Docker Safe New Permissions command?

BartDG

Hi,

I want to use unBalance to give my disks some much needed breathing room after installing a new disk.    When I press "calculate", unBalance says:

• There are some permission issues with the folders/files you want to move
  • 12392 file(s)/folder(s) with an owner other than 'nobody'
  • 0 file(s)/folder(s) with a group other than 'users'
  • 6 folder(s) with a permission other than 'drwxrwxrwx'
  • 0 files(s) with a permission other than '-rw-rw-rw-' or '-r--r--r--'
  • You can find more details about which files have issues in the log file (/boot/logs/unbalance.log)
  • At this point, you can move the folders/files if you want, but be advised that it can cause errors in the operation
  • You are STRONGLY suggested to install the Fix Common Problems plugin, then run the Docker Safe New Permissions command

How can I fix this?  I installed the Fix Common Problems plugin, but it didn't find all that much.  I have no idea what the "Docker Safe New Permissions command" is.  Google is no help here.

Sorry, Linux newbie :$

Thanks!

• 2 years later...
On 11/25/2017 at 6:42 PM, BartDG said:

Ah, so simple! :$

Thx Squid!

Hello,
I have just started to use unBALANCED and had the exact same concern you did from your first post.

I received the following:
There are some permission issues with the folders/files you want to transfer

19 file(s)/folder(s) with an owner other than 'nobody'

0 file(s)/folder(s) with a group other than 'users'

0 folder(s) with a permission other than 'drwxrwxrwx'

0 files(s) with a permission other than '-rw-rw-rw-' or '-r--r--r--'

You can find more details about which files have issues in the log file (/boot/logs/unbalance.log)

At this point, you can transfer the folders/files if you want, but be advised that it can cause errors in the operation

You are STRONGLY suggested to install the Fix Common Problems plugin, then run the Docker Safe New Permissions command

I am currently looking at the "Docker Safe New Permissions command"

Once you ran this on your whole array, did everything clear up with unBALANCE. I want to be able to move data from /user/<sharename>  --> user/<newsharename>

docker safe.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I wish this command allowed you to select where to run it.
I have a failing drive and am trying to use UnBalance to move everything prior to removing it. Obviously, I want to do this asap, but this command won't let me run it on just that one drive!
I am also concerned that, despite it being "docker safe", some of my containers (POSTE in particular) may not be happy afterwards....

The genesis of this Tools was that for the longest time, the New Permissions tool only allowed you to run it against all disks or individual disks.  This would trash the appdata share since it would more than likely get included when you ran the tool.

Docker Safe Permissions runs against every share with the exception of appdata.  If you want to further narrow it down to specific disks or shares, then you run the New Permissions tools and double check that you're not inadvertently including appdata

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2022 at 9:39 AM, Squid said:

The genesis of this Tools was that for the longest time, the New Permissions tool only allowed you to run it against all disks or individual disks.  This would trash the appdata share since it would more than likely get included when you ran the tool.

Docker Safe Permissions runs against every share with the exception of appdata.  If you want to further narrow it down to specific disks or shares, then you run the New Permissions tools and double check that you're not inadvertently including appdata

Wow, sorry to necro this thread but... I was using a tutorial from youtube that I guess pre-dated the Docker Safe version, and just royally messed my appdata permissions up... no clue what to do. Made a support thread, fingers crossed.

Edited by stry8993
Made Support Thread of My Own (sorry for thread necro)
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, hope you can support me soonest possible.

I installed the "Fix Common Problems" plugin and then successfully ran "Docker Safe New Permissions" (reason is because Unbalancer stated that permissions were not set properly).

However, once landing back in the "Docker Safe New Permissions" GUI page, I clicked DONE, and now the UNRAID web interface does no longer work!

All file sharing works though.

Thanks for your support!