Removing Cache data

As i was setting up open vpn I did have scrambled something on the settings and i want to start afresh but the problem is that even if i remove and load it again in the apps menu.
It just keep on loading with the old settings. So i feel removing the appdata cache should solve the issue. I need help on removing that or anyother solution for it.

app data.PNG

2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

This NOT 'expert' advice but I would be attempt to uninstall the app and rename the folder that you think contains the settings.  Then reinstall the app and use the correct settings.  If it writes a new settings folder and everything works correctly, delete the renamed file. 

Hummm. are u sure :P It doesn;t gonna crash anything right ?!

Well, here is the manual section on Docker apps:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Using_Docker

If you read all of it , under the 'Remove" section for a Docker app, you have two choices.  I would think in your case, you would want to remove the 'Entire application'.  (Even if you are going to reinstall it later.)   If you haven't done that, you should certainly try it first.  

I would also assume that you have clicked on the 'Edit' function in the dropdown menu of Icon for the Docker app that has the bad configuration.  I would think that every setting would be there. 

You could also inquire on the support thread for app in question.  You can find the support thread for any app by searching for the app on the Apps tab (assuming you have installed the 'Community Applications' plugin.)

As I said, I am no expert as I have only one Docker application installed and I am not a developer of any Docker apps.  But I can remember reading about the reasons for adoption of Docker to reduce the need for plugins with the dependency problems and the stability issues that entailed.  Each Docker is suppose to be a free standing independent package.  Remember, if you rename a folder, the data that it contains is still there.  (I would change the name to some obvious rename like OLD-filefolder which is very transparent as to what has been done.)  I can recall that folks have unstalled Docker apps which when reinstalled had their old settings intact.  (This is a great advantage  for when something has screwed a entire Docker setup with several apps installed.) 

About the possibility of a crash, you first have to define "crash".  If removing an app and renaming its  file folder causes unRAID to fail to load, you have found a major bug.  If the rename causes issues in Docker, unRAID should still start. Rename the file back to the original name and reboot.  Even in the extreme case that unRAID would refuse to start in the normal mode, you could select the SAFE boot mode and do the rename from the base NAS configuration (no plugins, Dockers or VM's).

9 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Well, here is the manual section on Docker apps:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Using_Docker

If you read all of it , under the 'Remove" section for a Docker app, you have two choices.  I would think in your case, you would want to remove the 'Entire application'.  (Even if you are going to reinstall it later.)   If you haven't done that, you should certainly try it first.  

I would also assume that you have clicked on the 'Edit' function in the dropdown menu of Icon for the Docker app that has the bad configuration.  I would think that every setting would be there. 

You could also inquire on the support thread for app in question.  You can find the support thread for any app by searching for the app on the Apps tab (assuming you have installed the 'Community Applications' plugin.)

As I said, I am no expert as I have only one Docker application installed and I am not a developer of any Docker apps.  But I can remember reading about the reasons for adoption of Docker to reduce the need for plugins with the dependency problems and the stability issues that entailed.  Each Docker is suppose to be a free standing independent package.  Remember, if you rename a folder, the data that it contains is still there.  (I would change the name to some obvious rename like OLD-filefolder which is very transparent as to what has been done.)  I can recall that folks have unstalled Docker apps which when reinstalled had their old settings intact.  (This is a great advantage  for when something has screwed a entire Docker setup with several apps installed.) 

About the possibility of a crash, you first have to define "crash".  If removing an app and renaming its  file folder causes unRAID to fail to load, you have found a major bug.  If the rename causes issues in Docker, unRAID should still start. Rename the file back to the original name and reboot.  Even in the extreme case that unRAID would refuse to start in the normal mode, you could select the SAFE boot mode and do the rename from the base NAS configuration (no plugins, Dockers or VM's).

Thanks man. Tried the same but no help here :/ something with the config i guess. Must seek expert advice on this.

On 04/01/2018 at 7:37 AM, ThePhotraveller said:

Thanks man. Tried the same but no help here :/ something with the config i guess. Must seek expert advice on this.

To delete that folder and therefore the settings and config from that container her are 2 ways

1. then run this command (this will delete the folder openvpn-as and any subdirectories)

rm - r /mnt/user/appdata/openvpn-as

2. The other way is to install the clean AppData plugin.

Then remove the container then run the plugin and it will remove the AppData folder of any containers that have been removed see my video here 

5 minutes ago, gridrunner said:

To delete that folder and therefore the settings and config from that container her are 2 ways

1. then run this command (this will delete the folder openvpn-as and any subdirectories)

Then remove the container then run the plugin and it will remove the AppData folder of any containers that have been removed see my video here 

Cool bro... I know its dumb. But how to run the command? 

Coz the unraid pc don't have the monitor or keyboard. May i know how to do that? 

19 hours ago, bonienl said:

If you are on unRAID 6.4 then you can use the "web terminal" function to open a new terminal window and inside you can type the desired command.

Alternatively for any unRAID version you need to use a terminal client on your PC like putty (see http://www.putty.org/) and setup a SSH session from your PC to the server.

Let me try them today and update you.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, gridrunner said:

Have attached everything here. Should help you understand whats wrong here in my side.