[Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - airsonic

24 minutes ago, rjlan said:

I was hoping I could some help on using mariadb for the database. I got everything setup with maria but it I need to add arguments to the startup command but I'm not familiar with how to do that with docker. Thanks

It's not something we support, so it's on your own risk.

You have to follow the airsonic documentation and then figure out how to do it in a container.

• 3 months later...

I've checked here and the linuxserver.io docs, and I can't see exactly what the media path is for.  I don't plan on a reverse proxy to it anytime soon, and i just want it to host music and playlists. 

So I'd like to remove the Media & Podcast paths, and the CONTEXT_MENU assuming that wont cause any issues with how its built inside?

On 4/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, alexdodd said:

I've checked here and the linuxserver.io docs, and I can't see exactly what the media path is for.  I don't plan on a reverse proxy to it anytime soon, and i just want it to host music and playlists. 

From those same docs:

docker create \
  --name=airsonic \
  -e PUID=1000 \
  -e PGID=1000 \
  -e TZ=Europe/London \
  -e CONTEXT_PATH=<URL_BASE> `#optional` \
  -e JAVA_OPTS=<options> `#optional` \
  -p 4040:4040 \
  -v </path/to/config>:/config \
  -v </path/to/music>:/music \
  -v </path/to/playlists>:/playlists \
  -v </path/to/podcasts>:/podcasts \
  -v </path/to/other media>:/media `#optional` \
  --device /dev/snd:/dev/snd `#optional` \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  linuxserver/airsonic

So, as you can see, the media path is optional

Why does the URL for the WebUI contain "/airsonic"?

i.e.

http://192.168.1.10:4040/airsonic

Is there a way to configure Airsonic to eliminate the need for the path? No other docker container I use has this requirement. It would be nice to be able eliminate it. Seems redundant when I access Airsonic through my reverse proxy with:

http://airsonic.mydomain.com/airsonic

4 hours ago, huladaddy said:

Why does the URL for the WebUI contain "/airsonic"?

i.e.

http://192.168.1.10:4040/airsonic

Is there a way to configure Airsonic to eliminate the need for the path? No other docker container I use has this requirement. It would be nice to be able eliminate it. Seems redundant when I access Airsonic through my reverse proxy with:

http://airsonic.mydomain.com/airsonic

You can remove the CONTEXT_PATH variable and you don't have to use /airsonic. I don't know why it was set like that when the template was made. Probably to use it in subfolder reverse proxy.

You also have to remove the template address so the CONTEXT_PATH field isn't reset each time you update the container. That is a "feature" in the docker implementation in unraid. If I remember correctly you have to enable authoring mode to remove the template address.

I have to check if we can remove it now and not affect current users.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having some difficulties getting the DLNA portion of this to work, and can't for the life of me figure it out

The networking mode for the docker is set to host, with ports 1900, 4040, and 4041 mapped, and I have disabled my plex docker while testing.

DLNA is enabled in Airsonic, and I can even see Airsonic on my DLNA device. When I navigate to the airsonic server on my device I can browse by artist and album etc, and can see all of the artists and albums fine, but when I click on an actual artist to view songs the DLNA device does not retrieve anything, just get stuck with a loading symbol. Seems so strange that it lists all of the artist names but then I can't browse any further.

I get the following in the airsonic logs:

2020-05-01 19:56:17.682 INFO --- o.a.player.service.UPnPService : Starting UPnP service...
2020-05-01 19:56:17.800 INFO --- o.a.player.service.UPnPService : Successfully started UPnP service on port 4041!
2020-05-01 19:56:17.862 INFO --- o.a.player.service.UPnPService : Enabling UPnP/DLNA media server
2020-05-01 19:56:20.303 INFO --- org.airsonic.player.Application : Started Application in 37.866 seconds (JVM running for 40.616)
2020-05-01 19:56:20.303 INFO --- org.airsonic.player.Application : Started Application in 37.866 seconds (JVM running for 40.616)

And when I start browsing I get:

2020-05-01 19:57:27.043 INFO --- o.a.p.s.u.DispatchingContentDirectory : UPnP request - objectId: 0, browseFlag: BrowseDirectChildren, filter: *, firstResult: 0, maxResults: 30
2020-05-01 19:57:27.043 INFO --- o.a.p.s.u.DispatchingContentDirectory : UPnP request - objectId: 0, browseFlag: BrowseDirectChildren, filter: *, firstResult: 0, maxResults: 30
2020-05-01 19:57:31.220 INFO --- o.a.p.s.u.DispatchingContentDirectory : UPnP request - objectId: artist, browseFlag: BrowseDirectChildren, filter: *, firstResult: 0, maxResults: 30
2020-05-01 19:57:31.220 INFO --- o.a.p.s.u.DispatchingContentDirectory : UPnP request - objectId: artist, browseFlag: BrowseDirectChildren, filter: *, firstResult: 0, maxResults: 30

Then I browse to an artist but the DLNA device won't load any further, but the following is all I get in the logs:

2020-05-01 19:57:37.987 INFO --- o.a.p.s.u.DispatchingContentDirectory : UPnP request - objectId: artist-119, browseFlag: BrowseDirectChildren, filter: *, firstResult: 0, maxResults: 30

Has anyone encountered this before? It feels like I am so close!

I was using plex with DLNA with no issues but frustratingly it doesn't support playlists

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, after a recent update I seem to be having a issue with starting the container. See docker run below.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='airsonic' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'JAVA_OPTS'='-Xms256m -Xmx512m' -p '4040:4040/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/media/music':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/playlists':'/playlists':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/podcasts':'/podcasts':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/airsonic':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/airsonic'

7340ed86613a0df79c162d0d0fc75a7a52bfa3f7b4ff5ad76db0ca7e2c300ad2
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint airsonic (801aca2c85961c65650474f2fcc3b83d5011fed771219d8e72f9cba994d40b42): Bind for 0.0.0.0:4040 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

Interestingly, Airsonic is the only container that uses port 4040. I have been happily using this container trouble free for a while, so I'm not sure what has started causing this.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, BadCo. said:

Hi, after a recent update I seem to be having a issue with starting the container. See docker run below.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='airsonic' --net='proxynet' -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'JAVA_OPTS'='-Xms256m -Xmx512m' -p '4040:4040/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/media/music':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/playlists':'/playlists':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/podcasts':'/podcasts':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/airsonic':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/airsonic'

7340ed86613a0df79c162d0d0fc75a7a52bfa3f7b4ff5ad76db0ca7e2c300ad2
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint airsonic (801aca2c85961c65650474f2fcc3b83d5011fed771219d8e72f9cba994d40b42): Bind for 0.0.0.0:4040 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

Interestingly, Airsonic is the only container that uses port 4040. I have been happily using this container trouble free for a while, so I'm not sure what has started causing this.

Any ideas?

What do you see if you go in the template and click on the show docker allocations text? Is there any other containers using that port?

59 minutes ago, saarg said:

What do you see if you go in the template and click on the show docker allocations text? Is there any other containers using that port?

Nope, only airsonic is using 4040.

The container starts fine if I changed the port to 4041. But now my subdomain doesn't work.

Also I am using the Linuxserver Letsencrypt container for reverse proxy.

22 minutes ago, BadCo. said:

Nope, only airsonic is using 4040.

The container starts fine if I changed the port to 4041. But now my subdomain doesn't work.

Also I am using the Linuxserver Letsencrypt container for reverse proxy.

Something else is using port 4040 and you have to figure out what.

It doesn't make sense that the reverse proxy stops working if you change the host port to 4041 as letsencrypt use the proxynet  network bridge and use the container port to communicate, so still 4040. Make sure the context path isn't added again, as that will make the reverse proff not work

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 11:41 PM, saarg said:

Something else is using port 4040 and you have to figure out what.

It doesn't make sense that the reverse proxy stops working if you change the host port to 4041 as letsencrypt use the proxynet  network bridge and use the container port to communicate, so still 4040. Make sure the context path isn't added again, as that will make the reverse proff not work

Fixed it by deleting the docker network file, had to remake my docker networks though.

Apparently this is a known issue that goes back a few years and occasionally pops up.

• 3 months later...

has anyone ever gotten  jukebox mode to work on unraid     i did the docs  and changed java line added  --device /dev/snd    but then it bricks airsonic to run...  and the other 2 airsonic dockers in Community apps dont even install   one fails and other always hangs  to get the files..

but i wanted jukebox mode to work and to be able to stream live radio station and nothings ever worked on here

i wanted something like raspberry pi  and mpd client on my cell  i can control..

anyone ever get jukebox mode to work.. and if not  is there another docker that works

57 minutes ago, comet424 said:

has anyone ever gotten  jukebox mode to work on unraid     i did the docs  and changed java line added  --device /dev/snd    but then it bricks airsonic to run...  and the other 2 airsonic dockers in Community apps dont even install   one fails and other always hangs  to get the files..

but i wanted jukebox mode to work and to be able to stream live radio station and nothings ever worked on here

i wanted something like raspberry pi  and mpd client on my cell  i can control..

anyone ever get jukebox mode to work.. and if not  is there another docker that works

Have you installed drivers for your soundcard? Most likely you have not done this in unraid.

23 minutes ago, saarg said:

Have you installed drivers for your soundcard? Most likely you have not done this in unraid.

never heard of drivers for unraid  except for temperature  issues and the x570 boards..

what drivers  where u get that

and i have audio for windows VMs  but nothing for audio for Dockers  i googled it  didnt find anything

Edited by comet424
21 hours ago, comet424 said:

never heard of drivers for unraid  except for temperature  issues and the x570 boards..

what drivers  where u get that

and i have audio for windows VMs  but nothing for audio for Dockers  i googled it  didnt find anything

Just from that reply I can say that is not for you. You need to compile the drivers yourself and install them and package them into unraid so they get loaded after a restart. And after you update unraid you have to do it again.

5 minutes ago, saarg said:

Just from that reply I can say that is not for you. You need to compile the drivers yourself and install them and package them into unraid so they get loaded after a restart. And after you update unraid you have to do it again.

oh ic thats why you guys commented in 2016  that its a pain.. you think  in 4 yrs  of your guys post  they would have fixed that issue..

thats a pain..   you think  you could just install     apt get install soundcard      something like that

as trying to do VMS like ubunutu has sound card drivers    so  they install be nice to see unraid install them too

but i having issues   running VM  of ubuntu  and MPD  sonna  isnt working right and it just crashes  and i running latest  ubunut  and i didnt see a airsonic  to run under ubunutu  and neither run under windows... as i have a couple windows server vms running..

and not all streaming servers stream  to the local  computer..  they only stream to other devices which is a pain in the ass...   and i dunno  if i can run  Raspberry pi  VM under unraid

i asked in the future features  maybe they could add sound card drivers to unraid  for there next release whenever that is

On 4/23/2020 at 6:53 PM, saarg said:

You can remove the CONTEXT_PATH variable and you don't have to use /airsonic. I don't know why it was set like that when the template was made. Probably to use it in subfolder reverse proxy.

You also have to remove the template address so the CONTEXT_PATH field isn't reset each time you update the container. That is a "feature" in the docker implementation in unraid. If I remember correctly you have to enable authoring mode to remove the template address.

I have to check if we can remove it now and not affect current users.

Just a small point for the template explanation of the CONTEXT_PATH - I had to delete it to get the subdomain working with the linuxserver SWAG container templates. Might be good to add in the tooltip part.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, ng_bg_sin said:

Just a small point for the template explanation of the CONTEXT_PATH - I had to delete it to get the subdomain working with the linuxserver SWAG container templates. Might be good to add in the tooltip part.

Thanks for that! It fixed my problem accessing from 'outside'.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

On 7/15/2021 at 8:22 PM, ptchernegovski said:

Hi,

Have this installed now, and just trying to set up the reverse proxy for it.
When I got to the address I made, or try to use the IP address for it, I get this screen.
Is there a setting in I am missing possibly?
I am using swag, and cloudflare for reverse proxyb32f886ebc0fc8275b87641d6fd0d339.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

i have the same problem, for me its solved removing the variable CONTEXT_PATH in docker properties, before this to acess the airsonic page you need to only type https://yourairsonic.domain, not need the /airsonic before the domain

Edited by Erik1erik1
  • 1 month later...

Hi - I'm trying to get sharing to work. Where is /ext/share/ ?

Clicking "Share" under "More options" generates a link <web.address>/ext/share/<Java key>, but this goes to a "Sorry, the content is not available" page, and clicking "Manage Shared Media" goes to an empty list.  I'm wondering if this directory or a pointer to it is missing.

I remember using this feature in Subsonic - did I miss something in the setup...?

Thanks

On 3/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, malebron said:

Hi - I'm trying to get sharing to work. Where is /ext/share/ ?

Clicking "Share" under "More options" generates a link <web.address>/ext/share/<Java key>, but this goes to a "Sorry, the content is not available" page, and clicking "Manage Shared Media" goes to an empty list.  I'm wondering if this directory or a pointer to it is missing.

I remember using this feature in Subsonic - did I miss something in the setup...?

Thanks

UPDATE: I fired up mu old server to see how it worked on Subsonic.

The Subsonic webplayer has a "share" icon (along with fullscreen, new window, play and download). This generates a link which shows up under "manage my shared media".

The Airsonic player does not. I can see CC, volume, fullscreen and quality choosers. (also no download?!). The only share function I can see is for "play queue" - which appears to do nothing.

Where does the share function live now?

Thanks!

• linuxserver.io changed the title to [Deprecated] Linuxserver.io - airsonic