New themes - too much space between array lines

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Great work on 6.4. No problems upgrading and everything works right away.

I'm not sure it this had been addressed already, but virtually all new visual themes put too much spacing between lines of text. It is very evident on 'Main' page, where array disks take a lot of vertical space, because each disk is separated by a big gap.

Any way to change it or create compact theme?

thanks bonienl...

I personally prefer the amount of vertical spacing that the white theme uses under unRAID 6.3.5, too. The same theme under the 6.4 rcs does seem to use a lot more vertical padding. Not everyone uses a large high resolution monitor - I use a 13-inch MacBook Pro (1280 x 800 screen resolution) for my everyday browsing experience, for example.

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

Can you post a screenshot of your Main page?

Here's my server that's running 6.4.0-rc14:

5a1fd4075a67a_unRAID6.4.0-rc14.thumb.png.98723f21e8103ae02bb5e5273541503d.png

And here, for comparison, is another server that's running 6.3.5 with the same number of disks in the array and the same display settings:

5a1fd45f57b6d_unRAID6.3.5.thumb.png.a6f8ec32a2a30105d4b1974578622c0a.png

Notice how much more vertical white space is used by 6.4. There's also extra horizontal padding at the left and right edges but I don't mind that so much.

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

LOL. It isn't *that* bad. Made an adjustment which decreases line heights and omit left/right spacing for smaller screens.

You're right. It isn't that bad, which is why I didn't comment until I noticed someone else's objection first. Thanks for making the adjustment though.

8 hours ago, AndroidCat said:

Pretty bad looking here O.o

image.thumb.png.a1dce29851c2ec7ae67500e58c726e64.png

I have to agree that the spacing between lines in 6.4 does look to be too much in the azure/gray themes compared to the 6.3.5 black/white themes,  Based on the font size, there is just too must space between lines of text.  However, I do appreciate that the new GUI themes in 6.4 use all the horizontal real estate of my 1920x1200/1080 monitors instead of being limited to a fixed size. I know others have indicated a preference for a fixed size in the center of the monitor rather that using all the horizontal space especially on larger widescreen monitors.  Other than the line spacing, I really like the azure theme and that is what I use on my backup server running the 6.4 RC.

18 hours ago, BobPhoenix said:

I mentioned this is one of the beta threads a while back myself.  I definitely like the "Narrow" setting for "Table View Spacing" from 6.3.5 and earlier.

I've just tried the "Narrow" setting on my server that's running 6.3.5 and like it a lot. My screen grab above was with the "Normal" setting. It's a shame the "Table View Spacing" isn't adjustable in 6.4 where it's fixed at something similar to the "Wide" option of 6.3.5.

Just now, John_M said:

I've just tried the "Narrow" setting on my server that's running 6.3.5 and like it a lot. My screen grab above was with the "Normal" setting. It's a shame the "Table View Spacing" isn't adjustable in 6.4 where it's fixed at something similar to the "Wide" option of 6.3.5.

Completely agree!  It's not the only reason I downgraded back to 6.3.5 on the backup server I setup with 6.4 but it is one of them.