YAMJ on unRAID

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Reggie220

You're not showing us what we really need to know for helping you.

Are you in the YAMJ folder when you run ./MovieJukebox.sh ?

Is Mediainfo installed in YAMJ/Mediainfo/ ?

is '.' (dot) in the path (echo $PATH) ?

Dumb question but I have to ask... did you install the linux version of mediainfo?

@Reggie220

You're not showing us what we really need to know for helping you.

Are you in the YAMJ folder when you run ./MovieJukebox.sh ?

Is Mediainfo installed in YAMJ/Mediainfo/ ?

is '.' (dot) in the path (echo $PATH) ?

Dumb question but I have to ask... did you install the linux version of mediainfo?

I'm using putty and typing the command yamj-rescan to start YAMJ.  I just followed the instruction in the first post. There is a mediaInfo folder in my YAMJ folder which is in the Movies folder on Tower. If I need to do something to install it, then how is that done? the dot question I have no clue about, what do you mean by that?

I haven't used this thread to install YAMJ, but have enough experience with YAMJ.

Some users here may know me on the PCH forums as 'garp99'.

According to the first post...

Procedure

1. Unzip the yamj_unraid.zip file to your PC and bring up your server's share list in a Network Places window.

2. Drag the 'extra' directory to the flash share.

3. Drag the 'YAMJ' directory to your Movies share.

4. If you have not modified your 'go' script, drag the 'go' file to the 'config' directory of the flash share, overwriting the existing 'go' file.  If you have made modifications to your 'go' script, then you will need to examine the 'go' file and add those changes to your 'go' script.

5. From the unRAID console or telnet session, type this command:
    /boot/extra/yamj-go

This command will install the run-time packages required for YAMJ (subsequently each time you reboot, you will not need to retype this command since it's invoked by the new 'go' script).  It will also create a command called 'yamj-rescan' which you can use to update the YAMJ media information after adding new content.

You are now ready to invoke 'yamj-rescan' for the first time.  Again, from the unRAID console or telnet session, type:
    yamj-rescan

This runs the YAMJ application by invoking /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/My_YAMJ.sh (a shell script).  Here's what will happen:

So assuming you've done those steps, I am guessing that running yamj-rescan is calling the full path for /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/My_YAMJ.sh

and this could mean that YAMJ is trying to find ./Mediainfo which is not located from wherever yamj-rescan starts.

Try to first change into the YAMJ folder

cd /mnt/user/Movies/YAMJ/

and then run

/boot/extra/yamj-rescan

and see if that helps.

A couple problems with my attempt at putting yamj on unraid server.  First off Mediainfo is not found even though it is in the YAMJ folder.

Check the properties file, there you might need to change there the path to mediainfo.

Regarding the java message, you may want to increase the shared memory java is using. The defiault value is pretty on the low side. These are the parameters -Xms -Xmx, the sum of both must be lower than the physical memory installed in your system. The location for those is MediaJukebox.sh

Check the properties file, there you might need to change there the path to mediainfo.

Regarding the java message, you may want to increase the shared memory java is using. The defiault value is pretty on the low side. These are the parameters -Xms -Xmx, the sum of both must be lower than the physical memory installed in your system. The location for those is MediaJukebox.sh

mediainfo path looks good, maybe i will update it with a newer version see if that helps.

I think Java memory is the prob, I only have 512MB installed and the parameter goes to 1024. I will try putting a 1024 stick in there to see if it helps.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondered if any of the updated versions for Linux on the Mediainfo site (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download) would be suitable for use with Unraid?  The version here seems to segfault a lot when running, i.e.:

Feb 1 19:02:22 Steve kernel: mediainfo[6802]: segfault at 18 ip 082b9fd0 sp bf9ba090 error 4 in mediainfo[8048000+375000]

(Running Unraid 4.7).

Cheers,

-jj-

You should be able to run any of the latest versions. I was able to fire up the Debian 5 release for v0.7.41 without any issue. Just make sure you also download libmediainfo0 and libzen0.

Just wondered if any of the updated versions for Linux on the Mediainfo site (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download) would be suitable for use with Unraid?  The version here seems to segfault a lot when running, i.e.:

Feb 1 19:02:22 Steve kernel: mediainfo[6802]: segfault at 18 ip 082b9fd0 sp bf9ba090 error 4 in mediainfo[8048000+375000]

(Running Unraid 4.7).

Cheers,

-jj-

You should be able to run any of the latest versions. I was able to fire up the Debian 5 release for v0.7.41 without any issue. Just make sure you also download libmediainfo0 and libzen0.

did you leave the files as a ".deb" file?

(Running Unraid 4.7).

Cheers,

-jj-

did you leave the files as a ".deb" file?

.deb files are merely ar archive files. But, I haven't seen a way to open .deb files natively on the unRAID [without installing extra software -- either binutils (http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-13.1/slackware/d/binutils-2.20.51.0.8-i486-1.txz) or Perl and alien (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/alien)].

By far the easiest way to get into a .deb file is to use 7-zip or similar archive utility on a Windows box.

hi all,

I'm thinking of changing my YAMJ to more like what Tom has running.

Currently I run Yamj and the jukebox on unRAID on my movies share (a bit lazy but I think the jukebox files have ended up over a few disks so it's spinning up a few disks just to read/display the Yamj wall).

I'd like to move all the jukebox files onto a ssd to eliminate the wait and the spin up of drives and also can skip Yamj if I don't want it.

Question is, should I have the jukebox files on another USB or a ssd sata drive?

Also does anyone know if a 2.5in SSD drive will fit in one of the Norco hot swap caddies?

Thanks Josh

SSD is faster than USB, should be a no brainer. Then, you may create a single Jukebox folder on a single disk that is above your defined split level. By doing this Jukebox files wont get spread across disks. Later, when moving to SSD or USB you just switch that directory to a link pointing to the new Jukebox on the SSD/USB without changing anything else. Remove the link from the share and you won't get YAMJ, set it again and you get YAMJ for that share.

And yes, 2.5" disks can be fitted very elegantly into Norco hotplug carriers by using this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Storage-bay-adapter-3-5/dp/B0029U14VS

I think he could also change the name of the index file to something other than index.htm (need to change your skin properties file) so that it doesn't auto-load.  Then either navigate to the .htm file or directly to your shares.  Another option is you could setup a separate share on your media device (I'm using a PCH C-200) that will load YAMJ automatically and have a separate share for navigating your UnRAID user shares.  For this you would want the jukebox share to be above your split level share.

Thanks,

I think I am leaning towards the SSD, they do cost a bit more than the usb sticks, that's why they were considered.

Then, you may create a single Jukebox folder on a single disk that is above your defined split level.

My split levels are set fairly high to allow for: /mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/??? TV/Season 1

The jukebox would be set at /mnt/user/jukebox

If I'm not wrong, the jukebox share would be set to include disk(ssd) only so hopefully keeping all jukebox files there and then running a symlink like Tom was mentioning to the /mnt/user/Media share.

This would allow me on the popcorn hour to go to either the jukebox share for the index.html or to the Media share just for a list of all files.

Thanks Josh

Other way round, link from /mnt/usr/Media/Jukebox to /mnt/SSD/Jukebox

You may start moving all jukebox files to a single /mnt/usr/Media/Jukebox now. When you get the SSD, format with reiserfs, mount-by-id or name, move that jukebox directory to the SSD and link from /mnt/usr/Media/Jukebox to it as well. You may want to create a second user share that doesn't include that Jukebox link in order the C-200 to show directory contents instead of YAMJ, or you rename that default index.htm to something else and disable it from auto-loading...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm having a little difficulty with getting the yamj and jukebox moved to the ssd.

I used to have:

Photos

Videos

Media

- YAMJ

- Jukebox

and My_Library.xml looked like this:

<libraries>

<library>

<path>/mnt/user/Media</path>

<playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Media/</playerpath>

<exclude name="YAMJ/, Cartoons/, Jukebox/"/>

<description></description>

<prebuf></prebuf>

<scrapeLibrary>false</scrapeLibrary>

</library>

</libraries>

I've created a Jukebox Share like with the symlink to Media like this

Photos

Videos

Jukebox

- Media@ symlink

- YAMJ

- Jukebox

New My_Library.xml

<libraries>

<library>

<path>/mnt/user/Jukebox</path>

<playerpath>file:///opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/NETWORK_SHARE/Jukebox/</playerpath>

<exclude name="YAMJ/, Cartoons/, Jukebox/"/>

<description></description>

<prebuf></prebuf>

<scrapeLibrary>false</scrapeLibrary>

</library>

</libraries>

I've tried Jukebox and also TOWER:Jukebox (Never needed TOWER with previous Media share)

I can access all the html files, get to the movie but when enter to play it just goes black and then comes back to the YAMJ page for that movie.

Is it possibly a permissions issue?

The Media@ in Jukebox is light blue and when I mount in Ubuntu to view the files:

mount -t nfs TOWERIP:/mnt/user/Jukebox mnt/Jukebox

It shows through the file browser as;

This link cannot be used, because its target "/mnt/user/Media" doesn't exist.

OR is it looking for the /mnt/user/Media locally?

any other suggestions?

Thanks Josh

I'm having a little difficulty with getting the yamj and jukebox moved to the ssd.

I used to have:

Photos

Videos

Media

- YAMJ

- Jukebox

Josh, I would say only Jukebox and index.htm from within the Media/ folder should be links and point to their location on the SSD. That's all you need to change. Everything else like library.xml stays the same as Jukebox and index.htm doesn't look to YAMJ as being moved at all (links in place now).

Quote from: joshpond on February 26, 2011, 05:21:21 PM

I used to have:

Photos

Videos

Media

- YAMJ

- Jukebox

Josh, I would say only Jukebox and index.htm from within the Media/ folder should be links and point to their location on the SSD. That's all you need to change. Everything else like library.xml stays the same as Jukebox and index.htm doesn't look to YAMJ as being moved at all (links in place now).

Thanks for the help Starcat.

I'm getting a bit lost with the symlinks but I'm trying to set it up like Tom's

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6557.msg91724#msg91724

That way there is no index.htm on the Media share so you can still browse as per normal. The Jukebox share has all the files and the index.htm so the popcorn hour goes straight there and when media is selected and played it goes via the symlink to the media folder.

have I got that right?

Thanks Josh