wake on lan not working properly with AOC-SASLP-MV8 card

hi everybody

first, i apologize, because it seems that half of the questions posted are be mine :)

it seems that i am an amateur but not amateur enough to be scared to experiment with stuff...

So, this is my problem:

some time ago, i was trying to allow my unraid server to go to sleep and wake up by the client. everything worked fine but at some point it stopped working well. my server would go to s3 (manually or by a script some minutes after spin down). it would also wake by a magic packet but it would not fully start (meaning that the machine would be turned on but there was no way i could access the server, neither by ssh/telnet, nor by the html interface).

i finally found out that the problem is caused by my only AOC-SASLP-MV8 card. if i remove it, everything works fine. i tried to change the bios settings of the mobo (it's a dual PCIe mobo with a graphics card stuck in one of the PCIe and the AOC-SASLP-MV8 stuck in the other) but it did not help. i tried to mess with the settings of the SAS card, even with the 'bios' settings of the network card but i found no solution. (trying disabling the INT13h setting of the SAS card did not help).

Has anybody encountered the same problem or can anybody think of a possible solution?

also, is anyone with this card using s3 sleep and wake on lan?

I have tried to do what you are doing and I have the card.  I could not put the system into S3 with the acpi sleep command.

I finally was able to do that with the s2ram process.  I could not get it to wake up on a WOL and I know the WOL is correct. I did not try it with the card pulled. I am using a Gigabyte board model GA-MA785GM-US2H

I ended up deciding why bother.  The disks will normally be spun down and I use so much electricity (Central FL large house mucho HVAC) in general so that the small usage of this processor is lost in the wind.

I have tried to do what you are doing and I have the card.  I could not put the system into S3 with the acpi sleep command.

I finally was able to do that with the s2ram process.  I could not get it to wake up on a WOL and I know the WOL is correct. I did not try it with the card pulled. I am using a Gigabyte board model GA-MA785GM-US2H

I ended up deciding why bother.  The disks will normally be spun down and I use so much electricity (Central FL large house mucho HVAC) in general so that the small usage of this processor is lost in the wind.

I, on the other hand want to avoid this extra power consumption (bear in mind that fans keep spinning when disks are spun down)

Anyway, i dont know if this helps you, in order for my server to go to sleep i had to do some BIOS tweaking (i guess you already tried it but i mention it just in case...).

I enabled suspend to S3 and also wake by PCI

this allows both sending to sleep and waking by magic packet, at least in my mobo.

Also, i enabled the g setting in my ethernet card, which allows it to wake by magic packets

• 6 years later...

So you got it succesffuly sleep and wake up with your saslp-mv8 card?

I, on the other hand want to avoid this extra power consumption (bear in mind that fans keep spinning when disks are spun down)

Anyway, i dont know if this helps you, in order for my server to go to sleep i had to do some BIOS tweaking (i guess you already tried it but i mention it just in case...).

I enabled suspend to S3 and also wake by PCI

this allows both sending to sleep and waking by magic packet, at least in my mobo.

Also, i enabled the g setting in my ethernet card, which allows it to wake by magic packets