Optional GUI resolution

DieFalse

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 5:42 PM, bonienl said:

Are you using a locally attached console and boot up in GUI mode?

When using remote access, the screen resolution is determined by the PC or laptop in use.

Yes,  Locally attached monitor and keyboard/mouse.   I do not like working from a webgui from another machine (I have experienced many issues with my use from trying this, so I manage unraid directly).

I have similar issue, if using HDMI in GTX1050 display card, local GUI resolution would be 1024x768 (not remember BIOS screen resolution correct or not).

But if connect use DVI, then a normal 1080 could be output. The display card have 3 output, DVI, HDMI, DP.

I suggest you try a DVI connect first, i.e. DVI to HDMI cable.

Edited by Benson
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Benson said:

I have similar issue, if using HDMI in GTX1050 display card, local GUI resolution would be 1024x768 (not remember BIOS screen resolution correct or not).

But if connect use DVI, then a normal 1080 could be output. The display card have 3 output, DVI, HDMI, DP.

I suggest you try a DVI connect first, i.e. DVI to HDMI cable.

It's unraid settings / inability currently to adjust the resolution of the built-in boot gui.   This has nothing to do with cabling.

Interestingly enough, I’m on a 1060 using GUI mode, also stuck at 1024x768 on a 4K monitor.

HDMI and VGA are my only remaining options for connectivity.

Due to how I’m using the monitor on my win desktop, it doesn’t scale up so I have a tiny interface floating in the middle of the screen.

Okay, it makes absolutely no sense, but switching from HDMI to DVI worked for me.

I'm using a Zotac GeForce GT 710 (only thing I could find that's cheap, fanless, and fits in the x1 slot) and I've been stuck with a stretched-out, blurry, wrong-aspect-ratio 1024x768px resolution when accessing the GUI locally (using a 4k Sony TV as my monitor).

I tried everything I could find software-wise, even attempting to install drivers from Nvidia (never managed to get them installed), and couldn't get the resolution any better than 1024x768.

Just now, I swapped out the HDMI cable for a DVI cable with a DVI>HDMI adapter on the TV side, since the TV doesn't have DVI, and rebooted. The GUI came up at 1920x1080 (the terminal even looked like it was higher res before the GUI loaded). Running at actual 4k would have made things too tiny. 1080p is perfect. ?

If anyone understands *why* it works better with DVI than it did with HDMI, I'm all ears.

Good. I remember a post say could add a command in go file. It is about dont change resolution, but I havent try.

For my understanding, the issue not relate HDMI or DVI, it should relate primary / secondary port issue.

May be add a dummy plug would help.

https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Graphics-Display-Detection-VE-D11/dp/B00N85QYGS/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_s_pd_session_scf_0_14

Edited by Benson
On 5/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, Benson said:

Good. I remember a post say could add a command in go file. It is about dont change resolution, but I havent try.

For my understanding, the issue not relate HDMI or DVI, it should relate primary / secondary port issue.

May be add a dummy plug would help.

https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Graphics-Display-Detection-VE-D11/dp/B00N85QYGS/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_s_pd_session_scf_0_14

Ok,  I have now booted off DVI, HDMI, and Displayport.

HDMI

TV Says 1024x768

XRANDR

Screen 0: minimum 640 x 400, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768
default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       0.00*

DVI:

TV Says 1080p however resolution is still 1024x768

XRANDR

1024x768       0.00*

Displayport:

TV Says 1080p however resolution is still 1024x768

1024x768       0.00*

Strange.   I have ordered a dummy port for each hdmi, dvi, dp.    I will dummy both non-used ports and report when they come in.

I did switch from my current GPU to a RX560 and it boots into true 1080p from both DVI and HDMI,   since this card is not for this machine,  I had to pull it and go back to my card.

42:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]

Does problem GPU was Nvidia ? But you try all port and none of that work, this is different for our founding.

Anyway good to know AMD seems no such problem.

Waiting for the news from you does dummy plug will got magic.

Edited by Benson
  • 2 weeks later...