shane.stafford

Docker Error response :Address already in use

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

We are running a test setup of unRAID with MariaDB, Nextcloud, and Portainer as containers.  We have been working with 6.3.5 with good success but I wanted to test out the features of 6.4.rc17b so I could see setting up containers with different IP addresses for our environment.  I upgraded and rebooted unRAID and when I clicked on the Docker tab it showed my 3 containers with updates on each of them.  I updated MariaDB and Nextcloud but Nextcloud will no longer start. 

I rebooted the unRAID server.

Stopped other containers.

Reinstalled Nextcloud.

Removed and reinstalled Nextcloud.

upon the reinstallation I get this following error...

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="nextcloud" --net="br0" --ip="192.168.1.101" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_443"="443" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud2/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud":"/config":rw linuxserver/nextcloud

2362118d27c9c12fa4ab51d92ad970121497e3ccaa983149830267a1574ed280
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Address already in use.
The command failed.

Previous to this error message when I would try to just START the Nextcloud container I would receive a different error...

time="2017-12-19T14:30:25.920387364-06:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /containers/7de70fb44468/start returned error: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nextcloud (cee2b3880623720d10777ca025b3a6d26fb7e4c415137f6195e7e17c14d0866f): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:443: bind: address already in use"

Seeing that it stated the "address already in use" I attempted to assign a static IP thinking that was the hiccup but the static IP didn't change anything.

We are getting ready to build a production server for unRAID and Nextcloud.  I could just wipe my current test and start over again but the bottom line is that I really want to get some more familiarity with unRAID and troubleshoot issues before we move into production in 2018.  Anyone have some wisdom on where I should start to troubleshoot this?  We have zero critical data in this environment at all so I am free to try anything to troubleshoot it.

I have attached Diagnostics in case they could shed in light on the issue.

unraid910-diagnostics-20171220-1013.zip

It's probably because the Unraid webui can be served over 443 now, have you enabled that?

That would stop Nextcloud from working.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk