change cache pool from raid1 to raid0

4 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

You should probably be reading this:

https://wiki.lime-technology.com/UnRAID_6_2/Storage_Management#Cache_pool_operations

You can also find it be clicking on the "Manual" button on the bottom toolbar at the far right side.

thanks. so i understand my cache pool is running in btrfs RAID 1. i do not need raid 1. can you tell me how can i change it to raid 0 or even set them up as separate drives. i am still a beginner when it comes to raids. my goal is to utilize full space

I am sorry but I don't know if that is possible.  I would suggest that you change the topic of this thread to reflect that fact that you want a RAID0 type setup rather than RAID1.  You can do this by editing your first post. (You should add this to the end of the original subject so that anyone who is been looking at this thread is aware of the change in focus.) 

Edited by Frank1940
  • 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, ars92 said:

Not to resurrect an old thread but i had to go to CLI and run below for into work on 6.5.1. The command ran on GUI didnt do anything for some reason

Btrfs balance start -dconvert=raid0 -mconvert=raid1 /mnt/cache

Most likely a copy/past issue, looks like it's happening to some users where the an additional or invalid character is pasted and so it doesn't work.

26 minutes ago, ars92 said:

Not to resurrect an old thread but i had to go to CLI and run below for into work on 6.5.1. The command ran on GUI didnt do anything for some reason

Btrfs balance start -dconvert=raid0 -mconvert=raid1 /mnt/cache

Watch out for copy/paste from Windows bringing a carriage-return character that merges with "/mnt/cache" and have btrfs complain.

And next thing - the command is named "btrfs" and not "Btrfs" - Linux is case-sensitive.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, pwm said:

Watch out for copy/paste from Windows bringing a carriage-return character that merges with "/mnt/cache" and have btrfs complain.

And next thing - the command is named "btrfs" and not "Btrfs" - Linux is case-sensitive.

The capital B was actually due to me typing  that using my phone which auto corrected it :)

Would be nice if it errored out rather than just refreshing the page without any prompts though….

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, johnnie.black said:

Most likely a copy/past issue, looks like it's happening to some users where the an additional or invalid character is pasted and so it doesn't work.

Could be...as I noticed an extra space on the statement I copied  from your other post, but even removing that did the same thing. I could have tried just retyping from scratch in GUI though, which I didn't.