YAMJ on unRAID

Okay, thanks. Reading now...

I have a popbox 3d.

I want to eventually set it up so it updates on file change. At the NMT forum someone suggested it is posssible with a script called zombie's script or something like that. So everything will be basically updated in real time...

Also, I have no idea how to run scripts or batch files. I'm a total noob, and was able to set up unraid with the help of the good people on this forum!

So I shouldn't follow the guide in the first post?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thanks theone. I have read the guide in the first link, and read how to install eversion in the second link.

Also did some more general reading on the NMT forum and I think I understand how to get this working.

So... Would you recommend I follow the instructions in the first page on this thread? to install YAMJ first, then update YAMJ with the latest version available, then start figuring out how to use Eversion?

*EDIT*

Okay so I figured I would first make sure everything is running smoothly by installing and running from my PC, then worry about moving it to unRAID, what do you guys think? Or should I just start out by installing on unraid in the first place?

I'm going to be following this guide:

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/StepByStepInstall

Okay so I figured I would first make sure everything is running smoothly by installing and running from my PC, then worry about moving it to unRAID, what do you guys think? Or should I just start out by installing on unraid in the first place?

Yes, that would be my recommendation.

I had YAMJ running on my PC long before setting up unRAID and then I moved it to my unRAID server.

Do you have a cache drive on your unRAID?

Starting YAMJ under Windows would be runnning the "MovieJukebox.bat". For unRAID (Linux) you would simply run "MovieJukebox.sh" instead.

I have it set up that YAMJ runs once a day at noon before I get home, by adding a line to the cron jobs.

Awesome, thanks.

I will try to set everything up (Eversion, YAMJ) to run on my PC first to make sure everything works and is configured properly, then I will worry about transferring to the unraid.

I'm still going to need some help please. I followed the guide word for word yesterday but could not get my movies to play on the Popbox 3D. I am not sure how to point it to index.htm... Do I need to download the YAMJ app? I thought with the Popbox 3d (similar to A200) I could have it work without the app and autoload the jukebox..

I do have a cache drive, currently using it for sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato. It's working great thanks to the awesome members here.

So I got it working, for 5 minutes from my PC....

I wanted to make some changes, I deleted Jukebox on Movies share, let YAMJ run again, and now unraid isn't giving me permission to even open the jukebox folder from within windows explorer!!!

This is driving me crazy guys, I have spent pretty much the entire day getting this to work. It worked several times, but for some reason this time, it is saying I don't have permission to even open the folder!

I didn't change anything except some filenames of my movies! Why is this happening???

• 4 months later...

Don't want to be a party pooper or anything, I just want to warn anyone thinking of buying the pch-c200 or any sybas product, their support is dismal to say the least, you will find yourself spending £200 upwards for the latest kit only to find they will drop it like a stone when the next piece of hardware come out, they have left me and many other others with poorly finished, unpolished firmware for these devices. You only need go over to their forum and read through a few of the firmware release posts..shame on you sybas, I will never buy any of their products again. This would not be the case if they took a leaf from lime techs book

Don't want to be a party pooper or anything, I just want to warn anyone thinking of buying the pch-c200 or any sybas product, their support is dismal to say the least, you will find yourself spending £200 upwards for the latest kit only to find they will drop it like a stone when the next piece of hardware come out, they have left me and many other others with poorly finished, unpolished firmware for these devices. You only need go over to their forum and read through a few of the firmware release posts..shame on you sybas, I will never buy any of their products again. This would not be the case if they took a leaf from lime techs book

The pch-c200 is a 3 year-old piece of hardware and still got updated a few months back.

I have a A110, C200 and A210.

Can you show an example of hardware (especially media related) that is still updated after 3 years by the manufacturer?

LG TVs (I have one)? NO

APPLE iphones (I had one) - NO they dropped support for 2G and 3GS exactly after 3 years if I am not mistaken.

This is especially true for streamers which are still manufactured by relatively small companies.

I can say that popcornhour (or cloudmedia - which is the new name) at least updates the firmware from time-to-time unlike many others.

I am reinstalling my unraid server.  Prior to the install I had YAMJ installed and working.  I currently have java installed and verified via unmenu.  I have also ran the "yamj-go" script.  When I run "yamj-rescan" this is what I get

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/moviejukebox/MovieJukebox

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Could not find the main class: com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox.  Program will exit.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/moviejukebox/MovieJukebox

Could not find the main class: com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox.  Program will exit.

I cannot find any threads addressing this issue.  Can anyone help me to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Well I was hoping to resolve this a different way but it is not working out.  So I am hoping I can come up with the solution for this error.  Here is moviejukebox.sh:

java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -classpath .:./resources:./lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox "$@"

Here is My_YAMJ.sh

#/bin/bash

# Include path to Java binary directory

PATH="$PATH:/usr/lib/java/bin"

# Change into YAMJ directory and execute the MovieJukebox script

# The -o option specifies where to put the generated index.htm and Jukebox directory.

cd /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ ; ./MovieJukebox.sh My_Library.xml -o /mnt/user/Movies

./MovieJukebox.sh My_Library.xml -o /192.168.2.94/PCH -D mjb.skin.dir=./skins/iSkin

./MovieJukebox.sh My_Library.xml -o /192.168.2.94/PCH -D mjb.skin.dir=./skins/iSkin2

Thanks for the help

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot get YAMJ to work with unRAID 5.0. I had it working with 4.7 for years.

The problem is with the player path -- it means nothing will play. It's related to samba authentication. Everything on unRAID 5.0 is now authenticated. Even if I change my Movies share to Public, it doesn't work. I imagine it's because Public just means you have to use some kind of Guest account.

NFS doesn't work -- movie playback is choppy. I don't use NFS with the PCH as it doesn't work, that never mattered because SMB worked so well.

On the YAMJ wiki itself it actually says "Note: Please post in the comments if you know what the SMB with auth setting is."

Nothing listed there works: https://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/NMTRootPaths

Does anyone have YAMJ working with 5.0? If so, how did you get it to work?

Cheers,

Neil.

I have it working without issue on an A210 and C200.

I didn't change anything but I had it running on RC releases since RC8a upto latest RC and then to final release version.

Did you go straight from 4.7 to 5.0?

Are you connecting with Samba, and if so, what are your security settings and can you post your library XML?

Mine (not working) is:

<libraries>

<library>
    <path>/mnt/user/Movies/test</path>
    <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/MICRO:Movies</playerpath>
    <exclude name="EXTRAS_ONLY/, YAMJ/, Jukebox/, DVD/, Demos/"/>
    <description></description>
    <prebuf></prebuf>
    <scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
  </library>

</libraries>

Also, did you enter a user name and PW for a saved Networked share on your C-200? It's the C-200 I'm using.

Cheers!

ETA: I just noticed there may be a mismatch with that test folder, I'll check that out shortly.

Yes, it was me being an idiot with the paths while doing the testing. The playerpath and the path obviously have to lead to the same place, and they weren't. It's working now! Clearly all I had to do was to paste the XML in as a question and see my "schoolboy error"!

:-\  ::)  ;D

• 3 months later...

Absolute rubbish. PCH are the best media players out there (if operated properly and some linux knowledge is existing) with one of the best firmware support out there.