

Edited by christofferm

4 minutes ago, christofferm said:

I don't know if this is only related to rc12 but my dmesg gets filled with:

[  454.808118] ACPI Error: SMBus/IPMI/GenericSerialBus write requires Buffer of length 66, found length 32 (20170531/exfield-427)
[  454.808125] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PMI0._PMM, AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT (20170531/psparse-550)
[  454.808136] ACPI Exception: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Evaluating _PMM (20170531/power_meter-338)

Running on a HP Microserver Gen8

See here.

38 minutes ago, John_M said:

See here.

Thanks John

Edit:

This only partially solved the issue.

Now I wont get error when running "sensors" manually but I still get the error every 10 seconds. Is there any new mechanism that tries to read ACPI interface?

Edited by christofferm

1 hour ago, christofferm said:

Thanks John

Edit:

This only partially solved the issue.

Now I wont get error when running "sensors" manually but I still get the error every 10 seconds. Is there any new mechanism that tries to read ACPI interface?

Solved: 

Had for some reason "acpi_power_meter" module loaded. When I removed this it all worked as expected.

Since this release my SSDs (not that hot in reality) are reporting as 68/69ºC ... and I can't bring up their normal SMART attributes.

smartctl correctly reports line 190 as 31ºC

smartctl -a /dev/sdf

190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0000   100   100   000    Old_age   Offline      -       31

temp2.png

temp1-edit.jpg

Another Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB temp reading error, both of mine now have a 74C overheat warning and never went over 30C before update.

Everybody who sees high temperatures (specifically on Samsung drives), it is a known issue and will be corrected in rc13.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

I have a Hitachi drive "HTS543232A7A384" showing as 75 on the dashboard but the smart attributes shows 25...

Same known issue.