[Unraid-6.3.5] High load (50+) when copying large files from one share to another

Hi,

I'm having an issue when large files (10GB+) are copied from one share (/downloads, use cache=yes) to another (/shared, use cache=yes). This is usually done by a cp script in rutorrent or when Sonarr is importing files, these are both running in seperate dockers.

Doing this often causes extremely high load for a short while and all other services on the machine become temporarily unresponsive. Once the load has dropped again if I try to interaction with docker containers (start, stop, restart etc) the commands fail.

I noticed lots of memory issues in the syslog but I'm not 100% sure what is running out of memory? Docker as a whole or a specific container? 

Diagnostics attached.

Thanks

alphav2-diagnostics-20171228-1135.zip

Edited by Phoenix26
On 28/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, johnnie.black said:

Thank you, this server did originally only have 8gb of RAM and was upgraded to 32gb so this matches what others have mentioned in that thread.

I've updated..

vm.dirty_background_ratio from 10 to 1

vm.dirty_ratio from 20 to 2

Will see what difference this make.

EDIT: Since making these changes the server has been much more stable! Thanks again.

Edited by Phoenix26
Provided update