General Port/Forwarding Questions

Okay, I am not sure where to place this as I am having difficulty with this, and not sure where I would get the most help. (HOME PC and UNRAID are on the same home router)

I am trying to have Transmission on my unraid server setup. While the "general" setup is good and working, the problem I am running into is the following

Transmission on Unraid connects and downloads majority of the time, sometimes when there are less seeders it may not connect.

I then load the same torrent on my home PC, and it will download no problems. But still will not connect to the same peers in Transmission on the UNRAID server.

I have tried turning the unraid IP to DMZ to open every port, and still fails.

I test the "port" and see if its open on the unraid and transmission says it is.

So I tried the following: (Home PC = DMZ)

Load same torrents in transmisson on unraid, load same torrents in deluge on home pc, load same torrents in utorrent home PC.

Files will upload from Transmission (unraid) that do not upload from Deluge/uTorrent home PC, and files from Deluge and/or uTorrent (home pc) will upload that wont upload in Transmission.

uTorrent (home PC) seems to be the "highest" connectability.

So I have a feeling its a setting/port forwarding that I am overlooking. 

Can I get any help/ideas with this.

Ultimately I want to use unraid as I can keep the programs off my home PC and turn it off every now and then. 

Please refrain from setting unRAID IP to a DMZ. That will only invite more security issues - possible worst case for a home user - all files deleted/ransomed, then the unRAID server is used as a jumpbox to further compromise more stuff in your home network - including your router

That warning said. DMZ of unRAID for dockers won't work since docker containers by default only have the port that is mapped in the configuration as accessible from outside the host.

You probably should post diagnostics, that would show if you have some issues. (Just realized that you failed to mentioned how transmission is installed on unRAID)

I know DMZ for unraid is bad, which is why i just tested it.

I have transmission installed as a docker. Installed from LS application. 

I have tested a different port 51414 in transmission and it says "blocked" so I tried the port that it is mapped to 51413 and says "open".

But it feels like the connection to others is just---poorer---compared to my home PC.

Let me run/post a diagnostic...

EDIT:

So the bottom one 0ysdzO5.png

Is me adding a "new" TCP port into the config file. I Think this might be the solution. Will report back

tower-diagnostics-20171121-1548.zip

Edited by Nyghthawk