How to access files on another server with a docker (Plex_

Fpsware

I've been happily running a single unRaid server for a while now and its been a fantastic solution. 

I've recently expanded and added a second unRaid server. I have Tower1 and Tower2. 

Tower1 currently hosts all my media (TV, Movies, Music) and is running Plex. 

Tower2 is essentially are high powered box with very little storage. 

I'd like to run Plex on Tower2 but point it to my media on Tower1. I've tried the obvious and pointed the TV path to //tower1/media/tv but this doesn't work, no media is shown. If I try it the Windows way \\tower1\media\tv it results in the Plex docker being removed. 

Any suggestions please?

2 hours ago, Fpsware said:

I've been happily running a single unRaid server for a while now and its been a fantastic solution. 

I've recently expanded and added a second unRaid server. I have Tower1 and Tower2. 

Tower1 currently hosts all my media (TV, Movies, Music) and is running Plex. 

Tower2 is essentially are high powered box with very little storage. 

I'd like to run Plex on Tower2 but point it to my media on Tower1. I've tried the obvious and pointed the TV path to //tower1/media/tv but this doesn't work, no media is shown. If I try it the Windows way \\tower1\media\tv it results in the Plex docker being removed. 

Any suggestions please?

You could install the plugin Unassigned Devices on Tower2 and mount a share using SMB on Tower 1.

I am not using it for Plex myself, but it might work.

5a2e560616214_UDplugin.png.c5c734b7511dc0df470b500396ae9cf0.png

• Like 1