unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc14 available

1 hour ago, interwebtech said:

I've been in and out of the server all day. Just now Chrome warns me the SSL cert is expired.

I had the same issue.  Additionally, the Renew button was disabled. I had to look at the code to figure out it will only renew when "Use SSL/TLS" is set to "auto" and not "yes".  Is there a reason you can't renew when it is "yes"?  In my case I set it to auto and left it there.

Edited by ljm42
1 hour ago, interwebtech said:

I've been in and out of the server all day. Just now Chrome warns me the SSL cert is expired. I thought this was automatic?

It would appear there isn't enough padding on the expiration to handle PST time zone. I am going to manually renew.

Screenshot_1.png

new expiration: Mar 2 03:42:40 2018 GMT

Maybe this needs to auto renew 24-48 hours prior to expiration?

The Renew button enables if within 30 days of expiration.  At present this is not done automatically, you have to click the button.  We'll be adding an automatic cert expiration check, as well as auto dns update daemon before 6.4.0 'stable' is published.

5 hours ago, FredG89 said:

Sorry about that.

Weird because I can SSH to the server so it seems that port 445 is being blocked? I'm not sure what unRAID uses but I would assume that's what port my computer is trying to connect for SMB.

homesrv01-diagnostics-20171201-1906.zip

So this is weird. It works on my Ubuntu desktop using SMB but will not work from my Windows workstation. Even after a reboot.

38 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

I had the same issue.  Additionally, the Renew button was disabled. I had to look at the code to figure out it will only renew when "Use SSL/TLS" is set to "auto" and not "yes".  Is there a reason you can't renew when it is "yes"?  In my case I set it to auto and left it there.

Right, these controls might be a bit confusing (still a work in process).  Basically 'Auto' means "Lets Encrypt using SSL cert mode", that is, use SSL if a LE cert has been provisioned.  Renew is only possible with a LE cert.

The evolution of this setting was as follows.  At first there was only:

No - enable http only

Yes - enable https only, using self-signed certificate

We wanted to add another setting to light up the LE cert feature.  Perhaps we should change from:

No

Yes

Auto

to:

No

Yes with self-signed cert

Yes with LE cert

24 minutes ago, limetech said:

Right, these controls might be a bit confusing (still a work in process).  Basically 'Auto' means "Lets Encrypt using SSL cert mode", that is, use SSL if a LE cert has been provisioned.  Renew is only possible with a LE cert.

Thanks Tom.  Based on the help text, I thought auto just chose between yes/no automatically, I didn't realize it did more than that.

24 minutes ago, limetech said:

No

Yes with self-signed cert

Yes with LE cert

There is a fourth category of "yes with user-supplied cert". I guess that would work pretty much the same as "yes with self-signed cert" though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FredG89 said:

So this is weird. It works on my Ubuntu desktop using SMB but will not work from my Windows workstation. Even after a reboot.

Have you ever disabled any SMB2/3 related settings in Windows? Latest Samba disables NTLMv1 login by default, check if all your Windows SMB settings are default.

17 hours ago, limetech said:

Apparently the first run of Ryzen had some kind of issue which resulted in kernel segfaults (different than outright hangs), and you could RMA the chip and get a new one.  Maybe you have one of those early Ryzens?

How do I know if I have a bad Ryzen processor? I bought mine in late august 2017 so the processor had been available for almost 6 months at that point. I really don't want to RMA it and not have access to my server for a long period of time.

Just updated from latest 6.3.x stable to this by installing the plugin. All seems well with one exception;

I run my server UI on a custom port (:1080). When I booted this version, it had reverted to port 80.

I would have expected the update to respect my port settings.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, meep said:

Just updated from latest 6.3.x stable to this by installing the plugin. All seems well with one exception;

I run my server UI on a custom port (:1080). When I booted this version, it had reverted to port 80.

I would have expected the update to respect my port settings.

Thanks

Port selection isn't any longer done from the go file, instead see Settings -> Identification.

11 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Have you ever disabled any SMB2/3 related settings in Windows? Latest Samba disables NTLMv1 login by default, check if all your Windows SMB settings are default.

Looks like it's still enabled. Ugh, had an issue related to that at work. SMB v1 patch that was pushed caused an issue with people trying to print to networked printers. Embarrassing how long that took me to figure out.

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, JohanSF said:

How do I know if I have a bad Ryzen processor? I bought mine in late august 2017 so the processor had been available for almost 6 months at that point. I really don't want to RMA it and not have access to my server for a long period of time.

See this article for information about the particular issue for which AMD is offering replacements. The issue in question is an obscure one and if you suspect it affects your processor you'll have to run some tests on it to confirm. Each processor package has a date code laser etched onto the heat spreader. Week 25 seems to be the cut-off point.

• Like 1

Hi there, 

I was at RC9 with a Ryzen 1600 for the last month, and all was stable. But i updated on wednesday to rc14, and every night now it crashes. I don't have an extra monitor at the moment to actually see the log. What can i do?

Btw, i'm a complete newbie, so i might need an extra layer of explanation.

Thank you

Hi there, 

I was at RC9 with a Ryzen 1600 for the last month, and all was stable. But i updated on wednesday to rc14, and every night now it crashes. I don't have an extra monitor at the moment to actually see the log. What can i do?

Btw, i'm a complete newbie, so i might need an extra layer of explanation.

Thank you
https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/61129-ryzen-freezes/?do=findComment&comment=599763

If that doesn't work you can turn off C-states in your bios but at the cost of a little extra power usage. I have a 1600x.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 12/2/2017 at 1:39 AM, johnnie.black said:

I have not disabled any SMB versions and I have even ran commands in powershell to manually enable them just to make sure.

4 hours ago, FredG89 said:

I have not disabled any SMB versions and I have even ran commands in powershell to manually enable them just to make sure.

about fall creators update on win10 disabling smb1:

https://mspoweruser.com/to-prevent-next-wannacrypt-microsoft-will-remove-smbv1-file-sharing-in-next-version-of-windows-10/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+msftnws+(Microsoft+News)

how to re-enable it, from power shell do:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $true

for more information visit:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and

Edited by zoggy
1 hour ago, zoggy said:

Like I said in a previous post. I already made sure that SMB1 was enabled.

Capture.PNG

Edited by FredG89

Like I said in a previous post. I already made sure that SMB1 was enabled.

You don't need SMB1, unRAID defaults to SMB3, try again after starting unRAID in safe mode, if still unable to connect the problem is likely on the Windows side, a new Windows install using default settings should work without issues, try with another computer or borrow a friend's laptop.

OK, After comprehensive testing on my Ryzen CPU's here are the results:

Asus X370 pro + Ryzen 1700x on windows server no issues or crashes for 48 hours.

MSI X370 Gaming with a different Ryzen 1700x on FreeNAS 24 hours no crashes.

all normal shutdowns

currently running unRAID 6.3.5 stable on my older half broken board the Asus x79 Sabertooth and a 4930k 48 hours and counting.

unRAID 6.4 rc14 crashes on both AMD systems either when idling or at array starts with multiple different kernel panics. (one included in an earlier post.)

All 3 motherboards are running latest bios releases.

Now I'm awaiting the next unRAID with the next kernel release to test stability on inexpensive drives or the next AMD bios update.

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic