Pause parity check then resume later

I don't think there is a way I can pause the parity check and then resume it later?

Currently, it takes about 16 hours for a full check due to my 8tb drives. I run the check once a month but would like a way of pausing the check during the day and then resuming it at night.

It doesn't have to be a scheduled method, a simple command line I could put in at the beginning of the day and another at the end would suit me perfectly.

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, leejbarker said:

I don't think there is a way I can pause the parity check and then resume it later?

Currently, it takes about 16 hours for a full check due to my 8tb drives. I run the check once a month but would like a way of pausing the check during the day and then resuming it at night.

It doesn't have to be a scheduled method, a simple command line I could put in at the beginning of the day and another at the end would suit me perfectly.

Manual Pause/resume of parity checks is a new feature introduced with Unraid 6.7 rc4.  There is now the Parity Check Tuning plugin available that can do this automatically at scheduled times so you can split the parity check into increments run over several days.   See the forum Support thread for more details.

4 hours ago, itimpi said:

Manual Pause/resume of parity checks is a new feature introduced with Unraid 6.7 rc4.  There is now the Parity Check Tuning plugin available that can do this automatically at scheduled times so you can split the parity check into increments run over several days.   See the forum Support thread for more details.

So I've recently upgraded to RC5 and took note of the Pause feature for parity rebuilds. I'm glad its here! I am curious however if you pause the parity rebuild and reboot or power off the server, does it pickup where it left off or does it start over?