Mover makes everything very slow

Heciruam

Hello,

I am having a rough time with the mover.

When the mover is running Unraid becomes very slow to a point where I have to wait 5-15 minutes for the webUI to become available and it takes the same amount of time for any action there. The Docker aer basically unreachable. 

The mover also seems to not move the files over. I had to hard reset this morning because the mover didnt seem to work after 12+ hours. Today I started the mover manualy and I have the same experience again.

I have no idea on how to pin point the problem. I pulled the diagnostics logs and will attach them here.

How can I fix this?

Thank you

server diagnostics-20171229-2209.zip

Edit: 

Shortly after this post the WebUI and everthing else became responsive with the server message:

unRAID Cache disk message: 29-12-2017 22:10
Notice [Server] - Cache disk returned to normal utilization level

So I am guessing unRaid doesn't like high cache utilization.

Edited by Heciruam

Yes I could write directly to the protected storage. I probably also wouldn't mind the "longer" transfer.

I'm just confused. What do you mean by files that are open? Are you guys not using your cache and if you use the mover, does your system also become unusable slow?

Edit:

For now I disabled cache. Maybe once 6.4 will be released, I will try if that will fix anything.

Edited by Heciruam