limetech

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc18f available

94 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just noticed that when you create a new share its says share deleted in error.

11 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Just noticed that when you create a new share its says share deleted in error.

Whitelist the GUI if you have an adblocker running and/or exclude the GUI from an anti-virus program.

i found a solution if u want to convert ur seabios into ovmf 

Updated my main server (hardware as sig) from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0-rc18f.  No issues at all.  I like that the web UI is so much more responsive, especially.  OK, so I am not doing clever stuff, not even using Docker at the moment, but I felt that the confidence expressed in previous posts was sufficient that I should take the plunge.  I'm leaving the backup server on 6.3.5 for a while, probably until after 6.4 becomes a stable release. Thanks @limetech for the work done on this.

System - Supermicro X7DBE+ (2) Xeon L5420 2.5ghz Quad Core / 64gb Ram

Installed NIC - MNPA19-XTR HP 10GB MELLANOX CONNECTX-2

Really like the GUI so far. Test server upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0-rc18f. I only notice a few things somewhat strange. Dashboard/System Status/Load Statistics neither the Per CPU Load nor the Avg. CPU Load seem to be functional. Per CPU load and Network both have a red (*) asterisk next to them. All in all it does not effect my performance at all, just something i noticed.

2 hours ago, sentein said:

. Dashboard/System Status/Load Statistics neither the Per CPU Load nor the Avg. CPU Load seem to be functional. Per CPU load and Network both have a red (*) asterisk next to them. 

You need to click on the name to the left of the red asterisk to enable the display that you are missing...

Wow, really looking forward to this.  really dumb question, where do i download?

21 minutes ago, waveworm said:

Wow, really looking forward to this.  really dumb question, where do i download?

See this thread - you need to install a small plug-in.

It took me a while to find it too...

Edited by S80_UK

On 12/29/2017 at 7:08 AM, dlandon said:

I have s situation where my eth1 NIC has gotten hung.  I saw this on 17b also.

Dec 28 16:18:38 MediaServer kernel: veth7c17111: renamed from eth0
Dec 28 16:19:33 MediaServer kernel: eth0: renamed from veth9348bc7
Dec 28 16:19:33 MediaServer kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
Dec 28 16:22:47 MediaServer emhttpd: req (1): csrf_token=****************&title=System+Log&cmd=%2FwebGui%2Fscripts%2Ftail_log&arg1=syslog
Dec 28 16:22:47 MediaServer emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/tail_log syslog
Dec 28 16:38:05 MediaServer kernel: veth9348bc7: renamed from eth0
Dec 28 16:38:52 MediaServer kernel: eth0: renamed from veth108c16a
Dec 28 16:38:52 MediaServer kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth1: Detected Hardware Unit Hang:
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  TDH                  <1a>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  TDT                  <60>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  next_to_use          <60>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  next_to_clean        <19>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: buffer_info[next_to_clean]:
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  time_stamp           <1002e2a1d>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  next_to_watch        <1a>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  jiffies              <1002e3300>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel:  next_to_watch.status <0>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: MAC Status             <80083>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: PHY Status             <796d>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: PHY 1000BASE-T Status  <3800>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: PHY Extended Status    <3000>
Dec 28 16:57:24 MediaServer kernel: PCI Status             <10>

I have eth0 and eth1 bonded and set for transmit load balance.  It only happened once so far after the reboot for 18f.  Seems to have occurred after VMs were started.

mediaserver-diagnostics-20171229-0701.zip

It seems something has changed in the bonding of NICs in Linux.  I continued to have these errors when doing large file copies.  I switched to active load balance and it seems to have gone away.

15 hours ago, S80_UK said:

You need to click on the name to the left of the red asterisk to enable the display that you are missing...

Clicking on the name to the left of the red asterisk only unfold or folds up the 8 individual CPU or the 8 individual network connections (7 physical ports and lo). The functionality of the graphs attached to each CPU are still inoperable. The Network area of the display seems to working properly but still has the asterisk. Also in the network settings area i only show 3 network interfaces/MAC in the Interface Rules. All 7 of my Ethernet Port show up above this section. My thought was each port & MAC address would have a value in the Interface Rules area. Also since adding 2 cards to my system last night the MAC addresses do not correlate properly with the eth0-eth2 that is displayed. eth0-eth6 are correct as far as i can tell on the dashboard. Like i said once i know the problems i can easily adjust and does not effect performance. Just letting someone know about the wonky stuff.

Just a little thing but when you collapse "Per CPU Load" there's no comma between 0 and 1.

14 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Just a little thing but when you collapse "Per CPU Load" there's no comma between 0 and 1.

Ha i thought i was the only one to see that.^^^^^

Been running the 6.4.0rc18 now for about 5 days, and had no issues. 

Really loving the gui not hanging when waiting for docker!

Upgraded from 6.3.5 this morning, its working like it should. Good Job LT Team.

Like:

• Much more responsive Frontend
  • Webterminal, great idea
  • Docker option for own ip per container
  • Nice new Themes
  • No problems on update, duh... ;-)

Bug Report:

• With Firefox 57.0.3 (64-bit) on Win 10 i cant insert from the system clipboard (or i dont know how)
  • Got this on first boot: " Tower root: error: /plugins/advanced.buttons/AdvancedButtons.php: wrong csrf_tokenTHX to Squid:

Improvement Idea:

• Include docker-compose (maybe just under the hood right now), i see more and more docker git repos for the heavy duty stuff (on the corresponding forum thread is no official reply for 2 years....)
  • The Azure Theme has a lot of buttons, which is annoying as i even have to scroll on a 1080p screen (not all a standard unraid, like the stats plugin). Can you group them?
  • The Azure symbols for settings and tools are too interchangeable because i have seen both used for settings, is there maybe a better alternative?
  • VM Templates a great idea, maybe you can update the libre- / openelec ones to a more recent version?

Edited by xxlbug
More ideas, solution for error by squid
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sentein said:

The functionality of the graphs attached to each CPU are still inoperable

I'm guessing you are using Safari? It does not support authenticated websockets, which are used heavily in the webgui.  Try Firefox or Chrome.

3 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

I'm guessing you are using Safari? It does not support authenticated websockets, which are used heavily in the webgui.  Try Firefox or Chrome.

I have never used Safari. Currently using Firefox on all my machines and mobiles.

I have never used Safari. Currently using Firefox on all my machines and mobiles.
Hmm, I don't think anybody else has reported that on Firefox. Try whitelisting the url in any ad blockers or antivirus you might be running?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Hmm, I don't think anybody else has reported that on Firefox. Try whitelisting the url in any ad blockers or antivirus you might be running?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Well there are no ad blockers or antivirus implimented. Maybe i am missing a driver now. It all worked before the upgrade.