6.3.5 Extremely Slow Parity Check

So my server has been running for over a year now without any issue.  Yesterday it started doing its monthly parity check and it was running extremely slow.  Said it was going to take 62 days to complete the check and only running at 750 Kbs.  In the past this check has only taken ~9 hours.  When looking at the logs here are the errors I am getting during the parity check. Are one of my disk going bad or is my controller card going  bad?  I am using the SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 card for my drives.  I have had 0 issues until yesterday.  thanks

Parity Check Error.png

MainsTab.png

dms-diagnostics-20180102-1323.zip

Edited by damato300x7
Added files

Also, after you get back to being stable, I'd consider removing 3 or 4 of those empty drives. No point in running up hours on drives you aren't using. Keep in mind that even empty drives are needed to do a recovery if a drive fails, so you are  increasing your failure points without really needing to at this point.

You would be better served keeping those drives ready on the shelf to replace a failed drive, or adding them back one at a time when you actually are ready to use the space.

All this assumes you have good backups already in place, if not, it's criminal to have those empty drives in the array instead of using them for offline backup.

FYI, current versions of unRAID don't necessarily get along well with the Supermicro AOC-SASLP.  Some people have no problems, but others have had to replace them.  The hardware is probably fine, the issue is with the Marvel drivers.  In my case I had most of my instability when I had drives split across the motherboard and SAS2LP,  but I continued to have some issues even with all drives on the Supermicro card.  Hopefully you will be fine - but if not the recommendation is to replace with an LSI based card.  Hopefully you'll be one of the people who is fine.

yeah I've had this card in since February and had no issue.  Then I had this issue yesterday which was not the card I guess something is wrong with the motherboard sata ports.  All drives are now on the card and working great again.  Not saying that I won't upgrade at some point.  But working good right now.  Thanks for the heads up about the card.