Multiple IPs and Default IPs for Bridge'd containers

Uirel

So i have potentially a specific usage case thats a bit odd. I'd like to setup some cache containers inside my network, steamcache, origin, windowsupdates so on. The implementation i'm using and am familiar with uses separate ips for each service, as i can bind an ip to each container this makes for a less resource hungry setup than spinning up a vm for each service.

I've setup all the containers and added extra ips to the br0 with (a few times for different ips)

ip addr add 192.168.1.240/24 dev br0

As such I can get everything working correctly.

However, when some of my conventional containers (plex and so on) get updated or generally restart, sometimes they'll bind to these new ips, rather than the default ip of the server where i'd like them to stay. If i try and set them to bind to the servers default ip the first will stick, the next will complain that that ip is already assigned.

Is assigning the cache containers via br0 the right way? should i make a new interface and assign the ips to that and hang those containers off of that interface? Will that stop the 'Bridge' containers attaching to the ips?