Unraid Shares Disappear

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Those diagnostics are still showing you have user shares. Did you take them before stopping/starting? Seems unlikely that a container would cause this.

Just to make sure there isn't some misunderstanding, what are you looking at from putty that shows your user shares are gone?

These Diags were taken when the shares disappear (just after) When I login to the server using putty I can navigate everywhere (as normal) except when the shares are missing I cannot navigate to /mnt/user

After stopping/starting the array I can then access the shares again via network or putty.

One cause of user shares "breaking" is filesystem corruption, but nothing in your diagnostics suggests that. In fact, as mentioned, they don't even indicate your user shares are broken. When this happens, can you access each of your disks in putty?

Your syslog has messages that seem to indicate you have disabled ECC in BIOS. If so, why?

Not obviously related, but have you seen this?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Your syslog has messages that seem to indicate you have disabled ECC in BIOS. If so, why?

Hi,

This would have been disabled as standard as I certainly would not have disabled anything like that intentionally!  I will have a check in the bios and see what is happening when I next reboot.  Thank you!

I used tdarr to scan 60,000+ video files a few months ago and had my array disappear.  All the time before that and for the last few months my server is solid as a rock, never an issue, never a reason to restart it.  I installed a new version of tdarr a day or so ago and was forced to rescan those media files for it's database and during scanning I have had my array disappear 3-4 times.  It may be nothing to do with tdarr but a very big coincidence if it is not.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:24 PM, trurl said:

Just been thinking about this, My RAM is non-ecc so surely that is why it is disabled automatically in the bios but not sure why unraid would report that in the syslog?

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Same issue as this one, rebooting will fix it, not quite clear what the underlying cause is, possibly a fuser bug caused by mover/docker trying to access files that were already deleted/moved.

Thanks for the response, I can confirm that the mover was not running as that runs at 2am and finished around 6-7 hours ago.  Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this?  Thank you

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If it wasn't the mover it's likely some docker you're using, especially dockers that handle files, extract, rename, move, etc.

I guess there is no way of narrowing down from diagnostics?  I run 20+ dockers that do that 😞  I know I could stop dockers and re-enable them one at a time but seeing as this problem last occurred a month or so ago, It would be a nightmare to find it!

• 2 years later...