sonarr for tv, radarr for movies but what for games?

NewDisplayName

4 hours ago, unevent said:

Mastercard or Visa :D

WHAT! Are you implying that people should actually get PAID for their time? How DARE you. All computer media and software must be free because bits don't cost anything! I deserve all your knowledge and efforts for free, because I'm better than you. You are my SLAVE!

Omg. l2l (learn to life).

What about the salesmans everyday work? If the costumer is just taking advice (probably 60% of all customers) and then buy online/or at other store... you can say that about every job. AND (!!!!) if you do a good and usefull software, i guess its possible to get SOMETHING back from the community. Besides this, who says i wouldnt pay for a good piece of crap? Like i do so many times?

Why all people always think like "ohh, this only happens to me".

9 hours ago, nuhll said:

What about the salesmans everyday work? If the costumer is just taking advice (probably 60% of all customers) and then buy online/or at other store.

The salesman offers his advice freely, hoping to make a sale.

The software developer asks you to pay, but you make the choice to obtain it against his wishes. If the software developer releases an evaluation version for free and hopes you will buy the full version, it's wrong to take the full version without paying.

Life is much better when you follow the "golden rule", treat others as you wish to be treated.

Doesn't it feel good to be rewarded for work you have done?

I work 80% of time free. Hoping to get a sale. Like every salesman on the world. And i dont complain.

If i download a game/software and its good. Ill buy it, and all of my friends do.

But the companys today are scammers, so you NEED to test before.

Just 2 cents: x4 foundations, sim city 4

I dont want all for free. I pay what i use. And i think, the majority does it like this.

Best example was factorio, found it cracked, played it, saw that theres a full working test version on steam, installed this, removed cracked, after 1 sec of playin, bought and it was best game i every bought until today. Today i have played it 1000h, this is more then double the playtime of all my other games on steam together(!).

If there werent a cracked version, i would probably never tried/bought this game.

Edited by nuhll
19 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I work 80% of time free. Hoping to get a sale. Like every salesman on the world. And i dont complain.

That's your choice. You are making that decision for yourself.

You don't have the right to make that choice for others.

25 minutes ago, nuhll said:

But the companys today are scammers, so you NEED to test before.

Just because others lie, cheat, and steal doesn't make it right for you to do the same.

Not to put on the tin foil hat or anything, but a lot of unRAID is closed source and is obviously a platform to enable pirating of a multitude of things given the majority of the Dockers made available and advertised on this forum.  Wouldn't be far fetched to think LT has or will be contacted at some point to embed code and the users not know about it.  Just saying :D

8 minutes ago, unevent said:

obviously a platform to enable pirating

What you do with a platform is up to the user and has no bearing upon LT.  Same argument can be said that Windows is obviously a platform to enable pirating due to the multitude of apps available for it that enable pirating of media / software.

11 minutes ago, unevent said:

will be contacted at some point to embed code and the users not know about it.

Then contact your government and suggest that they stop with the secret courts, FISA warrants etc  And when your representative states that if you have nothing to hide and you shouldn't worry about it, then I'll supply you with my email address and you can have them send me their banking information, all passwords, email accounts etc.  Not that I want to do anything with it, but I'm simply just curious and wouldn't mind snooping around for a bit.  Because after all, there is nothing to hide so why shouldn't they let me in.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

What you do with a platform is up to the user and has no bearing upon LT.  Same argument can be said that Windows is obviously a platform to enable pirating due to the multitude of apps available for it that enable pirating of media / software.

I don't disagree there, it is just a platform as I said.  Take a step back - the enabling apps and the platform itself are on the same forum and integral to the official LimeTech user forum. Just an opinion based on the obvious given this thread's title, no need to start a holy war.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, nuhll said:

What u use for games/other?

Steam, a user share and a folder on my cache drive.

I'm too old, lazy, and have better things to do with my time then to find; verify clean; and cobble Windows executive to working order to save on something I can get for an On-sale price on Steam platform. Also, I don't have any news-net accounts, which most scrapers seem to utilize, so little point for me to trying one of these Dockers.  Steam is currently the only DRM platform I tolerate for personal use. 

Omg. Really???

Because all games offer test versions. And beacuse all games are released on steam. And because a review tell me anything about how i find the game.

"We used to have a policy on this forum to ban these kind of topics. For the exact reason @unevent mentions."

There are plenty free games/software out there u can download with e.g. nzbhydra.

Edited by nuhll

Read slower or read twice.

1) Steam was an example. But there are no games you are interested in that you haven't gotten interested in because of some kind of reviews. And there are hundreds of sites that offers forums where people write their comments about games.

2) I didn't write anything about games offering test versions. But a whole world have managed quite well even without test versions because of the very ample amount of information available through your favorite search engine.

3) How you find the game? You find people with the same taste as you that writes reviews. Then you follow their reviews. You can't steal a book and read just to figure out if you are going to like the book - you either take a chance, or you do your due diligence.

The seller has the right to upvote their products.

The buyer has the right to vote with the wallet and not buy.

But the buyer never has the right to steal.

How do you think you buy paint for painting the house? By stealing one bucket of 10 different brands and test for a couple of years before deciding on buying? In the physical world, you'll have to do your due diligence. Same in the digital world.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...