YAMJ on unRAID

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most common software to use to change the fanart, cover, etc.?  I was using YANFOE.  I found that after a yamj-rescan yamj would randomly pick it's own pictures and not use the ones created by YANFOE.  Just curious what some of you are using with success.

For movies: YANFOE to create the .NFO files and download artworks, then YAMJ to index (with scraping turned off in the library file).

For TV series: manually create .NFO files from TVDB URL, then YAMJ to index and scrape.

Cheers,

-jj-

What is the most common software to use to change the fanart, cover, etc.?  I was using YANFOE.  I found that after a yamj-rescan yamj would randomly pick it's own pictures and not use the ones created by YANFOE.  Just curious what some of you are using with success.

My process is to use YANFOE to grab my artwork, then I put my own nfo file with just the url to the movie on IMDB.  My artwork is always used and it grabs the details from the correct movie on IMDB.  I copy exclusivley to \\tower\disk shares and everything stays together.  4 files for every movie (Movie, cover, fanart, and nfo).  

quick clarification... I don't use YANFOE to scan my MEDIA share, I just use a temp folder each time with just the movies I'm adding.  Only takes a couple minutes this way and nothing ever get's overwritten.  Yea.. it's more manual.. but it works.

• 1 month later...

What is the most common software to use to change the fanart, cover, etc.?  I was using YANFOE.  I found that after a yamj-rescan yamj would randomly pick it's own pictures and not use the ones created by YANFOE.  Just curious what some of you are using with success.

My process is to use YANFOE to grab my artwork, then I put my own nfo file with just the url to the movie on IMDB.  My artwork is always used and it grabs the details from the correct movie on IMDB.  I copy exclusivley to \\tower\disk shares and everything stays together.  4 files for every movie (Movie, cover, fanart, and nfo).  

quick clarification... I don't use YANFOE to scan my MEDIA share, I just use a temp folder each time with just the movies I'm adding.  Only takes a couple minutes this way and nothing ever get's overwritten.  Yea.. it's more manual.. but it works.

My process is similar, except YanFoe scans my complete \\tower\disks and writes directly to \nfo and \images shares.  YanFoe has a few quirks occasionally, but it allows me to import artwork that I often need because not everything I come across is in IMDB, eg; concerts and documentaries.  For TV I use TvRename, it snags series artwork and cleans up any file "naming" issues.

Just FYI, if anyone gets this error message when updating YAMJ, execute the following command in order to increase the default maximum of open files (this applies to the current shell only).

ulimit -n 10240

Or for info only:

ulimit -a

lists all the current maximums

ulimit -aH

lists the Hard maximums

• 3 months later...

Hi, just switched my YAMJ to reside on unraid per instructions here.  But I'm having a hard time to get it to play from the index on the c-200.  I just get a black screen and then it goes back to whatever movie/show I was on.  Here is my My_library:

<libraries>

<library>
   <path>/mnt/user/Videos/Movies</path>
   <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Tower:Videos/Movies</playerpath>
   <exclude name="YAMJ/, Jukebox/, TV_Shows/"/>
   <description></description>
   <prebuf></prebuf>
   <scrapeLibrary>false</scrapeLibrary>
 </library>

<library>
   <path>/mnt/user/Videos/TV_Shows</path>
   <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Tower:Videos/TV_Shows</playerpath>
   <exclude name="YAMJ/, Jukebox/, Movies/"/>
   <prebuf></prebuf>
   <scrapeLibrary>true</scrapeLibrary>
 </library>

</libraries>

Anybody see anything wrong?

Try this:

<nmtpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Videos/TV_Shows</nmtpath>

instead of this

<playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Tower:Videos/TV_Shows</playerpath>

make sure you have "Videos" defined as a C-200 share.

Hi, just switched my YAMJ to reside on unraid per instructions here.  But I'm having a hard time to get it to play from the index on the c-200.  I just get a black screen and then it goes back to whatever movie/show I was on.  Here is my My_library:

<libraries>

<library>
   <path>/mnt/user/Videos/Movies</path>
   <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Tower:Videos/Movies</playerpath>
   <exclude name="YAMJ/, Jukebox/, TV_Shows/"/>
   <prebuf></prebuf>
   <scrapeLibrary>false</scrapeLibrary>
 </library>

<library>
   <path>/mnt/user/Videos/TV_Shows</path>
   <exclude name="YAMJ/, Jukebox/, Movies/"/>
   <prebuf></prebuf>
 </library>

</libraries>

Anybody see anything wrong?

You need the name of your server in all caps, ie, TOWER not Tower; one of many quirks of the PCH.

:

I use a C-200 to play back media (because I have lost too much hair being pulled out and too much time on HTPC's, esp. HD playback, but that's another subject...).

At first I thought it would be a good idea to install Java & YAMJ on the unRaid server and have the server do the rescan, but lately I've gotten away from this.  Instead what I have been doing is using the "All-in-One SabishGT" distro of YAMJ running on a PC:

http://www.gt-projects.net/downloads.php?cat_id=1

This download includes everything to run on a PC: the YAMJ code, Sabish's modified Aero theme, and the YAMJ GUI Config utility.  I extract all this to c:\program files (x86)\YAMJ

On the unRaid server, I have this share configuration:

Movies

Photos

Videos

Jukebox

Each of these is set up as a share on the C-200.  Now here's a trick: after creating the Jukebox share, I open a telnet window and created a symlink:

cd /mnt/user/Jukebox

ln -s /mnt/user/Movies

This makes the Jukebox share "look" like this:

Jukebox

Movies

Next I run YAMJ GUI Config tool:

Location of your movie directory to scan: \\Tower\Jukebox

My video files are on: on a Network Path on the NMT

-enter C-200 IP address, then

-select TOWER:Jukebox

Location of where you want the jukebox to be stored: \\Tower\Jukebox

click Add then Save

The tool will generate two files: My_Library.xml and My_YAMJ.cmd.

Here is My_Library.xml that gets generated:

<!-- Library file generated by Omertron's GUI Config -->
<!-- YAMJ GUI Config v0.51 -->
<!-- http://mediaplayersite.com/YAMJ_GUI_Config -->

<libraries>

<library>
    <path>\\\\TOWER\Jukebox</path>
    <playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/TOWER:Jukebox/</playerpath>
    <exclude name="sample,tmp/,temp/,RECYCLER/,RECYCLE.BIN/"/>
    <description>unRAID</description>
    <prebuf></prebuf>
  </library>

</libraries>

Something else I had to do was edit MovieJukebox.bat to prefix the java command with the exact path of where Java was installed, ie, looks like this:

@echo off
rem ***
rem *** Yet Another Movie Jukebox command script
rem ***
rem *** DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS SCRIPT
rem *** UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
rem ***

"\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -classpath .;resources;lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox %*

I didn't need to do this for XP, but for some reason on Win7 the path does not include java.

Alright, now you are ready to invoke My_YAMJ.cmd, which will open a dos window on your PC and start scanning.  When this is done, the Jukebox share will look like this:

Jukebox

Movies    <-- our symlink

Jukebox  <-- generated by YAMJ & holds all the jukebox files

index.htm <-- generated by YAMJ and invoked by C-200 when you navigate to the Jukebox share.

Of course after adding new media you just have to invoke My_YAMJ.cmd again (I have it pinned to the Start menu).

So why the separate Jukebox share?  Well you could do all this in the Movies share, but then you can not use the C-200 normal explorer to navigate (and select to play) your movies (because of the existence of index.htm).  This is convenient because often after transferring new movies to the unRaid server I want to test them out without having to do a rescan.

The other thing this does is create a share with the YAMJ stuff isolated and separate from the Movies.  This will let me move this into a RAM-based file system so that a disk won't spin up when you browse the YAMJ movie wall [but this is a future unRaid feature].

Also I should add that I think this technique works ok on 4.6, but a bug in 5.0-beta2 messes up the permissions of the Movies symlink (which can be manually corrected).  Also you have to put this in config/smb-extra.conf:

wide links = yes

(this is now included in 5.0-beta3).

Finally, why do the rescan on a PC and not the server?

- it's easier to update and modify the skin

- it could be faster if you have a powerful PC

- it's possible to regenerate the YAMJ Jukebox without the server being present - how to do this (and why you would want to do this) I leave as an exercise for the reader :)

The other thing this does is create a share with the YAMJ stuff isolated and separate from the Movies.  This will let me move this into a RAM-based file system so that a disk won't spin up when you browse the YAMJ movie wall [but this is a future unRaid feature].

I don't see any problem in having a separate Jukebox share on unRAID on a separate USB drive containing the Jukebox and index.html file and then link to those from the actual Movies share. C-200 is able to pickup the index.html, all links work and instead of USB drive you can put all from the /Jukebox share (on separate drive) into RAM and re-link from /Movies for faster access. Neither the USB nor the RAM disk require spinup, difference would be access time.

Just give us the RAM-disk, everything else already works from a standalone disk and and is unRaid version independent.

Finally, why do the rescan on a PC and not the server?

- it's easier to update and modify the skin

You can put a nice structure under /Jukebox with all the customized properties files, all skin and all YAMJ versions. Then by setting a link YAMJ/ and aeon/ to the newest directory (customized properties files being taken from a single properties/ directory and specified in the YAMJ rescan/startup script) update the skin and YAMJ without doing *anything* besides downloading the respective files, unpacking and relinking YAMJ/ and aeon/.

Seriously, having YAMJ directly on the unRaid server is the best thing ever. Of course there might be some problems, they just need to be addressed and fixed. Those windows stuff isn't good. Lot of people are using Macs anyway. Of course one can create the Jukebox from the Mac, the best place for this would be unRaid anyway and make it self contained.

- it could be faster if you have a powerful PC

- it's possible to regenerate the YAMJ Jukebox without the server being present.

What is the benefit? The Jukebox without the server is useless.

So why the separate Jukebox share?  Well you could do all this in the Movies share, but then you can not use the C-200 normal explorer to navigate (and select to play) your movies (because of the existence of index.htm).  This is convenient because often after transferring new movies to the unRaid server I want to test them out without having to do a rescan.

Symlink those new stuff to a separate share without index.html and browse from C-200 as much as you want.

I am trying to set this up the way Tom spelled it out (running the scan off a PC), but when i type "ln -s /mnt/user/Movies" I recieve the following error: -bash: In: command not found

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The command is ln

first letter is  "l" as in Lamma, not "I" as in India.

Yesterday I conducted some tweeks to get FileZilla Client to display files and folders. The codes such as:

smb-extra.conf file:

Code:

[global]

create mask = 0644

directory mask = 0755

map hidden = No

map system = No

&

Run this once:

Code:

find /mnt/ -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;

find /mnt/ -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

Now today I went to conduct a rescan for YAMJ-unRaid as follows:

root@Tower:~# yamj-rescan

returns the following       ./yamj-rescan: line 2: /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/My_YAMJ.sh: Permission denied

Did I change any permissions that is affecting YANJ or is something get corrupted?

I am guessing that I am having a permission problem. I went directly to folder and executed the My_YAMJ.sh and it came up with the same "Permission denied".

Can anyone guide me thru this?

Thanks

You changed the permissions on all files under /mnt to REMOVE execute permission.  It is not a surprise. 

You'll now need to restore execute permission on specific files.  I'd start by typing

chmod +x /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/My_YAMJ.sh

I gave it a try with the same response. I then tried:

find /mnt/ -type d -exec chmod 0777 {} \;

The same response of "Permission denied" but a different line #.

(update) I got it working again by applying

chmod +x /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/MovieJukebox.sh as well.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.  :)

I am back with a similar problem. The code above works great on file to file bases to make them executable. What command do I use that will work for all (Global) drives, directories and files?

Basically I am unable to mount movies via Win-XP or Popcorn Hour. I need code to undo :

find /mnt/ -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;        I think!

(UPDATE) I am now able to mount but I am not sure what actually worked. I entered the following code as well as rebooted Popcorn hour and now working.

find /mnt/ -type d -exec chmod 0777 {} \;

Any thoughts on the matter would be helpful with my learning curve. :-\

Thanks

I am back with a similar problem. The code above works great on file to file bases to make them executable. What command do I use that will work for all (Global) drives, directories and files?

Basically I am unable to mount movies via Win-XP or Popcorn Hour. I need code to undo :

find /mnt/ -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;        I think!

Thanks

There is no "undo" on permission changes.  You can set new permissions, but there is no way to undo what you've done to restore permissions the way they were..

The 0755 on directories should give the "root" user the ability to write to directories (create new files or directories, delete files or directories, rename files or directories)

"root" and IDs in the "root" group will be able to use a directory as part of a path to a file, and will able to read directories (get listings of files)

Other users, and users in other groups will be able to use a directory as part of a path to a file, and will able to read directories (get listings of files)

That sounds like it should work just fine as samba runs (I think) as root.

The 0644 should also be ok on files.  It allows root to read or write any file, but everyone else has read only permissions.  Nobody has execute permission, not even root... hence the errors you are getting when trying to execute the shell scripts.    (media files would never be executed)

On the surface, the permissions should be OK unless samba is being run as another user.

You should NOT be setting permissions in a blanket fashion the way you are unless all the files under the paths involved need to be set identically. (or you are willing to deal individually with the exceptions)

Directories need to searchable to be able to use them in a path name.  They must be readable in order to get a directory listing.

Media files need to be readable (by your media players) and writable by the software used to create them/modify them.  They do not need need execute permission.

Scripts you intend to invoke need execute permission by the ID invoking them. 

The numeric permissions are one way to specify permissions, and so are the ugo +/- r/w/x permissions which may be incrementally applied.

Now, with unRAID 5.0 ALL the media files will get new permissions as the security scheme on unRAID matures.  For it, there is an initial set of permissions run by a conversion script.  It sets up new IDs and then invokes a set of scripts to put the new permissions into place.  I have a feeling it might also affect the execute permissions of scripts on the data disks, but since I have none there and not too many people are using the 5.0beta series it might not get much attention until it gets further into the beta cycle.

Joe L.

Thank you for your explanation Joe L.

What I should of said is to get me back to default. The code in RED what started the problems when I was setting up FileZilla to read the contents of the directories. The worked for FTP but screwed up everything else.

I believe you were typing your response when I updated my previous post which I was not sure if the 0777 was effective or not in getting it working.

Thank you for your explanation Joe L.

What I should of said is to get me back to default. The code in RED what started the problems when I was setting up FileZilla to read the contents of the directories. The worked for FTP but screwed up everything else.

I believe you were typing your response when I updated my previous post which I was not sure if the 0777 was effective or not in getting it working.

777 on directories would allow anyone to create file or directories, delete files or empty-directories, or rename directories or files.  Anybody can use the directory as part of a path. Anybody can list files in any directory.