DLNA server / MiniM

• 1 year later...
On 11/23/2017 at 6:59 PM, zonderling said:

I think Plex also supports DLNA so you can use any plex docker for your purpose.

The problem is that Plex is not good DLNA. It can't hadnle for avi and m2ts-files! :)

Is there other DLNA-server that can be installed on unRAID?

I don't need DLNA-server with transcoding - DLNA is needed just to share media files on my TV. Is it possible to solve via unRAID?

Thank you!

Edited by The_Immortal
  • 3 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 5:52 AM, steve1977 said:

Any advice how you got twonky to work?

It's a very long time ago, but I shall try...  (I have been playing with Twonly under Linux since 2007 and these day's I don't touch it since "it just works".  I current run 8.3 which is not the latest.) 

In the package of files that you would download from Twonky's web site there is a readme called "Linux-HowTo.txt" in the Linux builds that tells you how to set up and run it.  As part of this you need to modifiy some file permissions to make some of the files executable.  I install it into a folder on my cache drive called ".twonkymedia".  I use the old .foldername convention to stop te folder being moved by the mover routine every night.  All of the files and folders that make up Twonky sit in that folder.  Among them is an executable that is proved with Twonky called "twonkystarter".    Near the end of the "go" script that is run when you start up Unraid I have a line like this....

/mnt/cache/.twonkymedia/twonkystarter -inifile /mnt/cache/.twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini -appdata /mnt/cache/.twonkymedia/data
echo "FLAC server started"

In the simple case that is about it.  I actually have several separate copies on my cache drive, each in their own folder, each with their own configuration and each accessible from a web browser using a different port setting instead of the default port 9000 (it's all set up in the twonkymedia-server.ini file which is editable).  These days, you also need to have an account with Twonky's owners to allow the licence key to be authenticated.

Hope this helps a little.

Edited by S80_UK
Typo corrected