Issues with VM's Performance.

4 minutes ago, david279 said:

In Windows set the performance mode in power plan to high performance

Ok, thanks, got that one too.  Sounds like we're all on the same level.  Thanks.

Has anyone used Seabios vs OVMF?  I've personally never strayed from OVMF because it's tried and true but would be willing to test.

Just going through some VM config settings in my head to try when I get home.

Just now, thenonsense said:

Ok, thanks, got that one too.  Sounds like we're all on the same level.  Thanks.

Has anyone used Seabios vs OVMF?  I've personally never strayed from OVMF because it's tried and true but would be willing to test.

Just going through some VM config settings in my head to try when I get home.

I also have never differed from the norm, so unfortunately i cannot give any advice or experience with that.

8 hours ago, heratic said:

I had to switch to Seabios because OVMF stopped booting. I have Always found Seabios better for windows anyway

Interesting to know, if i do start to come across issues i may give that bios a shot, i assume all passthroughs ect work alright?

I am also trying to OC my system, i think i may have got it stable at 4.8Ghz with 1.225V. I think... Do you have any ways of telling if cores are running at that speed within unraid? Cheers

Edit: Nope, not stable lol, had it stressing for aprox 4-5 hours then jinxed it as i posted this.. damn, 1.28 it is then.

Edited by CoryShepherd
16 hours ago, CoryShepherd said:

Interesting to know, if i do start to come across issues i may give that bios a shot, i assume all passthroughs ect work alright?

I am also trying to OC my system, i think i may have got it stable at 4.8Ghz with 1.225V. I think... Do you have any ways of telling if cores are running at that speed within unraid? Cheers

Edit: Nope, not stable lol, had it stressing for aprox 4-5 hours then jinxed it as i posted this.. damn, 1.28 it is then.

i only stress test in bare metal windows. There's no way i would do it in unraid.